Day 8 Needful Things…

12-days-of-xmas-ornaments-8

DAY 8-STEAM-A-SEAM 2 LIGHT

img_9164

I know this is a busy weekend…so this post will be short and sweet…

The new and improved Steam-A-Seam2 LITE..

This is my go to fusible web for wool appliqué…for one main reason…You cannot over heat this fusible…I use tons of heat and steam when using it and it sticks to my background like its supposed to… I know when it is first laid down the fusible may be a little “gunky” but leave it sit out and rest a bit and it will a lot better than if you just fuse it down and start stitching…what I mean by “gunky” is the needle gets a little sticky residue on it..which can easily be removed by a little alcohol pad, a piece of wool or your emery…if you can’t wait a day or so to stitch…

Couple of Hints…

Trace all the pieced close together that share the same piece of wool…cut them out as a group instead of individually…this saves so much time.  Also…say your doing 100 flowers…place the wool on the fusible…trace a box on the fusible the same size as the wool.  Start tracing your flowers in this shape and you will get all 100 of them on it and then just rough cut about an 1/8″ away from the outer flowers, remove the backing paper and place the fusible on the wool…iron WITHOUT STEAM.  Then cut out the flower shapes on the lines and then remove the backing paper and place flowers on background…iron with lots of STEAM in an up and down motion…always keeping the iron moving!!!

The tacky-ness of the fusible web makes it a dream for laying out your stems/vines and appliqué shapes…you also do not have to cut your vines on the diagonal as wool bends nicely as is…once in place you steam as stated earlier…

The new papers have a yellow grid on them…nice for when you need to be on a straight line and they are easily ignored if you do not need them…they used to be blue…

So this is just a few things about the SAS2Lite that I love…it’s a busy day…so We have the 5 page packs of it on sale for $4…if you order 5 we bring it down to $18.75…like getting 1 and a half free!…So stock up if you need to! We have both the light and regular on sale…I know some of you use the regular and not the lite.

Here is my tree skirt I finally finished yesterday…I blew it up from the tablemat/small tree skirt pattern in new Christmas Gatherings book...and made one, it measure 44″…I LOVE IT!  Great inspiration to trim the tree and put it under!!!img_9158 img_9159 img_9160 img_9163img_9166

I probably should have taken this at night…it was much prettier..this is part of the pub/theater room in the new house…I just plunked it right in the middle…

So we will pick 5 winners to receive a pack of SAS2lite…Your comment will be on…Do you have snow on the ground where you will be celebrating Christmas?…Tell me where…lets see where we are all from…I know someone from England won a prize yesterday???

Yesterday Tape measure winners!!!

Janet Larsen
December 16, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Both tape measures are great but the 120 inch one is a must have! I have put my borders on both ways but Suzy Peterson taught me the correct way to measure for borders. She was a great teacher and friend and one who brought joy to classes or shopping at the store. Her quilting knowledge and color coordination was superb! After being with her, one always felt a better person! Janet Kay

Margret Berg
December 16, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Love it when you give tips to help us Quilter’s. we can always use a reminder of the right way to do things and of course I have had wavy borders, but not for awhile. Thanks for all your good advise

Dawn
December 16, 2016 at 11:32 am
My sister in law taught me just about everything. Except we started at all the very hard stuff. She always said “you can do it”. She is the most generous person I know. All her sewing stuff is yours to use. Fabric, lace, trim. I mean everything. She even takes women to her cabin in upper michigan for a sewing stitch n bitch and pretty much spends the whole time helping. I pretty much owe my addiction to her! Lol

You Ladies have until 12-31-16 to claim your prize! Congrats!

238 Responses to “Day 8 Needful Things…”

1. 1 MaryAnn Bernshock Jalbert
    December 17, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Greetings from Alaska! It’s a white Christmas here, but with barely a ground cover of snow …..it’s raining now. We are hoping that it doesn’t all melt. Love steam a seam 2 lite!

2. 2 kshackabq
    December 17, 2016 at 2:16 pm

We have a dusting of fresh snow on the ground here in east Albuquerque! Nothing, though, like you have in the mid-west or eastern US. Your tree skirt is fabulous!

3. 3 Cindy Spearman
    December 17, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I’m in St Peters, Missouri No snow on the ground yet, but we are suppose to get an inch later tonight. We had an ice storm yesterday, and more freezing precip now

4. 4 Debby
    December 17, 2016 at 2:20 pm

We have plenty of snow here in Huntertown, Indiana, although today we’re getting freezing rain. Hope there’s still some snow on the ground for Christmas, but it’s actually supposed to get warmer right before. I’d like to try some Steam a seam. Merry Christmas!

5. 5 marie
    December 17, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Plenty of snow here in Oshkosh WI

6. 6 mary Cortez
    December 17, 2016 at 2:23 pm

No snow here in Texas. Supposed to get cold though

7. 7 Glenna D.
    December 17, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Cold but no snow in Austin Texas. Seldom have any, but occasionally enough to let the kids out of school to build snowmen. Thanks for your SteamASeam2 lite tips, I will now feel comfortable trying it.

December 17, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Lots of snow, coming down as I type this here in Maine. I was lucky enough to be in your class this summer at the Maine Quilt Show and got to see that beautiful tree skirt while you were working on it. The red wool is absolutely gorgeous and the finished product is stunning!!

9. 9 Deborah Thomas
    December 17, 2016 at 2:25 pm

No snow here in Southern California. Rain yesterday (much needed) but sun is out now and its beautiful.

10. 10 Sylvia miller
    December 17, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Used this product at the retreat. It was awesome. Christmas Day in Texas with no snow. Leave the day after for Colorado with lots of snow

11. 11 Karen Seitz
    December 17, 2016 at 2:26 pm

There will definitely be snow where I am spending Christmas — Jackson, WY. My mom lives there. We have snow here in Ohio right now, but warmer temps and drizzly rain are getting rid of it slowly today.

12. 12 Karen McMahon
    December 17, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I am from Upstate New York, Syracuse to be exact and we have quite a bit of snow, at least a foot.

13. 13 Fran B
    December 17, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Hello from Palmdale, California…no snow here but we do sometimes get a small dusting about every 8 years or so. I fell in love with wool appliqué when I walked into your booth at Road to California about 6 years ago. I’ve tried other fusible but non stic like steam a seam 2.

14. 14 Sue Huettl
    December 17, 2016 at 2:27 pm

We have plenty of snow, just like you Lisa. I live just down the road in Appleton, WI. At a matter of fact, it is snowing right next w as I sew.

15. 15 Phyllis Limiero
    December 17, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Snow on the ground and 8 degrees after waking up at 0 degrees. Ah, winter in Colorado!! Yes, I do use Steam a Seam for all of my fusible. Love it!

16. 16 wendy held
    December 17, 2016 at 2:29 pm

No snow here in San Diego!!! Bright and sunny today and about 65 degrees.

17. 17 Marianne Stana
    December 17, 2016 at 2:29 pm

I am from Fairfax, Virginia. We will most likely not have snow, but I loved it as a kid growing up in Ohio and Buffalo!

Thanks for your tips, Lisa! Hoping that you are feeling better and regaining your strength each day.

18. 18 Lori Morton
    December 17, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Right now we have some snow & icey rain going on,,,Brrrry too! I live in Ohio 🙂 Lil’ warmer now, so rain, but snow due again tomorrow…

Thank you for chance to win your Give-a-way too! 🙂

19. 19 Susan P
    December 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm

We got ice last night – no snow yet. I am done buying and wrapping my presents!! Yeah!! Now onto planning out food for Christmas weekend!

20. 20 Ellen R
    December 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Well..here in Southern California we have to choose snow by driving to a mountain which I try to do monthly in winter! Enjoy your white Christmas!

21. 21 Kris Dauth
    December 17, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Yes, there is snow where we will be celebrating Christmas this year – La Porte City, Iowa. Love your new Christmas tree skirt. I haven’t tried the new Steam-a-seam Lite yet. I’ll need to get my order in for some while it’s on sale. Stay warm!

22. December 17, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Sadly no snow in Alabama! I do love the white stuff!

23. 23 Ginger Jackson
    December 17, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Snow for Christmas would be wonderful! Doesn’t appear that it will happen this year though, snow is not a regular thing in the Hill Country of Texas! In January and February is the usual time for a bit sleet, but snow is a no show! Merry Christmas, Lisa, and to your family also!

24. 24 Carol S
    December 17, 2016 at 2:37 pm

We have enough snow now to last us all winter I am from Marshfield Wisconsin

25. 25 Donna Watson
    December 17, 2016 at 2:39 pm

We have a little snow on the ground now in Tipp City OH but it is now raining and melting it. Tomorrow it’s going to be below freezing so we’ll probably have lots of ice!

26. 26 Janet huelskamp
    December 17, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I’m in Kansas!!! It’s my birthday !!! 6 degrees out with wind chill of minus 15…..snowing!!!! Jmh

27. 27 shirley
    December 17, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Snow wind and cold this weekend, a great day for sewing, only I am painting ha-ha on me

28. 28 Barbara P.
    December 17, 2016 at 2:40 pm

We do not have snow here in Cypress, TX. Rarely do we get snow. It is getting very cold tonight though.

29. 29 Annie B
    December 17, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Hi Lisa, Merry Christmas! We will be here at home in Port St. Lucie, FL to celebrate Christmas. I can only dream about snow. It’s about 85 degrees today. No snow in sight. There hasn’t been snow this far south since 1989, before I got here. Maybe next year we’ll get up to Schofield, WI to visit family and have a white Christmas=:)

30. 30 mary h
    December 17, 2016 at 2:42 pm

a few inches of snow on the ground and it is just starting into a blizzard with a bitter cold wind- here in Northeast Iowa. Good day to tuck in and make soup and sew, right? And or read a book and watch it snow!

31. 31 Pat Braun
    December 17, 2016 at 2:44 pm

We have snow! And it is so beautiful! I live in Cranbrook, BC, in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.

December 17, 2016 at 2:44 pm

No snow here in San Diego. We had s great rain storm yesterday but today is bright blue skies and crisp air. Not complaining!!☀️

33. 33 Judy Snider
    December 17, 2016 at 2:46 pm

No snow but have tornado warning out till 8PM. It’s 73 degrees and expected to have thunderstorms tonight and possibly 1/4 inch of ice by morning. Never know what the weather will be in northwest Tennessee.

34. 34 Rosemary Redhead
    December 17, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Snow, snow, snow … the snow is everywhere and more to come! For sure we will have a white Christmas in Grand Bend, Ontario. Lisa, you introduced the Huron Woods Quilters to Steam A Seam Lite 2 and we all love it and we all use it!! I so look forward to your 12 Days of Christmas. All year long fellow quilters say where did you get that gadget or that tool and I say – Lisa’s 12 Days of Christmas. Merry Christmas and thank you, thank you, thank you!!

35. 35 Shari C.
    December 17, 2016 at 2:47 pm

No snow here in Georgia!

36. 36 Marie Eddins
    December 17, 2016 at 2:49 pm

No we don’t expect any snow here in Austin, Texas, but I still ‘wax nostalgic’ on my Kentucky childhood where we had our share of snowy Christmases!

37. 37 Sandy G
    December 17, 2016 at 2:50 pm

We have plenty of snow her in Fargo, ND. Really cold this weekend, but the sun shining so it’s beautiful. Good time to stay home and sew.

38. 38 Pam Hintze
    December 17, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Sewing in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and watching the beautiful snow fall.

39. 39 Nancy Koch
    December 17, 2016 at 2:50 pm

I love the new steam a seam lite. I used it on the primitive garden wool quilt that I finished. Earlier this year. I live in Arizona no snow here but we are having high winds and rain.

40. 40 Diane
    December 17, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I willbe celebrating Christmas with my daughter in Atlanta (after driving from North Carolina) and then we five will meet up with my son and his family on the 26th for a Disney cruise. My hubby and I were planning on taking the family on this for our 50th anniversary but then he passed away last year — I know he’d want us to go as a family anyway — so off we go. We will still celebrate our long and happy marriage. So – no snow in NC, GA or FL — hoping my son in VA gets no snow too!!! Love the Steam a Seam Lite on all you wool projects – it’s my go-to also!!!

41. 41 birdlooker
    December 17, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Sunny and cool in South Carolina. I hope it stays this way!

42. 42 Mary Colley
    December 17, 2016 at 2:54 pm

We will celebrate in Georgia where we are still having fairly warm weather. Do not expect any snow.
    I love steam-a-seam fusible. Thanks for introducing me to it.

43. 43 Kim James
    December 17, 2016 at 2:54 pm

I’ll be celebrating this Christmas in beautiful, sunny Lakewood, California! No snow-ever, but we do get to see the snow at my brothers home during our Christmas face time chat in Virginia City, Nevada! I know…not quite the same! Lol

44. 44 Pat Creehan
    December 17, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I will be in Raleigh NC so hopefully no snow. I have been going there for most Christmas’ for probably 30 years. We have had a couple of Christmas snows. It usually melts by the next day

45. 45 Sharron
    December 17, 2016 at 2:59 pm

Right now it is snowing great huge flakes. It is so peaceful looking. But, at Christmas we are going to a more sunny destination to visit our daughter and granddaughter. They don’t know we’re coming. It will be such a great surprise when we knock on the door Christmas Eve. So much fun!!!

46. 46 Leigh Ann
    December 17, 2016 at 3:01 pm

I live in Michigan and we got another 4-6″ last night!! 😞😞 It’s pretty at first but when you have to drive in it I hate it and then it’s dirty!! Could be worse ice is worst!!

47. 47 Karin Pavlovsky
    December 17, 2016 at 3:03 pm

no snow and probably won’t have any as I live in sunny Hemet, CA, I get cold when it is 70 degrees so this is the place for me. I always say I was so glad my Swedish grandparents came to Ca. instead of Minnesota as I would be a popsicle

48. 48 John Scibran
    December 17, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Just got 6″ of snow this morning. Hopefully, it will stay for Christmas (we are supposed to get rain tomorrow, so I hope it doesn’t all melt). Christmas is here in Belmont, NH.

49. December 17, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I live in southern Illinois, so we can have a sunny bright day and then turn to snow by afternoon/evening. One never knows.

50. December 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm

No snow on the ground here in western WA, but we did have a few little flurries this AM and it is cold. Brrr! I love SAS! Thanks for the tips on tracing multiples~ I never thought about making a box the size of my wool piece- perfect!

51. December 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm

We have snow here in Lethbridge, Alberta and it is really cold the last couple of weeks. We were spoiled as last winter we didn’t have snow at Christmas time and very little after. Nice to hear that they are bringing out a different SASL2. I really like the ability to move it around.

52. 52 Ruth Ann
    December 17, 2016 at 3:09 pm

No snow here in San Antonio, TX. Its almost 80 right now. I just told my husband I wanted to turn on the AC! But tts supposed to be in the 30’s tonight, so I am holding out.

53. 53 Nancy Yardley
    December 17, 2016 at 3:11 pm

It’s not snowing here but it has finally cooled off; especially at night. I would like to see a little snow-its a novelty here.

54. 54 Linda B
    December 17, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Lots of lake effect snow here in Cleveland, Ohio!

55. 55 Denise Cabral
    December 17, 2016 at 3:13 pm

I live in the mountains between Paso Robles, Ca and the coast at a lake. We don’t get snow but it feels like we could. Last night it was in the high 20’s.

56. 56 Vicki Sprain
    December 17, 2016 at 3:13 pm

I live in Surprise, AZ, a suburb of Phoenix, AZ! As I type this, I am in shorts and tank top because there is no snow here and it is currently beautiful in the 60s! Ever since I married 27 years ago and moved here from Fremont, WI, just down the road from you, I have seen it snow exactly 2 times here. Do I miss the snow-no, not me! Love the sun and staying warm year round! Merry Christmas!

57. 57 kris perez
    December 17, 2016 at 3:14 pm

No snow yet in St. Louis but it’s coming our way this afternoon. We’ll be in Dallas on Christmas day where my brother in-law just posted that it’s 70 degrees.

58. 58 Beth T.
    December 17, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Still some snow here in NW Oregon, with more predicted and temps in the upper 20’s so nothing is melting yet.

59. 59 Peggy
    December 17, 2016 at 3:15 pm

A lot of snow.

60. 60 Amy McCaulley
    December 17, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Chances of snow are very slim. I live in Monroe, Georgia outside of Atlanta. Moved from IL almost four years ago. Miss those snow days when I could stitch all day. Love this product.

61. 61 Helen G
    December 17, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Supposed to be 72 here today and it’s 83!! whew! so crazy….so I would hazard a guess and say probably no snow here on the ground or anywhere. It would be really fun to have a white Christmas sometime in south Georgia. We will probably be able to take a nice long walk that day and enjoy the sunshine! Thanks for the giveaway.

62. 62 timbersmith63
    December 17, 2016 at 3:18 pm

No, down here in GA, we don’t have snow, and probably won’t although we would love it!! We try to take our children to see some once a year so that they have a little experience with snow!!! We would love a white Christmas!!

63. 63 donnalevesque
    December 17, 2016 at 3:18 pm

No snow here in so California. Just chilly

64. 64 Pam Knight
    December 17, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Here in Michigan we have about 10 inches on the ground. The temps have been below freezing! Heat wave today it is 26 degrees out. Looks like we will have a white Christmas as there is more snow in the forecast for next week. Love to use SSL2 thanks to taking one of your applique classes! 🙂

65. 65 Wendy P
    December 17, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I’m in Victoria, BC – where it is pathetically trying to snow – with just a dusting on the ground.

66. 66 Patsy Weber
    December 17, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Greetings from NW Iowa! We just received a
    fresh new 5 inches of snow last night and are bracing ourself for record cold temperatures
    tonight of 29 below zero and up to 50 below wind chill! 💨 burrrrrr! I plan to stay close to the fire!
    We will spend Xmas with my sister and family!

67. 67 Trudy Bakrer
    December 17, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I am in Kansas and the current temperature is 6 degrees and it is snowing heavily. Whether or not it will be here on Christmas Day is anybody’s guess! I use Steam a seam lite a lot and really like it too.

68. 68 marie
    December 17, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I love Steam/seam Lite 2–I use it on all my wool projects–which are many. I disliked the blue lines, so hopefully the new yellow will be a great improvement. We have snow/ice on the ground in Salem, OR and in the 20’s, but will warm up on Monday to 40’s so likely we will have no snow for Christmas.

69. 69 Alice
    December 17, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Love SASL2! No snow in Phoenix, AZ. Your tree skirt is lovely!

70. 70 Michelle
    December 17, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Hi from Chicago, Illinois waiting for another snow storm. Love using SSL. When you taught our group to use it you said steam, steam and more steam! It really sticks. Merry Christmas.

71. 71 Colleen
    December 17, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Snow? For sure, I’m sick of snow already and it’s only mid December……..lol. Suppose to be 12C tomorrow, so hopefully it melts.

72. 72 Ina S
    December 17, 2016 at 3:29 pm

I have never experienced a white Christmas and this year appears to be no different. I am originally from Texas and now live in the triangle area of North Carolina:; at least the weather is cooler.

73. 73 Donna Durall
    December 17, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Yes, we will have a white Christmas where I live in NE Washington State. It snowed several days ago but have had such cold days, won’t melt. Woke up to 2 degrees this morning. Love SAS lite! Was so sad when they stopped making it a few years ago because it has always been my go to fusible. But we are back at it now.

74. 74 annita
    December 17, 2016 at 3:35 pm

SNOW! and lots of it, with more on the way, Decorah, Iowa. I have not used the SAS lite or regular. My New Year’s resolution is to try new/improved techniques within my quilting endeavors. Tree looks amazing in the center of the room and can be enjoyed from every angle.

75. 75 Jody Randall
    December 17, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I’m in central Ohio, we have snow but it’s been freezing rain all day and foggy! Has been a perfect day to hole up in my room sewing. 🙂 snow may be gone by Christmas though. Love SAS light, was frustrated when it went away for awhile.

76. 76 Julie Scott
    December 17, 2016 at 3:36 pm

No snow for us in the San Joaquin Valley of California. But it’s cold!!

77. 77 Nicole Mays
    December 17, 2016 at 3:37 pm

It was cold enough for earmuffs here in Sacramento, CA, earlier this morning, but no snow and none predicted for Christmas. Love steam-a-seam 2.

78. 78 Barbara Whitehead
    December 17, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Yes, we have 6 inches of snow in central Maine. Unfortunately they are calling for rain tomorrow so it will probably be gone by Christmas

79. 79 Kathleen
    December 17, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I am enjoying the Winter in sunny Mesa, AZ! No snow here!

80. 80 Bonnie Larson
    December 17, 2016 at 3:40 pm

I love your 12 days of Christmas, Lisa. We have snow here in Saskatchewan. It doesn’t happen very often where we have a brown Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing

81. 81 Cheryl Keown
    December 17, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Look forward to your 12 days of Christmas. Today we have a thin layer of ice and just a small dusting of snow in central Illinois.

82. 82 Sheila Snyder
    December 17, 2016 at 3:44 pm

Here in Michigan we have about 9″. It’s a really beautiful time of year-hopefully it will last until after Christmas. Nothing says Christmas more then a little snow on the ground! 🙂 AND thank you for showing the Steam Lite 2. I am working on a big wool project and it likes like that product would help immensely with my appliqued quilt.

December 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm

We have snow here in Littleton Co (suburb of Denver). My husband recently had shoulder surgery and can’t shovel so it was my job this morning. Thank goodness I have a nice neighbor who helped me with his snowblower. I always have trouble with buying some appliqué sheets here in CO because they would always separate because of the dry climate. Anxious to try your SSLite

84. 84 Ma
    December 17, 2016 at 3:48 pm

We definitely have snow in central Upper Peninsula of Michigan – also very, very cold temperatures.

85. 85 Ann P.
    December 17, 2016 at 3:50 pm

We have snow on the ground and it is snowing right now. Beautiful outside. We will be celebrating here in Potosi, WI so we should be able to go sledding.

86. December 17, 2016 at 3:50 pm

We have had snow or a couple of weeks. It is beautiful this time of year in Spokane, Washington!

87. 87 Sandy K
    December 17, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Yes, we will have snow for Christmas here in Minnesota.

88. 88 Vicki H
    December 17, 2016 at 3:52 pm

It’s snowing and blowing right now in south central Kansas. I am sure that it will be gone by Christmas.

89. 89 Lisa Angel
    December 17, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Love PG n LB. No snow in Madison, NC or Myrtle Beach, SC and none predicted. Splitting my time between the two. Hope u n yours have a very Merry Christmas.

90. 90 sandra weimer
    December 17, 2016 at 3:53 pm

We have about 12″ here. It was -30 this morning, brrr! From Columbus, Montana

91. 91 Gretchen Greiner
    December 17, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Elko, NV – we got about 4 munches of snow Monday but then we got a couple of days with temps in the 40s and rain so most of it is gone now. The forecast is for more snow at the end of the week. I’m rooting for a white Christmas! Merry Christmas to everyone!

92. December 17, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I love the steam-a-seam 2 lite. It is so easy to work with! We do not have snow here in Fountain Valley, California. We are right next to Huntington Beach aka Surf City USA. Our high today is 59 degrees, which is very cold for us.

93. 93 Gina
    December 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Greetings from the Naples, Fl area where it’s in the 80’s and there won’t be any snow. Steam a Seam 2 lite is my go based on your sage advice. I like it so much better than the other options out there.

94. 94 Linda Davis
    December 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I live in NY near Lake Ontario. We often times miss the great snow that you hear of in Buffalo but last night received about 4″. So today it is starting to rain! So I just came inside from building my snowman.

95. 95 Sandra Weiss
    December 17, 2016 at 3:59 pm

NO SNOW HERE! I am wintering in sunny Tucson, Arizona. I love Christmas, and decorate here just like I would if I were home in Illinois. We don’t need snow to be merry.

96. 96 Linda K
    December 17, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Heading from Georgia to Pennsylvania for Christmas with family and I hope there will be a little snow there. I miss it here in the south. Started using S a S Lite after taking your class several years ago and it’s my favorite for sure. ( hard to find locally)

97. 97 Barbara Marshall
    December 17, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I love SASII lite. I buy it by the yards for appliqué on wool and cotton, and I use it up fast. I have been using it was quit a few years, and I have used it in the printer to save time.

98. 98 Cherie
    December 17, 2016 at 4:01 pm

No snow predicted for Christmas here in North Texas but temperatures are quickly dropping this afternoon. I finished last minute shopping at 1:30 p.m. When I got home it was 71 degrees and now at 4:00 p.m. it’s 42, with expected low in the 20’s. I haven’t tried Steam a Seam as my local quilt doesn’t carry it but I’m going to try it!

99. 99 Linda M
    December 17, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Yes! We have snow here on the ground in northern Illinois–Rockton to be exact. And our little ones and big ones will all be here Christmas Day! Yay!

100. 100 Tonya Hartnell
    December 17, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Lots of snow in Racine, WI!

101. 101 Carol Thomas
    December 17, 2016 at 4:04 pm

We’ll be at the beach, Hermosa Beach, on Christmas Day but are heading up to Big Bear Lake, CA the morning after. We are up at the cabin now and it snowed last night. The boys are skiing but I am…stitching, of course!!

102. December 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Clifton Park, NY (near Albany) – we have about 4 inches on the ground. It snowed this morning and was supposed to turn to rain, but it never warmed up enough to rain. We haven’t had a white Christmas in a few years, so I hope the snow can hang on for another week. Last year it was so warm here we didn’t need coats to go to church on Christmas Eve and my husband wore his short sleeved Santa Hawaiian shirt on Christmas Day.

103. 103 Kathy Ashley
    December 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Texas – no snow BUT it is 80 degrees here today and in the morning it is supposed to be 29 with feels like 18. How do you dress for that??!!

104. 104 Sue H
    December 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I live in Southern Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, MO. There is no snow on the ground, which is not unusual for us. However, we are currently working on an ice storm with the potential of an inch or so. Perfect sewing weather!

105. 105 Linda Slauson
    December 17, 2016 at 4:08 pm

I live in central NY where we are famous or maybe infamous for our snow. It was frigid cold, blizzard conditions two days ago. This morning was got several more inches. Even if it does not snow again, there will still be enough snow for a white Christmas.

106. 106 Sally Hurst
    December 17, 2016 at 4:11 pm

No snow on the ground here in Southern California, but we did get some welcome rain this week. Where I live, close to the foothills we have had snow occasionally when it gets cold enough, but it melts quickly.

107. December 17, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Hi Lisa. Love the Angel Tree Skirt! One of the Peachtree City, GA gang and no snow on the ground. Spending Christmas in Norfolk, VA with our Sailor Beauty. Might get a dusting there. Keep warm. Merry Christmas!

108. 108 Sue
    December 17, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Lots of snow here in Marinette. It is a great snowy and cold weekend to stay in and finish my Ole St. Nick wool pictures I picked up during your Christmas open house a few weeks agp. I am making four of them for gifts. Of course one is for me. Always happy to see a White Christmas as we leave right after Christmas for sunny Florida for the winter. I am going to introduce my quilt group in Florida to quilting with wool. I love it.

109. 109 Natalie Rogers
    December 17, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Yes, storm has been here all day, probably got 6″ and still snowing, way out in the country, some small towns don’t plow right away, so it’s a challenge to get around. Supposed to be rain tomorrow that will turn all this into ice. It’s not going to be good to get to church in the morning. Did get some much needed shopping finished, so I am very glad. Im in central Maine. Your tree looks tall like ours. It’s 15 ft and really pretty and hard to decorate for sure.

110. 110 ChrisI
    December 17, 2016 at 4:21 pm

I live in Sheboygan, WI and we got about 7 inches of snow so far today and are expecting a few more before it stops tonight. Then the very cold and windy weather with wind chills of -20 are expected. Don’t know about more before Christmas, but what we have already will certainly make our Christmas white.! I haven’t tried Steam a Seam but want to try it. Being new to wool applique, I have been given different ways to hold pieces in place from stapling to pinning to heat and bond to glueing. The Steam a Seam sounds worth a try as I haven’t had much luck with some of the other methods!

111. 111 Jackie
    December 17, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Well I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and yesterday the temps were in the 20’s, freezing rain overnight and today is in the 59’s and tomorrow will be back below freezing. So I would say it is anybody’s guess whether we will have snow here or not!!!!

112. December 17, 2016 at 4:26 pm

I’m in Minnesota, and we have been getting snow almost everyday this week. It’s going to be a white Christmas for sure!

113. 113 marcia connor
    December 17, 2016 at 4:27 pm

We are in Santa Fe for Christmas . there is snow, but only a dusting so far. We actually live in Jackson Hole, WY. they received 24 inches in the last few days—-definitely Christmas weather!

114. 114 Tricia Hoffmann
    December 17, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Where we used to live, In Rochester, NY, there is plenty of snow on the ground. My granddaughters were out playing in it today. Here in Little River, SC, near the beach, it’s 64 degrees and Christmas Day will be warm and sunny! It’s harder to feel like Christmas, but my arthritis doesn’t mind. Love your Christmas tree – so pretty!

115. 115 LJ
    December 17, 2016 at 4:38 pm

We are having the most wonderful snow today (and tomorrow). It’s light and fluffy and spectacular. Here in eastern Iowa we are only supposed to receive 1-3 inches; I’m glad we’re not living further north where the snow accumulation is going to be really heavy. Our family had our celebration last weekend. We had a bit of snow but not this much; that made travel better which is always a concern. I have not worked with wool, yet, but your posting sure makes me think I should. When I do, I’ll remember that Steam a Seam lite is the perfect fusible to work with. Love the tree skirt and LOVE your high ceiling – what a perfect way to display a gorgeous tree. It must take a huge ladder to decorate. I even have to use a ladder on my 7 foot tree.

116. 116 Terry
    December 17, 2016 at 4:40 pm

I’m from North Carolina. No snow yet. It has been 36 one day and then 74 the next. It does get really cold in January and February. My Mom once told me that if you don’t like the weather, just wait, it will change in a day or two.

117. 117 gijane279-Liz
    December 17, 2016 at 4:41 pm

the only snow I have here is on my “Winter Crazy” table mat, it’s a chilly 60 degrees here in Orange County CA today, ha ha ha! I wish I had some snow, I love snow if I don’t have to drive back and forth to work in it everyday. Your tree is Lovely! You must of needed a ladder to decorate it, I have a lovely lil table top tree. Have a wonderful day

118. 118 Donna Wells
    December 17, 2016 at 4:45 pm

No snow here in Bolivar MO but we do have black ice!! Not good.

119. 119 Katherine Kline
    December 17, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Oh yes, we had ice yesterday and lots of snow today here in central Illinois! Staying cozy by hand stitching a binding down.

120. 120 Mary D.
    December 17, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Here in central Missouri we have a treacherous coating of ice which is being frosted with a light coating of snow. We’re supposed to get 2-3 inches yet today. However, it is supposed to warm up to the 40s by the middle of the week, so it doesn’t look like we’ll have a white Christmas. Darn! I’m glad the ice will be gone, but a nice coating of snow would be so nice!

121. 121 Peggy Voorhees
    December 17, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Snow here in eastern Washington state. Rather have snow than all the rain Seattle area gets. Thanks for your tips for all things wooly(I think that is a made up word)!

122. 122 Sue Sharp
    December 17, 2016 at 4:54 pm

No snow here in east Tennessee, but it’s rainy and dreary. Dreaming of a little sunshine for Christmas….snow would be good too!

123. 123 Sandy
    December 17, 2016 at 4:54 pm

No snow here in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. Would love snow for just one day. Not going to happen so I will just have to pretend!

124. 124 Pam McLellan
    December 17, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I am from just outside Brussels Ontario Canada and we for sure have snow and getting more all the time

125. 125 Maria Zook
    December 17, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Snow here in Shorewood, IL. The cold weather we are experiencing will keep it around for a while and more is predicted for tonight.
    Always appreciate your tips for working with Steam A Steam Lite. I have had varying results, but I didn’t wait to stitch. I will try that.

126. 126 Bonnie
    December 17, 2016 at 4:57 pm

All of your tips for applique are so helpful. Thanks for sharing them. Merry Christmas

127. 127 Judyk
    December 17, 2016 at 4:57 pm

No snow here in southeast Missouri. It has been 60 degrees today, tornado watch and rain. Temps are to start dropping this afternoon with a low of 9 for Sunday morning. Talk about extremes! Love the new steam a seam. I am so glad I found your post about how to fuse wool. It has been a great help.

December 17, 2016 at 5:02 pm

There is snow here in Massachusetts now but no way of knowing if it will be here on Christmas!

129. 129 Deborah K
    December 17, 2016 at 5:06 pm

It is snowing and supposed to snow all night in NW Indiana…It is also very cold and icy out there! Love the new STS with the yellow lines. I find it sticks so much better than the old one.

December 17, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Plenty of snow here on the ground just outside of Belleville, WI!!

131. 131 Nancy Zimmerman
    December 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm

I live in Erie, PA and we have snow on the ground. It has been very bitter cold this past week, and today is warmed to 40 with some rain, which turned the snow to slush!

December 17, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I live in southen CA so no snow here but I am flying to western NY for Christmas so we should have snow.

133. 133 Carol joswick
    December 17, 2016 at 5:23 pm

No snow here in Phoenix….but if I drive 2 hours north there’s snow in Flagstaff…I use SAS2lite in all my wool projects….makes the shapes perfect…Merry Christmas…

134. 134 amy
    December 17, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Hello from NY where we’ve been shoveling snow most of the day!

135. 135 Quilting In The Country
    December 17, 2016 at 5:31 pm

We have snow on the ground in Montana, and today we had recycled snow. That’s when the wind is blowing and the snow that has already been on the ground is kicked back up and blowing all over. I woke up to -26 º below zero with a windchill of -63º, I would love to spend my winters where it is warm. Ranching is not a fun job in the winter that is for sure. Carol Jo crazymtqt@aol.com

136. 136 Vickie Olsen
    December 17, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Can’t do wool very well without it. Makes projects come out great.

137. 137 Jan B
    December 17, 2016 at 5:32 pm

No snow here in TN & I’m very thankful for that! I’m originally from IL & I’ve had enough snow to last the rest of my life. Lol! 🙂

138. 138 Sue knill
    December 17, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Michigan has had one snow storm after another for last two weeks have 15″ on ground today another 6″ tonight and double digit minus temps tomorrow.

139. 139 Lana
    December 17, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Snow and cold in Nebraska -3 below actual temp– it’s sunny and there is beauty in the snow and cold! Steam- A-Seam 2 is the only kind I use!

140. 140 Jean
    December 17, 2016 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE Lite Steam-a-Seam. Use it all the time for my wool applique!!
    I’m in Missouri and right now it looks like winter…cold and snowy/icy. But it has been in the 50’s recently…so you never know!

141. 141 Carol Nichols
    December 17, 2016 at 5:57 pm

It is cold here in Spokane, WA, about 12 degrees this aft. It will be around zero tonight. We have about 6 ” of snow and it looks like we will definitely have a white Christmas! I love Steam a Seam lite. I learned about it from you , I am doing the Somewhere in Time from 2015. I just used a small amt. of another a fusible web that I had in the cupboard on a small project and it was a nightmare! I didn’t want to raid my supply for the Somewhere in Time project! I learned my lesson! Yes, I would love to win this!

142. 142 Marlene Leonardo
    December 17, 2016 at 6:01 pm

I’ll be celebrating at my sister’s house with my family. My sibling and I take turns having the holidays at our houses. So I will be celebrating in Lakewood, California. It’s cold here…cold for us…right now it’s 60F.

143. 143 Beth Esser
    December 17, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Yes, the light is my fave, but for some reason I seem to have all regular. I am using it but I prefer the
    Light. Yes, here in Friendship, WI we were out shoveling and plowing twice today! Nice to have a white Christmas!

144. 144 Pat McMullin
    December 17, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I live in Utah and yesterday as I was baking gingerbread cookies the snow was falling and I couldn’t help but sing “It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas”. With a week until Christmas we could have it either way, more snow or it could all melt, but the mountains are snow covered and beautiful. I agree that Steam a Seam Lite is the only way to go.

145. 145 Lori Breit
    December 17, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Lots of snow here in Elkhart Lake, Wi. I love the tree skirt.

146. 146 Cindy S
    December 17, 2016 at 6:07 pm

We’ve gotten snow all week. Also very cold temperatures. We will be celebrating Christmas Eve in Big Rapids MI and Christmas Day in Cadillac MI. Merry Christmas!

147. December 17, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I have used this product ever since you introduced me to it at the Village Dry Goods retreat in 2013.
    We DON’T have snow on the ground (other than in the surrounding mountains)–that is unreal for northern Utah in December. We have had warm rain for the last few days and now we are in a deep freeze. It is crazy.

148. 148 DEBRA S GOAD
    December 17, 2016 at 6:16 pm

We DO have snow! Good for setting the mood for the season, but when Christmas is done, the snow can go away. I am in southeastern Wisconsin, just about an hour south of Milwaukee.

149. 149 laddnlori
    December 17, 2016 at 6:17 pm

You know I live in Cali so we have palm trees at Christmas instead of snow.

150. 150 Patti
    December 17, 2016 at 6:19 pm

We have about a foot of snow in northern Wisconsin. Steam a seam is my favorite fusible.

151. 151 Carolyn Sands
    December 17, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Nope, no snow. It was 80 degrees and within a few hours, the temp will drop to 41. Tropical plants do not like the cold!

152. 152 Robin
    December 17, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I’m in southern CA about 90 minutes from PG CA. No snow. We’re predicted to be in the 60’s. Cooler than usual. Christmas Day is usually in the mid 70’s.

153. 153 Karren Mitchell
    December 17, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Yes, snow in Colorado with -7 degree temps! Good day to stay in and sew.

154. 154 Ileen
    December 17, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I’m not sure what I like best, the triangle papers or the Steam a Seam II lite. After some time away from quilting I am now ready to dive in to all the great projects. I’m a caretaker to my 81 year old husband and felt I needed to organize and simplify a few things to make life manageable. I downloaded all the 6″ blocks and can hardly wait to begin that. I am patient, but I need the help of these products. Thanks, Lisa for all your tips and inspiration.

December 17, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I am spending Christmas in Milwaukee Wisconsin with all my kids and family. I am from shell lake Wisconsin. Milwaukee is getting snow as I type this. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the lovely patterns you do

156. 156 Marsha B
    December 17, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I don’t have snow on the ground at my house, but it is beautifuly white up on the mountain!

157. 157 Angela Bowling
    December 17, 2016 at 6:50 pm

We will be spending Christmas at home in Louisville KY, home of the Kentucky Derby. At this time we have no snow and are not expecting any for Christmas, which is fine with me. Now that I am retired, I don’t mind the snow too much because I don’t have to drive in it. I do like to have some snow at Christmas but I like it to go away real fast.

158. 158 Kim Fernald
    December 17, 2016 at 6:57 pm

We have surf and sand but no snow here in San Clemente, CA. I do miss the snow days from my childhood in Michigan!

159. 159 Karen Spencer
    December 17, 2016 at 7:07 pm

We have seven inches of snow in Eastern Washington State. 🙂 Last night the thermometer dipped to seven below zero!

160. 160 Sue T.
    December 17, 2016 at 7:13 pm

We have over a foot of snow here in Whitewater, Wisconsin and it’s still coming down! It looks like it will definitely be a white Christmas at my house this year. I host all my siblings and their kids who are able to join us each year. We’ll have 24 at our table and even more family members in our hearts this holiday. Merry Christmas!

161. 161 Cecilia
    December 17, 2016 at 7:21 pm

We live in Florida and will be celebrating here, so we will not be having snow. 😊

162. 162 Pam Grant
    December 17, 2016 at 7:21 pm

No, there probably will not be snow in Walhalla, SC on Christmas Day. I only remember 1 white Christmas in my lifetime.

163. 163 Patty Archuleta
    December 17, 2016 at 7:24 pm

We had snow this morning in the northwest corner of New Mexico. It will be gone by Christmas.

December 17, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Snow and bitterly cold here in Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada

165. 165 lisa kishman
    December 17, 2016 at 7:29 pm

We’re in the lake effect zone of West Michigan, lots of snow here!

166. 166 Caryn Bravos
    December 17, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Snow and bitter cold here in Minnetonka, MN. Should be a white Christmas 🎅🏼🎄☃️

167. 167 Rose Bullen
    December 17, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I am from North Carolina…now. But I am from MICHIGAN and we are headed home to a snowy wonderful Christmas in Rockford. I have been quilting forever or sew it seams but I am a new wooly girl. I love your stuff and have quite a bit. I’ll be learning the crazy quilt table mat from YOU and can hardly wait. Then there is Daurmont…..oh joy!

168. 168 Joan Richards
    December 17, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Here in the suburbs of Detroit we don’t always have a white Christmas. But this year we have about 8″ of snow on the ground. The temperatures look to be staying low and so we will have a very white and beautiful Christmas. Having the snow really enhances the excitement of the coming holy day for me.
    I always have trouble with the gunk on my needle with steam a seam. But I’m going to give it another try with your instructions.

December 17, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Hi Lisa, it snowed 5″ last night in CO. So I was shoveling this morning in 3 degree temps!! My son and I will be flying to Ohio after Christmas to surprise my mom. I can’t wait to see my loved ones, and play with my nieces and nephews. Hugs, Jakey

170. 170 carol
    December 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm

We are having crazy weather in West Virginia. Ice storm this morning. At 4 p.m. the temperature was 61. Tomorrow is going to be 30’s.

171. 171 Terri
    December 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Really!! you can get the gunk off your needle with wool or alcohol pad! Good to know!! Thanks for sharing all your little hints. Got about 7″ of snow here in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and wind chill of -35 below tonight …BRRRR

172. 172 linda melz
    December 17, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Winter weather advisory with ice sleet yesterday and more to come tonight suppose to have 48 hours of nasty
    down to 20 but minus tonight Good time to stay indoors Life in Illinois

December 17, 2016 at 8:04 pm

We were under a Winter Weather Advisory yesterday and only got around 4 inches on top of already 8 inches. Going into the deep cold starting Monday, High 14, Low 4. Burrrrrrrr in Brighton, Michigan

174. 174 Barbara Lotthammer
    December 17, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Going to be 42 below wind chill tomorrow. I guess it would be good to stay in and stitch

175. 175 Delores Wagg
    December 17, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Vancouver Island, BC – and yes we have snow! First in 3 years. We’re supposed to get rain soon, so the snow may be gone by Christmas.

176. 176 Michele Breault
    December 17, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I live in northern Missouri. Snow on the ground and very, very cold. Minus degrees. brrr.

December 17, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I am just up the road from you…….in Green Bay. We have lots of snow. However, stayed inside and got lots of things done for Christmas. Was at your Christmas open house and picked up a wool kit. Will be working on that this winter. Happy Holidays!!

178. 178 Dede
    December 17, 2016 at 8:35 pm

My complete family, 3 households, 7 people trek to tomahawk, some years in some awful weather, but there’s almost always snow. When the kids were small they skated on the lake & sled down the hill. Now, if open, they snowmobile. I love all the small stores decorated for christmas. Best of all, no WiFi, so we’re really together

179. 179 Gloria Galiana
    December 17, 2016 at 8:51 pm

No snow here in Copperas Cove TX. It was 80° today and about 5 pm the cold came barreling through and it is now 31° and feels like 17°. How does one dress for this crazy weather? Rarely get snow but do get the ice. Love using SAS2lite!!!

180. 180 Patty
    December 17, 2016 at 8:51 pm

We got about 4″ today in Colorado. It’s so beautiful. I love a white Christmas.

181. December 17, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Your Christmas tree is wonderful. Your tree skirt is really really lovely too 🙂
    Merry Christmas 🎄

182. 182 Karen Sikes
    December 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm

From Monroe, LA….80 Degrees today suppose to be in the low 30’s tomorrow morning. Wish we would have some snow, but I don’t think it will happen.

183. 183 Pamela Miller
    December 17, 2016 at 9:18 pm

No snow here in South Alabama. It was 74 degrees today and we’ve had the a/c and ceiling fans on all day!

184. December 17, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Texas so we wont have snow. I lived in New York for 35 yes so im still getting used to no snow. Love the tree skirt

185. 185 wantstoberetired
    December 17, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Yes, we have snow in Massachusetts!
    9 inches fell today and it was like a winter wonderland all day. But I spent some time fusing Backyard Gatherings using Steam a Seam! I first learned of this product from Primitive Gatherings!
    I would love to win a package!

186. 186 Kristy
    December 17, 2016 at 9:21 pm

No snow here in Cincinnati, Ohio, however we have had plenty of rain.

187. 187 Dawn
    December 17, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I live in sunny Florida but driving up to Frankenmuth michigan to spend Christmas with my oldest brother and sister in law. She loves primitive gatherings as much as I do. Taking our two 85 lb dogs with us. Hopefully the road will be clear by dec 23. Pray for us. It will be quite an adventure. Lol!

188. 188 Kathryn Casavant
    December 17, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Live in Two Rivers, Wisconsin on the lakeshore and we are still getting snow. We have over 12inches of new snow. So we will have a white Christmas this year.

189. 189 debby421
    December 17, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Snow! Yes! We have received about 18″ in the last week and that is still on the ground after two full days of nothing but rain. I’m in Liberty, Utah!

December 17, 2016 at 9:51 pm

That is the only steam a seam I will use. If I can’t find right away the project has to wait. I’m from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada and yes we have about 12 inches of snow right now.

191. December 17, 2016 at 9:52 pm

That’s a beautiful tree skirt.
    I live on the central coast of California so there’s no snow here. It has been pretty cold for us the last few days and we enjoyed some very much needed rain this week. Merry Christmas!

192. 192 Camille
    December 17, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Our family is gathering in Rochester, MN, for Christmas. I am fairly certain Christmas will be white. This year we have lots of the fluffy white stuff called snow. Last weekend we got 6″ and between yesterday and today another 4-6″ arrived. Bitter cold also swept in this week so we hope that will moderate a bit. Lite Steam a Seam 2 is a wonderful product. What a great prize to offer!

193. 193 Janelle Parker
    December 17, 2016 at 10:00 pm

No snow in Cleburne, Texas, but today it went from 80 degrees at noon to 25 degrees at 10:00 p.m. Yikes!! Love Steam a seam lite 2. I have been buying it from you by the yard … it makes working with wool so much easier.

194. 194 Kris Hebbring
    December 17, 2016 at 10:04 pm

I live in Marshfield, WI but am in Appleton for the weekend and we have snow here. We went cross country skiing for the first time today! Winter is here.

195. 195 Juareen Castillo
    December 17, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Well I leave in Las Vegas, NV so we definitely don’t have snow but it is cold for us.❄️❄️❄️

196. 196 Cathy Weatherford
    December 17, 2016 at 10:24 pm

No snow here in Smith Valley, Nv. But they are saying maybe. Haven’t tried the new steam a seam lite. Finishing what I have. Love love that tree skirt.

197. 197 Wanda Hall
    December 17, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Yes, we have plenty of snow! We are in a nice resort town of Coeur d’ Alene, ID nestled in the mountains , by the lakes and lots of pine trees and wildlife! Since skiing is one of the popular sports here, the snow is needed. I like it for a White Christmas, but then I immediately look forward to Spring! 🙂

198. 198 Cathy C
    December 17, 2016 at 10:54 pm

No snow for Christmas in Fresno, California, We have lived here for over 30 years and it has snowed twice, less than an inch each time. But we have wonderful thick fog. So beautiful if you do not have to drive,

199. 199 Barbara G.
    December 17, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Snow on the ground in North Branford, CT but it is now raining and it will be gone by Sun. night!

200. 200 Bev F
    December 17, 2016 at 11:14 pm

Love using Steam A Seam for my wool appliqué. Thanks for the tips.
    I’m from Michigan and we have about 18 inches of snow on the ground. So we’re having a very white Christmas here!

201. 201 Diane Mehring
    December 17, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Yes , we have snow and it is still coming down in Big Bend. WI. Definitely will be a white Christmas for 2016.

202. 202 Elizabeth Dickey
    December 17, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Thanks for the heat & steam tips ♡

203. 203 Laura Jeanne Jones
    December 18, 2016 at 12:05 am

I live in Conyers, Georgia about 30 miles east of Atlanta. We have no snow and won’t have any for the big day. Our snow, if we have any, is usually after the first of the year.

I love ❤️ using steam a seam. I have used different weights depending on the application.

204. 204 Mary Clemens
    December 18, 2016 at 12:08 am

We’re due south of you in the western suburbs of Chicago, Carol Stream, IL to be specific. We will definitely have snow here as it has snowed the last 3 weekends. The arctic blast is supposed to hit tomorrow and we head up to the Wisconsin Dells area on Monday for a few days of R & R with the kids and grandkids – well maybe not so much R & R with a 4, 2 and 1 year old. LOL! I always enjoy your needful things posts.

205. 205 Donna W
    December 18, 2016 at 12:53 am

Lots and lots of snow in Baraboo, WI. Finally stopped snowing today, but tomorrow it is suppose to be bitterly cold and windy. So all of that snow will be drifting, and my husband will have to be out snow blowing the same snow that he snow blowed today.

206. 206 Robin
    December 18, 2016 at 2:26 am

I live in Minnesota so yes – we have snow – lots of it! And tonight it is -45 degree wind chill! Snow and cold – yep, that’s Minnesota!

207. 207 Lisa Lehmann
    December 18, 2016 at 5:10 am

We have had snow and fresh snow overnight here in Northern Illinois. I have 7 labs, they LOVE the snow. So much fun watching them play outside. Doggie snow angels. Christmas Day is quiet, my children all go off to their in-laws then we get together for a second Christmas in a couple of weeks. I am back to quilting after years of raising children and working, now it’s my time to do the things I enjoy. I have not used Steam a Seam but would like to try it on the appliqués I plan on putting on the border of my Magic of Christmas quilt. Merry Christmas everyone!

208. 208 Emily
    December 18, 2016 at 6:50 am

No snow here in East Texas. Yesterday we had temps of 74 and today it is 24! I have never used Steam a Seam, but would like to try it on some applique. Your tree skirt is beautiful.

209. 209 Jackie
    December 18, 2016 at 7:02 am

Yes we have snow and cold here, I live in Rice, Mn just north of St. Cloud. I love Steam-A-Seam 2, use it all the time. Lisa I know you know Sue from Grubers Quilt shop in Wait Park, Mn. I was just there yesterday. Thanks for the great pricing!

210. 210 Charlene O
    December 18, 2016 at 7:27 am

I live in Queen Creek Arizona. We are in the mid to upper 60’s. I haven’t even needed to put a sweatshirt on yet. Still sewing away with the doors open. Now don’t get too jealous cuz during the summers we are in the 100’s. So I will enjoy this weather while I can:-) I would love to try this fusible.

211. 211 Carol Green
    December 18, 2016 at 7:32 am

Lots of snow in Hinsdale, Illinois and 10 degrees now. I have used SAS Lite for years and it is great!

212. 212 Cynthia Wood
    December 18, 2016 at 7:42 am

No snow here in southeastern Ohio, but it is coming this evening. Love sas2. Have never ventured into wool applique, but I love hand applique and really wish I had someone to teach me how to do a nice looking blanket stitch by hand.

213. 213 Diane Rose
    December 18, 2016 at 7:49 am

Plenty of snow here in New Hope, MN and minus 21 degrees this morning! Good day to stay inside and sew!

214. 214 Carol Deloney
    December 18, 2016 at 7:54 am

No snow here in FL…looks like it will be a beach day on Christmas!

215. 215 sharon
    December 18, 2016 at 8:19 am

Snow yesterday, clearing last night and now bitter cold (-10 ) in NE Colorado. Good day to do some quilting! LOVE Steam-a-Seam 2 lite.

216. December 18, 2016 at 8:19 am

No snow in Austin, TX but it’s really cold for us….27 when I woke up today and the windchill makes it feel like sub-zero!

217. 217 celticcarmen
    December 18, 2016 at 8:21 am

No snow here in Austin, TX but it was 27 when I woke up this morning…that’s cold for us! I’ve been quilting since 5:30 a.m. Looks like today I won’t do my usual walk….sew, sew, sew!

218. 218 Kathleen Brown
    December 18, 2016 at 8:35 am

Oh, yes, Montana has snow on the ground and it’s warming up into the low double digits with more on the way. Our Merry Christmas is sure to be white just like this beautiful new and improved Steam-A-Seam2 LITE! Thanks Lisa!

219. 219 artquiltor
    December 18, 2016 at 8:37 am

220. 220 Carolyn vogel
    December 18, 2016 at 9:18 am

Plenty of snow in Lansing, Iowa with 8″ yesterday, and minus 20 this morning. But loft in our home warms nicely with the sunshine, which is where ill spend my day today.

221. 221 LeAnne K
    December 18, 2016 at 9:32 am

No snow here in California but it does feel “cold” to us. My daughter is in Wyoming and she has been telling us of temperatures below zero! Thank you for the opportunity for this prize. I’ve been looking for a different fusible, as sometimes the one I use does not adhere the wool to my project which gets frustrating.

222. 222 Betsy
    December 18, 2016 at 9:36 am

Rain overnight has melted some of the snow here in Pennsylvania. The cold winds will be blowing back in this afternoon. We are hoping that we will have a little of the white stuff left a week from now for Christmas.

223. 223 Judith Diani
    December 18, 2016 at 9:44 am

Snowing at our home in MI, but enjoying some sun now in NC. Merry Christmas!

December 18, 2016 at 10:03 am

Good morning from Southeastern Ct where it has been raining away the few inches of pretty snow we got yesterday. boo hoo. I went around my chores yesterday singing “It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas”, but not today. Looks like it will be bare brown ground for next weekend. I’m a Wisconsin girl and don’t mind the snow at all… well… just not LOTS. ha

225. 225 Joni Giancola
    December 18, 2016 at 10:13 am

Hello from northern Illinois–near the Wisconsin border–we’ve had snow 3 times now and it’s to be – degrees today with a wind chill, but the sun is shining….

226. 226 sandy Lowery
    December 18, 2016 at 10:15 am

Good morning from British Columbia. WE had a light snowfall overnight which sits on frozen snow from last week. Not used to this cold, but will be nice to have a white Christmas for a change.

227. 227 krismichk9
    December 18, 2016 at 10:24 am

The only snow I’ll see is the snow on your blog ;o) Down in North Louisiana it is rare, but happens sometimes. Love the stitch you used on the wording!

228. 228 Clara
    December 18, 2016 at 11:09 am

In Sequim WA we do not often have a white Christmas. The town is between mountains and the ocean. The snow covered mountains make for a beautiful view at this time of year. Thanks for the hints on using the SAS2 Lite for a wool project. I’m a beginner with stitching wool projects.

229. 229 Lynda H
    December 18, 2016 at 11:31 am

I live in Vancouver – you know, the “other” Vancouver – WA that is….we are in the throes of low temps combined with just enough snow to make everything icy. They say that it should be raining again in a few days so I don’t think we will have a “white” christmas, but maybe a safer one to get around in. I pray for those in the midwest and east who are experiencing such terrible storms.

230. 230 Deborah from H Town (Houston)
    December 18, 2016 at 11:37 am

No snow here in Houston, but still wishing for a White Christmas. I love the Steam a Seam lite. I’ve tried Soft Fuse, but it doesn’t stick to the wool very well, so SAS lite is my go to fusible now. It’s too hard to wait after I iron everything down, but I’ve been patient this time. Watching football today while having a project to work on makes my day, I would love more SAS for more projects.

231. 231 Margaret Mossing
    December 18, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I am from Rochester, MN and oh yes, there is snow on the crowd. Glad it is going to warm up this week. Love your Christmas tree skirt. I plan on doing projects with wool and am going to try the Steam a Seam Lite. Thanks for all of your hints and tricks for using Steam and Seam.

232. 232 Denise Wilcox
    December 18, 2016 at 12:20 pm

I love your emails as they are full of tips and pictures to match. Thanks for all you do from Northern California.

233. 233 Mary Anne
    December 18, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I love your ideas. Big fan! I would like to know how and what you used for your red and white garland on your tree. So nice. I love candy canes and this would look great on my tree. Imitation is the nicest form of flattery. Vodoom4@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPad

234. 234 Katherine K Morvay
    December 18, 2016 at 1:58 pm

We live in the Canaan Valley of West Virginia — 3,500 feet above sea level with two ski resorts that are very close by. It would be wonderful if the weather would cooperate with real snow this year to bolster our economy. We had some snow last week, lots of rain overnight, and now it’s snowing again. Love your tree skirt; may have to purchase your new book. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful tips!

235. 235 Gale Clement
    December 18, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Love Steam a Seam 2 Lite! We live in Chicagoland, but spending Christmas in the south in the Atlanta area. So probably no snow there!

236. 236 Jo Anne Hawks
    December 18, 2016 at 5:09 pm

We have snow on the ground in Salem, Utah. We have a couple of inches, but the nearby mountains have enough to make the skiers happy. I like the Steam-a Seam fusible, but I have difficulty getting rid of the stickiness after fusing.

237. 237 Cathy Rasmussen
    December 18, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Oh yes we have snow in Northern Illinois and tonite it is going to be -15 below. I like the snow but with warmer weaather,is that possible. I also love to use steam a seam it stays put. I do alot of applique and it works the best.

238. December 19, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Merry Christmas from Minnesota … love steam-a-seam. Christmas brunch is what I am planning now. Plus we are going to do take away bingo later on Christmas day. Haven’t done this for years, everyone is looking forward to this. After New year’s, looking forward to some serious projects in the started bins.