The Magic of Christmas…3 ways…winnersI

I have picked some winners from Facebook, Instagram and one from an email who is not on FB/IG…here are the winners…from IG…it is…happy_appliquer ….from FB its…Debbie Bacon…img_9083
img_9082

I hope you are enjoying your block making or are patiently waiting for these suggestions on how to set your 25- 6″ blocks.  Now these three settings can be made as is… or…adjust them…like add something green!!! or add sashing and cornerstones to Setting no. 2, and so on…the possibilities are really endless…I have kept size in mind so they are different…and  I have not done the obvious straight setting…those are simple to figure out, you don’t need me to help you with that…I tried some not so popular settings…some with a little more work…to make spectacular quilts!!! Thank you to Pamela…who helped her friend Patti out by sending me her progress on here blocks?…Patti are you gonna use that as a center??…You Patti have also won a prize…img_2607img_2601

All three ladies please email me your info so I can send you prize!!! please send it to: ahoefler@new.rr.com, this is Amy…she is my assistant and keeps track of everything!

Now I could have charged you for these settings but…I didn’t want too, I like giving things away…but…I want to think that if you need more fabric to complete the setting you want you WILL order it from Primitive Gatherings..it’s hard to tell how much fabric you all have left from making your blocks…I told you what you will need to finish in these setting directions..so minus what you have left….AND if you don’t need more fabric, you will support me in other ways.  It is a lot of work/time to make these FREE things happen…also if you notice on my blog…there are no ads…so the only way we make money to support ourselves  and pay our employees is if you buy on our website, come to our booth at the shows…or ask your quilt shop to carry Primitive Gatherings fabrics, wools, wool kits, we also wholesale Valdani to other quilt shops…so if you ask your local shop to carry our things…this all helps!!!

We sure appreciate all of you who make it possible for us to have jobs we LOVE!

PS…I also didn’t move the blocks around in these possible settings, they are left in the order they were released…you can make decisions as to where they look best…also…one more thing…the borders in these setting are big on purpose…I want someone to do some applique…or some fancy quilting in those wide borders…you always can adjust the border with if you want a smaller quilt…I guess I could go on a on..so here’s the three setting’s…Have fun…I would love to know which is your favorite and why please leave me comments!!!

Setting no. 1

Country Version

Template

Setting no. 3

52″x 52″

City Version

magic-of-christmas-version-3

66 Responses to “The Magic of Christmas…3 ways…winnersI”

1. 1 Anita Taylor
    December 13, 2016 at 11:55 am

I LOVE setting number 1! I’m doing the country version. However, I love all three, so hard to choose! Thank you for all you do.

December 13, 2016 at 11:56 am

I love version 1, it’s so open and airy, like snowflakes…red snowflakes in a white sky, I guess!

3. 3 Cindy Shope
    December 13, 2016 at 11:57 am

Did I miss block 25?

4. 4 Karen Seitz
    December 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

Lovely, lovely settings! I like setting 1 the best. It is beautiful in its simplicity, gives your eyes more places to rest, and really showcases the individual blocks the best, I think. Thank you, Lisa and team, for all the work you do for us!

5. 5 Kim Skelding
    December 13, 2016 at 11:59 am

Thank you so much Lisa for this beautiful quilt. I can’t wait to start. I retire on December 30th and plan on doing this quilt right away. Love the setting options. I have a personal mission to do a series of Red and White quilts and this will fit in great. Thank you so much again.

6. 6 Ann P.
    December 13, 2016 at 11:59 am

Number three is my favorite. There is room for some beautiful quilting. It is a hard decision between the 3 designs.

7. 7 Pam Kirk
    December 13, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I really like version 1. I’m wondering how to quilt it. I’m already thinking of how to quilt it?

8. December 13, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Congratulations to all the winners.. Lisa, all of the settings are absolutely fabulous. Thank you for a great Christmas quilt. Hugs….

9. 9 Diane
    December 13, 2016 at 12:08 pm

It is so hard to decide – Lisa, all the settings are gorgeous — I am almost done with the blocks and then will have to study and decide – which one to use! Oh my — such a decision! Thank you so much for this gorgeous Sew A Long! Have a very Merry Christmas —-

December 13, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Number 3. Perfect size for a wall hanging above my steps Thanks for sharing your designs.

11. 11 Karen Conter
    December 13, 2016 at 12:15 pm

I prefer setting number 2. The red is so rich. Will there be kits available?

12. 12 Bev
    December 13, 2016 at 12:32 pm

No question! Number two for me. The fabulous pinwheel blocks for the secondary design and the pieced border….it’s beautiful! Thank you so much for the patterns and the excitement of the surprise through the season.

13. 13 travelingro
    December 13, 2016 at 12:47 pm

These are all great but I absolutely love the embroidery of A Year of Angels added. Where can I find the embroidery patterns?

14. 16 Hildy
    December 13, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Thanks Lisa for this sew-along I’ve downloaded all patterns but didn’t make a single block yet. Perhaps for next year’s christmas (glad that there’ll always be a next one;-)
    I love the first and the third version perhaps a combination of the two would be what I would choose.

15. 17 Jeannie N
    December 13, 2016 at 12:53 pm

First, thank you for this sew along. Second, I can’t decide which setting I like the best. Right now I like #1 and #3 or maybe I can do a variation of the two?! hmmm………..Merry Christmas!

16. 18 Pamela Tasker
    December 13, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Setting #2 City Version. They are all so lovely but this one said Christmas to me. By the way could you please tell me for block #24 which version is correct ? is it 2″ or 1 3/8 ” in B or D ? I saw block #24 posted a couple of times but I was confused as to which one was correct . Thank you so much for your gift of blocks ! Merry Christmas.

17. 19 Debbie-do
    December 13, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Thank you for choosing my blocks! I had fun with this! As for your settings, I choose#3 as my favorite!

18. 20 Robin Boggan
    December 13, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Oh my gosh! I love the #1 setting! Thank you so much for the wonderful blocks I had so much fun doing them. The Magic of Christmas was a way to end this year! Thanks again.

19. 21 halejm
    December 13, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hard to decide which version to make! Thank you for all of the patterns and settings! Merry Christmas!

20. 22 Fran B
    December 13, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! My favorite setting is the first version because to my eye, there is a nice balance between the red and white or cream. Thanks Lisa for sharing your time and talent with this fabulous free sew along.

21. 23 Lissa Rogers
    December 13, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Thank you! It will be hard to choose, they are all GLORIOUS!

22. 24 Lana
    December 13, 2016 at 1:32 pm

You are awesome!!! Love the finishes and you are so generous in your giving of free projects and tips! Thank you and I will be ordering more fabric among other things!!!! Glad you are feeling better.

December 13, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I like number 2, the pinwheels remind me of peppermint candy.

24. 26 Robbi
    December 13, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Thank you for all that you share with us. I really appreciate all your hard work that goes in to designing these patterns. You are always my first stop at the GRand Rapids AQS show!

25. 27 jean f
    December 13, 2016 at 1:37 pm

you have no idea how much I appreciate the NO ADVERTIZING! things that move, pop up, etc really bother my eyes! Love the free patterns and settings. Thank you so much!

26. 28 Camille
    December 13, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Thank you for your time to prepare and share the blocks and the settings! I appreciate your talents and I LOVE the unique borders on each of your settings!!! There is nothing ho-hum about this entire project. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! (and of course I will shop for whatever fabrics I need to finish at Primitive Gatherings)

• 29 Donna Pace
      December 13, 2016 at 2:11 pm

I love Version #2 because “I love lots of red” and I am going to be making the Country one. It seems the red border makes the beautiful blocks just pop! Thanks so much, Lisa, for the fun project and free patterns!

27. 30 The Lockharts
    December 13, 2016 at 2:11 pm

I like setting #1. Each block is beautiful by itself, and #1 lets each shine as an individual without being too “busy.” And (sorry) I didn’t make any of my blocks yet, so by the time I get around to making them I will have lost these suggestions and will need to make up my own anyway. But I love them! Thanks!

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

> lisabongean posted: “I have picked some winners from Facebook, Instagram > and one from an email who is not on FB/IG…here are the winners…from > IG…it is…happy_appliquer ….from FB its…Debbie Bacon… I hope you > are enjoying your block making or are patiently waitin” >

28. 31 Janice Joyner
    December 13, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Thank you Lisa for these 3 gorgeous settings! I like #1 best. I love applique and will add some to that large white border. I’m so very proud of my first attempt at 6″ blocks. Thank you for this mystery and I’ll definitely be ordering some more of the fabric soon.

December 13, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Thank you so much! It’s been so fun making these blocks and I’m looking forward to putting them together in the new year or maybe even over Christmas break. Can’t decide yet which setting I’ll use but leaning towards version 1.

30. 33 Janan
    December 13, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Loving that Version 3! And that sawtooth border! We are crazy for tiny half square triangles! Thank you so much for this pattern, it has been a fun sew along. And what an awesome pattern, it will make a beautiful quilt, I love the idea of the border space for the quilting too! Thank you for all your hard work and what you do for quilting! Have a Merry Christmas!

31. 34 linda melz
    December 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

just finished today on line ThANK goodness love the finished quilts

linda m

32. 35 Barb Jenson
    December 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

They are all winners it’s a hard choice thank you so much for the options. I may mix two of them together……!!!! I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful Christmas. Let’s do one for V day next.

33. 36 Rebecca
    December 13, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Again ….a great project. I saved 1 and 3. Now I’m looking for applique options.

34. December 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Oh my goodness.. those settings are absolutely beautiful!! I have been so busy that I could not join in, but I did manage to save
    the patterns. Thank you so much for them!!.For some time I have been a member of your “Primitive Gatherings Fat Eights Fabric Club”, so that means I have a collection of some of the most beautiful fabrics known to us quilters. 🙂 Can’t wait to see what they might look like in this quilt! Thank you again for the freebies and all of your hard work! Merry Christmas to you and yours ♥

35. December 13, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I am voting for setting #2. It just speaks to me–but they all look really good!

• 39 Ruth Christensen
      December 13, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Thank you for doing this stitch along! I am new to your blog and have enjoyed making blocks 1 through 20 and am excited to finish. I never would have tried some of these blocks on such a small scale but they all turned out well. I will have a hard time choosing a setting. I like them all! Thanks again and have a lovely Christmas:)

36. 40 Sandy Wilcox
    December 13, 2016 at 6:02 pm

These are wonderful. Lisa, you are so generous with your time and talents. So glad that you are recovering nicely.
    I’m doing the country blocks; for them I prefer setting #2′ but I almost want to make the another set of red/white and use setting #1. That looks like the perfect Christmas quilt!

37. December 13, 2016 at 6:37 pm

They are all wonderful. My favorite is 3. Thank you for all your hard work in making this happen.

38. 42 Bernice
    December 13, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Number 2 just sparkles–love it. Thank you for another great project.

39. 43 kshackabq
    December 13, 2016 at 7:44 pm

These are fabulous settings. I think I’m partial to the prairie points. Not sure why though. Thank you, Lisa, for these patterns, and all your lovely work! And especially for all you share and how you encourage us to keep quilting and challenging ourselves. You are the best!

40. 44 Denise
    December 13, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Beautiful work everyone

41. 46 Vicki Sprain
    December 13, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Even though I haven’t begun making any of the blocks yet, I know I will be using setting #! for my quilt! Thank you for such a beautiful quilt pattern!!

42. 47 Heather
    December 13, 2016 at 8:08 pm

So excited that my blocks were chosen as one of your winners. I just loved making them. I think I will be combining the border from setting one with setting 3’s layout. And then adding another change of my own. I look forward to completing the top soon. Thanks so much for the great patterns.

43. 48 Caren Barber
    December 13, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Love setting 3 Country Version – it’s comfy!!!!

44. 49 Judyk
    December 13, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Setting 2 for me. Thanks for the gift of your time and talents. You are appreciated.

45. 50 Mary D.
    December 13, 2016 at 10:43 pm

They are all beautiful, but number one is my favorite. Thanks for all you do. You are very appreciated and admired!

46. 51 Delorme Chantal
    December 14, 2016 at 12:59 am

Hello Lisa, I have done the first 3 squares, got mad with these tiny pieces and then saw you recommend to use your half square triangle paper templates to paper piece the whole Iot. I would like to order the quantity necessary for the 24 squares of magic of christmas but how do they work? Is there a standard measure to use and then do you need to trim them to get the right size? And how to get the finished size of the square? I am sorry I can’t come to your place. I have a shop in Milan, Italy….. quite far away. Waiting for your answer. How long would it take to get your parcel here? Many thanks.

47. 52 Shelley
    December 14, 2016 at 7:43 am

I’ll be using version 3, except instead of half square triangles along the outside, I’m using Prairie Points. I’m afraid I can’t face another half square triangle! But I need to get cracking as I need to have it assembled, quilted and ready for binding by Friday noon!

48. December 14, 2016 at 8:21 am

are the star patterns still available? when I bring it up 1-4 show then when I click it says error 404, I Love all of them and the finishing options are awesome

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

49. 54 Laurie Shain
    December 14, 2016 at 8:24 am

I like #1…it will look wonderful in my cabin all year long. Thank you for all the little things I learned as I worked on these blocks. It’s THERAPY!! What a lovely Christmas gift.

50. December 14, 2016 at 9:31 am

These are all lovely settings. Thank you, Lisa, for a beautiful quilt!. Merry Christmas!

51. 56 kade
    December 14, 2016 at 9:40 am

I love #3. It’s simplicity is stunning, and I can picture all that open space filled with beautiful quilting. Thank you for conducting this sew along. I learned so much and enjoyed making all of the blocks.

52. 57 Tasker, Pamela
    December 14, 2016 at 9:45 am

53. 58 Maria Zook
    December 14, 2016 at 10:21 am

My favorite is setting #2. I will finish my version in the red -tan scrappy version. It would also be great done all scrappy in a variety of repro fabrics. Thanks for this sew-along. I love it!!

54. 59 carol l.
    December 14, 2016 at 11:45 am

Thanks so much for the free patterns, appreciated all your hard work to make this possible. I printed off setting no. 2, have 6 more blocks to make. Merry Christmas.

55. 60 LJ
    December 14, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I can not lie. It’s impossible to make up my mind. Each of the settings are great – even from the regular to the Country they look different. Thanks for these wonderful blocks and the wonderful setting instructions. Merry Christmas – may this be the best ever.

56. December 14, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I’m trying to decide between number one and three…..I like the light backgrounds. What a terrific pattern….thanks so much. I am a huge fan and have many of your projects/kits in progress. Merry Christmas and thanks for the gift.

57. December 16, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Thanks, Lisa. They’re all beautiful. It’ll be hard to decide which to choose. Merry Christmas!

58. 63 Barb Onken
    December 18, 2016 at 9:41 am

Thank you so much for doing this quilt. I love all the blocks and I love the country and city version. I haven’t started yet and can’t decide which way to make it. Such fun decisions to make. Thanks again!

59. December 19, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Thank you so much for this, Lisa!!

60. 65 Debbie-do
    December 28, 2016 at 7:03 am

I received my prize yesterday! Thank you so much. Now that Christmas is in the rear view mirror I might be able to work on putting the blocks together this weekend! Happy New Year, Lisa.

61. 66 Cherryl