May

10th Anniversary Stitch Along-Part 1

I hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend! I know we sure did! We spent the entire weekend at the Lakehouse…and I have to admit…I did not stitch once….I was jet skiing, paddle boarding, boating and cooking lots of meals…and a BIG thank you to those who have served in our military so we are allowed to have the privilege to celebrate with our families and friends.

I did however get the first part of the 10th Anniversary Stitch-Along ready for you all today…Click the link below, or on the side button will hold the most current Part of the Stitch-Along…Some of you I know are interested in kits…so we will have them on the site for each part. Part 1 will be a whole $4. They will not include the pattern…you will print them from this PDF here. They will be ready to ship the 2nd week in June, if you want all the remaining parts and don’t want to bother purchasing them each time, in your comment sections write that you want ALL parts…We’ll collect orders for about a week after each post and then cut the kits so we don’t cut too many as, I don’t want to be left with excess parts.…..I will probably be posting parts for the SAL (Stitch Along) about every 2 weeks…and will keep the price of the kits very reasonable for what you are getting…after all this is our Anniversary present to you…Like for instance…I could have charged $5 for the center block for a nice round number, but when I did all my figures it came out to only $4…so $4 it is…This cannot be combined with the SBOW. It will be fun and will hopefully challenge you a little too! Please don’t ask me too many questions about the SAL as the answer will probably be “I don’t know yet”…lol…I don’t have it all done…I will be designing each part as I go…

Stitch-Along Part 1 PDF

Here are a few pics from out weekend…Hope you enjoyed your too!

LB

Jake…on his Jet Skii

Jake…on his Jet Skii

Nick and the boys…fishing not too far from the dock

Nick and the boys…fishing not too far from the dock

Luke and Brooke

Luke and Brooke

My Niece Kaity and BF Colton

My Niece Kaity and BF Colton

Romeo…checking out the situation

Romeo…checking out the situation

Brooke's new Wisconsin ride...

Brooke’s new Wisconsin ride…

Piece of cake!!!

Piece of cake!!!

Jake and Lauren on the sit down ski...

Jake and Lauren on the sit down ski…

Lauren and Jake, trying out the paddle boards down the channel

Lauren and Jake, trying out the paddle boards down the channel

What do we have to do to get some alone time?

What do we have to do to get some alone time?

About these ads

71 Responses to “10th Anniversary Stitch Along-Part 1”

1. 1 Paula
    May 27, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Love your patterns and love your lake pics and hope you got a lot of rest. I’m gonna mention this so you won’t forget when you have time. …….The new blocks you plan to share with us that go with the other 12 you have already done and given out. 6″ blocks? I mentioned it to you at Paducah. Sorry I can’t think of the name. Let me know if you don’t know what I am talking about. Paula in KY

2. May 27, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Super cute, love the pictures. Can’t wait, Shawn

3. May 27, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Thank you so very much for the pattern. It is beautiful. It will give me an opportunity to use my the wools I have hand dyed. I look forward to the future patterns. Lisa, you are a most generous person for sharing your talents and ideas with your devoted fans and customers. Thank you again, Pat

4. 6 pdroberts
    May 27, 2014 at 6:02 pm

This is fantastic. I can use all my hand dyed wool. woooooo hooooo.

5. May 27, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Awesome!!! I’m so excited I’ve printed out the PDF and I’m off to my wool scraps to choose the pieces! Thank you Lisa your loving nature and generosity is why Primitive Gatherings is my favorite. Thank you for the encouragement! I love the pictures of your family at the lake! I can’t wait until I get to get up your way and ride all around!!! Hugs from SoCal Liz

6. 8 jackie barron
    May 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I know that you don’t have a lot of answers to questions and I certainly appreciate all your creativity and you don’t necessarily know where you will end up – I am just wondering if you might have any idea how many installments there might be in the stitch along? Thanks for trying to answer this!!

7. 10 Doreen
    May 27, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Is this a free pattern for us? Where does the $4 come in?

Doreen

• May 27, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Doreen…the pattern is free…you can you use your wools and cottons from your collection to make it…if some need to make exactly like mine we will kit it and sell them for the $4. LB

8. 12 June Lewis
    May 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Love the design and the idea of a Stitch-along. I would like ALL parts.
    Happy stitching!

9. 13 Linette Stewart
    May 27, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Thank you!!!

10. 14 Susan Shaw
    May 27, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Lisa, I am thrilled that you got some lake time. My first husband and I had a trailer at the lake when our kids were growing up. It was our family time. He worked nights and only had every third weekend off. So, many Friday nights, the kids and I would go to the lake and he would come down after work and then commute into work on Saturday. It gave us at least a tad of family time. We even went some in the winter just to get away. My daughter’s in-laws had a boat and her husband does not like the lake, so she is sad that her sons will not have the memories of the lake. Last year was a tough year for our family, too. My second husband was found dead in his apartment (we had only been divorced 7 months – it was a necessity not a desire to divorce) on July 30. The same day my daughter had a D&C to terminate an unsustainable pregnancy. I had a second MRI to rule out that breast cancer was back and in my brain – I was having double vision and couldn’t stitch. Then in December my daughter’s father-in-law died unexpectedly in his sleep. I am able to say that I have “graduated” from my grief group and will be helping to facilitate in the fall. I’m hoping to lead a small home group for widows, too. I have a first trip planned to England for a quilt tour. I’m putting my first entry in a quilt show in two weeks – of course, I’m in a panic to get it finished. I made one like it for my sister-in-law when she was ordained as a Methodist pastor three years ago. I’m entered a Double Wedding Ring that a 89 (now 91) year old friend made for us. My husband died before I got it bound. So, it’s been a year of firsts and things I thought I would or could endure. You have no idea how much I have been praying for you and your family. I am going to Albuquerque next month to be grandma while my daughter and her husband go on vacation and then stay another week to see the whole family. I want to look into the summer sew along. My quilt guild makes toddler size quilts for needy children. My small stitch group is going to make larger (twin) quilts. We feel there is a need for quilts for larger than toddlers and for males, too. And, what I didn’t tell you is that I am disabled. I am a breast cancer survivor and was diagnosed six weeks later with fibromyalgia. It’s been eleven years and I still take anti-estrogen oral therapy. Usually, people only take it five years. Yes, I am high risk for recurrence. I am blessed and striving to be a survivor. Thank you for all you do for the quilting community and your survivor spirit.. Thank you, thank you, thank you. When you had a give away for something, I tried to enter and there were so many entries that I couldn’t even post a entry, so I want you to know you have a lot of support.

May 27, 2014 at 7:35 pm

This will be fun! Thank you Lisa. I haven’t met a design of yours that I didn’t like! Hope Nick and the boys caught some fish for your dinner! It must have been a nice warm weekend judging from the pictures. The water was probably still pretty ‘cool’ tho I bet.

12. May 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Thanks for the pattern. I love it so far and can’t wait to see the whole quilt. I’m sure it will be wonderful. Do you have any idea of how much a whole kit might cost? Trying to decide whether to start ordering it or not. DSon’t want to run out of money. :) Looks like a wonderful time at the lake. Something so restful and peaceful being at a lake.

• May 28, 2014 at 10:28 am

Brenda…the quilt will actually be pretty small…I can’t see the Parts being a lot of $$$ I promise not ever to gouge anyone…but without actually having all done, I can’t give you exact pricing…but again I am guessing…i would think it would somewhere are $50 could be less???

• May 28, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Thanks Lisa. That sounds very reasonable. I would never think you would gouge anyone. I just didn’t want to commit to buying some kits and find out i couldn’t afford it. Love your design and am excited to be able to do this. I have a small collection of wool but probably not enough to make it.You are very generous to share this design for free with us.

13. May 27, 2014 at 8:07 pm

It looks like you had a much deserved, fun time with your family. Thank you for the free pattern, congratulations on your anniversary celebration, too. I hope you are not inundated with too many questions but I do have one, sorry. I will be away from a computer for almost all of the month of June, will I be able to catch up with the patterns when I get back, or are they posted just for a short time? Again, thank you for such a cute pattern, it will be fun to sew along!

14. 23 Maddy McCaslin
    May 27, 2014 at 8:24 pm

can’t wait to get started. thanks,

15. May 27, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Looks like wonderful family time!
    LOVE the design, Lisa!! Thank you, thank you for doing this for us!!

• 25 mimisanta
      May 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Thank you Lisa I would like all parts of the sitch along. Most of the wool I have is from kits I purchased from you. Mimi Santa from MI

16. 26 Marlene M
    May 27, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Wow – this Anniversary thing is a “GOTTA HAVE IT” kit. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Thanks for sharing the weekend at the lake. Love your pic’s. Great family time and always much needed if you’re anything like my family.

A big thanks to all the wonderful people who keep us free and safe. A big thanks to you for giving so much of yourself to all of us.

17. 27 Glynis
    May 27, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Lisa, thank you so much for your generosity in giving us a free stitch-along celebrating your 10th anniversary. The first installment is beautiful and I hope to use some of the wool from Primitive Gatherings wool club.

18. 28 sue Schultz
    May 27, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Congratulations on 10 wonderful years and thank-you for the free anniversary stitch along. Looks like you had a great family week-end. Love that the pups got to go in the boat with Nick. We are only missing a photo of you. :(

May 27, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Thanks Lisa, love it!

20. 31 VickyC
    May 27, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Thanks Lisa – glad you got some rest! You really deserved it! Can hardly wait to get started on the 10th…
    The ake looks so peaceful…

21. May 27, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Thanks for the wonderful stitch along! And a big congratulations on your 10-year anniversary!!! That’s a lot of wool LOL!

22. 33 Connie R. Spalding
    May 28, 2014 at 7:27 am

Lisa, this is going to be both a beautiful quilt and also fun celebrating your 10th anniversary with you. I am excited to start the project and as usual, it’s going to be one that I can’t resist participating in. I have two questions though…1) do you know what the shipping will cost with each $4 shipment? and 2) will you offer a one time price for paying for the full kit? I am also doing your SBOW, so I’m wondering the approximate cost of this project if paid for in full at the beginning. Thanks again for all that you do for us.

• May 28, 2014 at 10:31 am

The shipping will be minimal and will depend on where it is going….I will not offer as I do not know anymore that what I have shown here in the post…it is hard to put a price on something when it has not been finished…sorry I am not much more help…I didn’t expect to do kits:)

• 35 Connie R. Spalding
        May 28, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Thanks Lisa…this helps me make my decision. I will just comment that I would like all of the parts to the project when I order part one.

23. 36 Anna Hayoz
    May 28, 2014 at 8:04 am

I will be visiting your both at the Dulles expo center this Friday, will they have any of the kits with them? If not, can you tell yet what color wools you will be using so I can buy them? Thank you, I hope to have you as a teacher again, Lisa, I enjoyed your class at the Sewing Expo. Thank you, Anna Hayoz

Sent from my iPad

• May 28, 2014 at 10:34 am

No..they will not have the kits with them…they left before I was done…the kits will not be made until next week when we know how many to make? they will have the threads and look for Christmas, Sage and gold star wool…Jess will know the colors…LB

24. May 28, 2014 at 8:24 am

Thank you for the free pattern, I am actually going to try to keep up with this one, lol. I have lots of wool that I have been collecting, so time to use it. Looks like a wonderful way to spend the weekend, we had nice weather so got in some nice walks, but a bit too cold to get on the water.

Debbie

25. 39 Diane
    May 28, 2014 at 9:01 am

Congrats on the anniversary. I have followed you for awhile and finally met you at Road to California. Can you please tell me the diameter of the center flower so I know I have printed the pattern to the proper scale? Thanks – Diane from Saskatchewan, Canada

26. 41 Stephanie Matz
    May 28, 2014 at 10:25 am

Hi! I only discovered you in the last couple of weeks, so I’ll celebrate your anniversary by signing up as a new customer! I love wool appliqué and love the promise in this pattern. And since I’ve been getting almost all my wool from a single source, I’m NOT going to my stash for this one. Can’t wait to see your wools. So sign me up for the whole shebang! I’m not local to you, so there will be shipping. And thanks so much for doing this.

27. 42 Brenda Wyatt
    May 28, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Lisa, I would love part 1 to get started, probably all parts as well. Thanks so much for doing this, I love your work. Happy Anniversary!

28. 43 Stephanie
    May 28, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I don’t yet see my comment left here this morning from my iPad, so to be safe: I would like the whole kit. Thanks!

29. 44 Sandee Wright
    May 28, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Sandee Wright
    I have done a lot of your projects. Just love what you do. I would love to receive the all the kits to finish this project. At this time I would like to thank you for doing this for us. Looking forward to doing this wool along.

30. 45 Margret Berg
    May 28, 2014 at 6:19 pm

i would like to order all of the stitch along kits. I could not find any place to order them. Marge Berg mnjberg@gmail.com

31. 46 Shari
    May 28, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Love the block. Then again, I love all of your designs. I feel like an LB groupie – and have lots of kits to prove it! Did you happen to find a replacement for the Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite at market? That’s what I used on my first block of yours last summer and now I’m on my third quilt and running out. Thanks for the free design. Can’t wait to get my first SBOW.

32. 47 Tracy Petrykowski
    May 28, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Congratulations on 10 year Anniversary! I will be coming to the class on Thursday, June 5th at 10 am, really looking forward to learning from you. I think the stitch-along will be a great place for me to start. I need to keep my hands busy. I would like ALL of the blocks. When we come to the shop next week, can we prepay for all of them? See you next week Lisa :)

33. 48 sgrodek2013
    May 29, 2014 at 6:04 am

I’m really new to your blog. I would love to buy your whole stitch a long kit. Just let me know how to do it. I live in Elyria, Ohio. My son and his family live in Manitowac, Wi. Is that near to you? You live in God’s country for sure. It is beautiful up there. By the way, Happy Anniversary. 10 years of anything is a long time. I’m so happy I found you. I can’t wait to start.

34. 50 Julie Green
    May 29, 2014 at 7:53 am

Looking forward to doing the stitch along for the 10th anniversary !!!!

35. 51 Paula S
    May 29, 2014 at 8:46 am

Love it! Already got it cut out in two different colors (one for each of my daughters)! I am so happy that I visited this website this spring. I’m also waiting with anticipation for the SBOW…

36. 52 Vickie McDonald
    May 29, 2014 at 10:18 am

I would like all the kits for the 10th Anniversary stitch-a-long. Thanks, Vickie P. S. Congratulations on 10 Big years!!

37. 53 Krislyn Thompson
    May 29, 2014 at 11:53 am

I would like all of the kits. I don’t know how you are handling this. You will have my email address. Thanks so much for sharing your pattern with us.

38. 54 Teri LaVoy
    May 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Well, this is going to be a fun project. I like the first pattern already and have my ideas of fabrics and wool from my stash picked out. Thank you so much for all your creativity and blessings to us. Also glad you were able to get away – my hubby and I call them “SOS weekends) (sos=save our sanity). thanks again for all you do for us.

39. 55 Shirley
    May 29, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Love the free pattern, can’t wait to get started.

40. May 29, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Thanks so much for another cute pattern (and for giving it away!), and Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Something to celebrate, for sure! I am going to join in on the stitch-along, and have mentioned it on my blog, hope that it OK. Here’s the link: http://mylifeisastitch.blogspot.com/2014/05/summertime-fun.html
    Thanks again, and Happy Summer Stitching!

41. May 29, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I would like to purchase all Parts. Just tell me what to do. This is great!

42. 60 Gloria Reinhardt
    May 29, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I am new to your Weblog but I do want to purchase all parts. I think they are beautiful and thank you for doing all this work. God bless you. Gloria

43. May 29, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I printed pattern so I could get started and then came back to order the kit. I’m a bit worried about shipping costs so just ordered the first one! I know I’ll love making this!! I do have a lovely stash of wool, some hand-dyed and gorgeous linen or background, but having a kit will be great!!

44. 62 Valerie
    May 29, 2014 at 11:38 pm

On your May 7th post you mentioned that you would be doing a pieced center for those who don’t do wool applique. I was wondering if you are still going to do this or if you decided not to? Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

45. 65 Angie Taber
    June 1, 2014 at 10:17 am

I am almost finished with this 10th anniversary stitch along block…but I used an 8×8 square…was I supposed to start with a slightly larger piece to be trimmed to 8×8 later?
    Thank you Lisa, you’re are the best!
    Angie

46. 67 Kathy LeMere
    June 10, 2014 at 8:58 am

I have been trying to print off the pattern and I am getting a message that there is not enough information. Any ideas?? I would love to start this stitch a long. It is so pretty. I love all your patterns Lisa. Have made more of yours in my stash than anyone elses (I have alot of stash)

Kathy LeMere

47. 69 Victoria Cloud
    June 19, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Hi Lisa: Congrats on your prize-winning creation! It is beautiful and the quilting just makes it come alive! I won’t be able to do it because I am over-committed (actually should be committed!), but wanted to say how much I love your designs…where is your lake house? I am SO jealous…Vicky from Camano Island, WA – wanta trade homes???

48. 71 Diane Jarvis
    June 20, 2014 at 10:57 am

I received my kit and got it all cut out and fused together. Now just have to get it stitched! Love it. Can’t wait for the next installment!