Aug

the big day…

I have kind of given you a scrap of info that we are going through something “big” and today is the day…Nick is going to be having “brain” surgery for a 3cm tumor that is attached to the pituitary gland and causing all kinds of issues that we have been trying to figure out for years…so the good news is this…we finally have an answer to his symptoms…and then if you have a tumor, this is the one you want…I don’t want to say they are never cancerous, but very rarely, so we are not dealing with the big C, but it is still a big surgery…

Nick was going through pre-op for back surgery when our GP finally figured out his “real” problem….His features have changed in the last couple of years….He has gotten bigger…his shoe size when from a 12 to 15…this hands are huge, fingers like bratwursts…and so on…he also went from about 220 to 270 and is not any “fatter” just bigger…he is way over producing adrenaline and this also makes him very tired…wore out…has to take a 2 hour nap daily…He also will still have to have that back surgery which I’m sure is also a side effect from this tumor as well, all that extra weight on his spine…

So now is the time for those prayers…I don’t care who or what you pray too…just please, if you can…we would VERY much appreciate them…He has great Docs…Dr. Wascher, the Neurosurgeon and Dr. Bechard the ENT specialists at Theda Clark in Neenah.

I am going to be selfish here for a minute because I need him to come through this and get back to being himself…I don’t know what I would do without him…He doesn’t think I need him and that I would be fine without him…and It may seem that way to a lot of people…but lets just get this straight…sometimes it’s really not about needing… it is more about wanting…after 20 years I still WANT him with me by my side to enjoy what we have accomplished and worked so hard for…so nothing bad can happen today and that is why I’m asking for your help…

I also have to say I am so sad and praying myself for anyone who is dealing with the effects of Harvey…I am hoping my quilters in Houston area are all OK and that while their sewing rooms may be underwater, I hope they are safe…that is all that matters, we can replace everything else…please if you follow my blog, let us know how you are doing in the comment section here, because we care…and we all can’t imagine our sewing rooms underwater.

I will give some updates on FB while I get them…so thanks for your time and again for the prayers…I know this is not about quilting,.. but I really need your help…surgery is scheduled for 10am.

Nick also wants me to “Thank You” for everything…

my best…Lisa

270 Responses to “the big day…”

1. 1 Patti Levine
    August 29, 2017 at 9:07 am

Prayers are flying out to you both from here in Las Cruces, N.M. You are wrapped in love and support!

2. 2 Linda Wilkinson
    August 29, 2017 at 9:07 am

Nick, yourself, and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Hopeful for a successful surgery.

3. 3 Denise W
    August 29, 2017 at 9:09 am

I am happy they found out what is going on. Prayers and Positive Thoughts for you and Nick.. Take care of your self too…..

4. 4 Donna
    August 29, 2017 at 9:09 am

Prayers are sent your wayπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

5. 5 Pam Uhan
    August 29, 2017 at 9:09 am

Prayers and only good thought to Nick and you as you go through this.

6. 6 candee
    August 29, 2017 at 9:10 am

PRAYERS for you from N. IL πŸ™πŸ»

7. 8 Linda M
    August 29, 2017 at 9:10 am

Praying for both of you. I am recently widowed and I understand your thoughts.

8. 9 Carol joswick
    August 29, 2017 at 9:12 am

Prayers for you and Nick…..tell him he looks fetching in green….

9. 10 Linda
    August 29, 2017 at 9:12 am

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

10. 11 birdlooker
    August 29, 2017 at 9:12 am

Prayers flying from S.C.

11. 12 Joan Hetzel
    August 29, 2017 at 9:12 am

Prayers for Lisa, Nick and family.

12. 13 Laurie Shain
    August 29, 2017 at 9:13 am

It is always a relief to know there is a plan. We will gladly pray for you and for Nick. Great days will hopefully be ahead for you both as he recovers.

13. 14 Cathy Trumble
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Praying hard!

14. 15 Tracy Petry
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Praying for God to quide the surgeons hands during the surgery, and for Nick to come through this with flying colors. Praying for you Lisa for strength, peace, patience and comfort during this surgery. You have so many people that care about you. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery to you Nick!

15. 16 laurel huyvaert
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Prayers are flowing for Nick, you and your famiy. For the surgeon and team involved.
    May you feel the arms of God wrapped tight around you today and I the days to come.

16. 17 Pat Oster
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Many prayers for you and Nick and your family! Also praying with you for all affected by Harvey. God bless you.

17. 18 Kay Brand
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Praying for you and Nick.

18. 19 Gretchen Greiner
    August 29, 2017 at 9:14 am

Sending positive and healing energies Nick’s way with prayers for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

19. 20 Susan J
    August 29, 2017 at 9:15 am

Best wishes today and for the days in the future, will keep you both n my thoughts and prayers, take care-

20. 21 Sandi
    August 29, 2017 at 9:16 am

Prayers for everyone! Hugs,

21. 22 Brenda C Wyatt
    August 29, 2017 at 9:16 am

Prayers for both Nick and you Lisa. Have faith all will be good. Hugs my friend.

22. 23 Jennifer Adams
    August 29, 2017 at 9:16 am

My heart and prayers are with you both, Lisa. I have tremendous confidence that all will be well as it sounds like Nick is in good care. I was widowed young (though remarried an equally wonderful man) so I get the feelings you’re going through.

23. 24 Mary Smith
    August 29, 2017 at 9:16 am

Please know that you are not alone. Many of us have been in your situation and are sitting with you in that waiting room today giving you support and prayers.

24. 25 Marcia Connor
    August 29, 2017 at 9:17 am

Oh my. My heart and prayers go out to you and to Nick. Thankful there is now a diagnosis–now the surgery. Next is complete recovery. Love to you both.

August 29, 2017 at 9:17 am

Prayers for Nick and your family!πŸ™

26. 27 Dee Hill
    August 29, 2017 at 9:20 am

Thoughts and prayers for Nick, Lisa and family.

27. August 29, 2017 at 9:20 am

many prayers for not of you!Alicia Key in ok >

28. 29 Elaine Sanders
    August 29, 2017 at 9:20 am

Praying for you and Nick, Lisa. Prayer is Powerful! Love to you both.

29. 30 ladydukes
    August 29, 2017 at 9:23 am

LISA, When I read the post about your husband’s condition, I decided to respond to let you know that I am praying for him and your family, and that oddly, my best girlfriend in WA State (where we reside) is scheduled for the EXACT SAME surgery on Friday, September 1 in Seattle.Β  Joanne is my friend’s name.Β  She never realized there was a problem until she noticed a lump in her throat.Β  Because she had thyroid cancer in the past, she was concerned.Β  After numerous tests, it was discovered that she has a growth on her pituitary gland and that it is pressing on her optic nerve.Β  Joanne had gained weight so she just attributed it to the fact that her feet had grown from size 7-1/2 to size 11, and that her hands had grown very large.Β  Along with this, she has hundreds, if not thousands of “skin tags” on her face and neck, which the doctor said is caused by her pituatary gland issue.Β  MARGARET DUKES

From: Lisa Bongean’s Weblog To: “margaretanndukes@yahoo.com” Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 7:02:43 AM PDTSubject: [New post] the big day… | lisabongean posted: ” I have kind of given you a scrap of info that we are going through something “big” and today is the day…Nick is going to be having “brain” surgery for a 3cm tumor that is attached to the pituitary gland and causing all kinds of issues that we have b” | |

30. 31 Sharon Bochmann
    August 29, 2017 at 9:23 am

Praying to the one and only God Almighty for your husband and for you!! We love youπŸ’•

31. 32 Delores Riggs
    August 29, 2017 at 9:23 am

My prayers are with Nick and you as you guys go through this. I know Nick will do good and come thru with flying colors. He is just to nice a person for it not to have a positive outcome. My GOD be with you both.

32. 33 Linda Hartsock
    August 29, 2017 at 9:23 am

Thoughts, prayers and hugs for you both. Your only concern now is Nick, you have been blessed to have each other and always will be. Prayers, faith, and trust. In God will get you through this together . 😍

33. 34 Melanie
    August 29, 2017 at 9:24 am

Prayers going up for Nick and the family. I know this is a very stressful time for all of you.

34. 35 Lissa Rogers
    August 29, 2017 at 9:24 am

Praying for Nick, your family and his surgeons. Hugs and prayers my friend❀️

35. 36 Jan Espinosa
    August 29, 2017 at 9:25 am

Prayers for a successful surgery and healing.

36. 37 Rosemary Redhead
    August 29, 2017 at 9:25 am

My heart is full of love for you and Nick. You have my prayers and good thoughts that all will go well. Continue to be strong Lisa. Nick needs to lean on you now. xo Red

37. 38 Krissy Butorac
    August 29, 2017 at 9:27 am

OMG! Huge cyber hugs and prayers to you, Nick, and all of you going through this. What the two of you have is a rare relationship and it’s so wonderful to be a part of it. May love surround you. Get as many hugs as possible. If you need down time for this, we all can wait. This is so much more important now. You and your family are the priorities. God bless.

38. 39 Barb Onken
    August 29, 2017 at 9:28 am

Praying all goes well!!

39. 40 Robbi
    August 29, 2017 at 9:30 am

Lisa and Nick, Praying and sending hugs your way. Robbi

40. August 29, 2017 at 9:30 am

My prayers are with you and the family.

41. 42 Donna K
    August 29, 2017 at 9:31 am

Wishing you and Nick the best. Prayers for today and recovery.

42. 43 Janet Jordan
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

We are safe in central Texas. My daughter & her family live in Victoria. They have been with us since Fri. Going home today since water & power have been restored.
    My prayers are for you & Nick. My sister has/had (not sure it ever goes away but no symptoms since surgery in 1989) Cushings. Try to relax, I believe he will make a full recovery! Sitting outside the hotel in Houston last year, he gave me comforting words when I learned my grandson had received a horrible football injury. I pray that I’ve given you some.

43. 44 Pame
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

The prayer warriors are praying for Nick and you and all the family. It is so hard to place all our loved ones in God’s care sometimes but we need to know he will carry us through the tough times.

44. 45 Deborah Thomas
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

Prayers from California, Nick

45. 46 Jody Randall
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

Just sent you and Nick both a prayer.

46. 47 Janice
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

Lots of prayers coming your way Lisa — prayers for surgeon’s steady hands, speedy recovery for Nick with better days ahead, and strength and comfortable for you as you worry about your man!

47. 48 Maria Zook
    August 29, 2017 at 9:32 am

I am praying for all of you.

48. 49 Sue H
    August 29, 2017 at 9:33 am

Surgeries, whether minor or major, are never easy. That goes for the patient and the ones in the waiting room filled with anxiety. Hugs & prayers to you, Nick, and your entire family.

49. 50 Deanna Bowman
    August 29, 2017 at 9:33 am

Tons & tons of prayers coming your way. Please keep us updated as you can.

August 29, 2017 at 9:35 am

He’s in good hands with competent surgeons and nurses although it’s still so scarey to anyone facing these difficult situations. We will wait with our prayers for word from you he is in recovery and putting a smile back on your face again. Lots of hugs from NY.

51. 52 Susan Mattoon
    August 29, 2017 at 9:36 am

Oh Lisa, I so know the feelings of waiting for the outcome. Continued prayers all through this for both you and Nick and your girls and for sure hands of the Doctors involved. The love of your sewing community is surrounding you today with much love.

52. 53 Cindy Strauss
    August 29, 2017 at 9:37 am

Praying for Nick, you, his surgeons and medical staff that the surgery will be successful and he will be returned to total health.

53. 54 Carmen Montmarquet
    August 29, 2017 at 9:39 am

Praying for you and Nick, the surgery doctors and the great people in Houston. Also for a speedy recovery for Nick! We can wait, he needs all of you right now!!!

54. 55 Kathleen Winslow
    August 29, 2017 at 9:39 am

Love. Hugs. And prayers. I do think of you both and your families every time I look at my walls with pieces of you on them and feel the warmth of your quilts on my bed. Have met you both in my travels. I will pray.

55. 56 Gayle Troccoli
    August 29, 2017 at 9:41 am

Praying for Nick and you. Also for everyone affected by Harvey. God bless.

56. 57 Linda L
    August 29, 2017 at 9:43 am

Good thought, good Karma, Prayers! I have lost my sweetheart of 45 years,, and I know your fear. Big hugs for a good outcome and soon.

August 29, 2017 at 9:44 am

Praying for you both; that Nick has a successful surgery and the you find the strength you need to get through the wait. Always scary when a loved one is taken away to that operating room; and praying that the surgical team is able to do everything necessary for him. Looking forward to your post later today, telling us all that he is out of surgery and on his way to recovering. My friend and I really enjoyed meeting him at the Maine Quilt show last year. He was doing an awesome job at your booth; and was a great way to finish the day after taking your class earlier. God Bless you both. HUGS from Maine

58. 59 Diane Emanuelson
    August 29, 2017 at 9:46 am

Prayers for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59. 60 Lolly Pasewark
    August 29, 2017 at 9:47 am

Praying for Nick and your family and for the skilled medical professionals who are caring for him. God bless you all!

60. 61 Donna J Brewster
    August 29, 2017 at 9:48 am

Sending prayers for Nick, his family, and his caregivers.

61. 62 Janet
    August 29, 2017 at 9:50 am

Prayers being sent to you, Lisa and Nick. Love and prayers!

62. 63 Judy Donovan
    August 29, 2017 at 9:51 am

Positive thoughts going out to Nick, you and the folks in TexasπŸ’•

63. 64 Donna
    August 29, 2017 at 9:51 am

All good thoughts coming your way for you, Nick, and, your entire family. All will be well!

64. 65 Diana Lentz
    August 29, 2017 at 9:52 am

Praying for Nick and your family. Praying for a positive outcome for Nick. Prayers for the long road back for the families of Texas. Prayers of support and heart felt love goes out to everyone.

65. 66 Dee Dalton
    August 29, 2017 at 9:52 am

Praying for you and Nick!! Met you and Nick at a Houston Show many years ago, he seemed to have a strong will and a sense of humor. I think he will pull through just fine. Bless you both, hope to follow you for years to come.

66. 67 Carol Eberhardt
    August 29, 2017 at 9:53 am

Prayers, for sure, and hopes for a speedy recovery and resolution to all the other issues impacted by this nasty tumor.
    I hadn’t thought about the Quilters as Quilters, although seeing the convention center as a refuge did make me think of the big Houston show coming up. Hopefully all the Quilters are high and dry with or without their machines. What a terrible storm, I worry about the children and the emotional impact there.
    Right now, praying for Nick, the Quilters, their families and all the little children of Houston.

67. 68 anne
    August 29, 2017 at 9:56 am

sending prayers!!!

68. 69 MaryAnne Mooney
    August 29, 2017 at 9:56 am

I believe in miracles! God hears our prayers. Wishing for a speedy recovery and the best results possible! Piecefully, Mary Anne from Long Island, New York

69. 70 Jill Defries
    August 29, 2017 at 9:58 am

Praying!!!πŸ™

70. 71 Leanne Mal
    August 29, 2017 at 10:00 am

Sending my prayers πŸ™ positive thoughts and hugs.

71. 72 Yvonne
    August 29, 2017 at 10:00 am

Praying for Nick and you and for my home state of Texas. Life is most precious and I pray all will be restored to you.

72. 73 Betty Lockhart
    August 29, 2017 at 10:02 am

Prayers, hugs, love…………….

73. 74 Bev Crabb
    August 29, 2017 at 10:03 am

Prayers for you and Nick – and lots of hugs!

74. 75 Mary lou
    August 29, 2017 at 10:04 am

Prayers and well wishes coming your way for your hubby, you and your family.
    Take care my friend and know there is a great power looking over him.
    See you soon.
    Mary Lou Ripper (louripp)

75. 76 Annie B
    August 29, 2017 at 10:06 am

Prayers from Florida

76. 77 Linda Elliott
    August 29, 2017 at 10:06 am

Love and prayers Lisa and Nick.

77. 78 Terry
    August 29, 2017 at 10:06 am

I will be holding Nick in my heart and praying for a successful operation and a speedy recovery. We can all make it happen.

78. 79 Marianne Snowden
    August 29, 2017 at 10:07 am

So sorry this is something you all are going thru. But it sounds like answers and a good outcome are on their way. The next few months are “me” time as he recovers and you nurse him back to the old Nick. We all definitely understand that. Nick is in good hands and with you by his side will recover quickly. Love you guys and you are both in my thoughts today.

79. 80 Linda Elliott
    August 29, 2017 at 10:09 am

Love and prayers!

80. 81 Robin Mike
    August 29, 2017 at 10:09 am

I am so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to Nick, you and your family!!

81. 82 Gloria G
    August 29, 2017 at 10:10 am

Prayers coming from central Texas for you, Nick, and all the doctors and nurses. We are high and dry with only minor rainfall.

82. 83 Debbie
    August 29, 2017 at 10:11 am

Lisa and Nick,
    Prayers are with you both – know that there are so many who care about you, and thank you for all you have added to our lives with your talents. Debbie

83. August 29, 2017 at 10:11 am

Wow, what a weight of concern you must have been bearing trying to figure all of this out, and now to go through the surgery. Definitely praying for you, Nick, and the surgeons!

84. 85 Nicole Hanson
    August 29, 2017 at 10:11 am

Prayers for Nick and God’s hands on both of you during this time. Prayers and well wishes for all those affected by Hurricane Harvey. May they recover speedily.

85. 86 Kathryn Rogers
    August 29, 2017 at 10:12 am

Sending prayers your way.

86. 87 Lois Walker
    August 29, 2017 at 10:15 am

Prayers for Nick and you and the medical team! Glad they found out what the problem is! Praying for speedy recovery for Nick.

87. August 29, 2017 at 10:15 am

I will be praying for Nick! I had a tumor on my pituitary gland, it ruptured the gland and the tomor attached itself to my kidney. I had ot for nine years, with a lot of the same symptoms Nick had. Big surgery, but it went well. I do know what he is going through! God was so good to me!

88. 89 Felice Gokey
    August 29, 2017 at 10:16 am

Great, positive, happy thoughts I’m sending your way……and lots of prayers, too…..all the way from Port St Lucie, Florida:)

89. 90 Jacqueline Hale
    August 29, 2017 at 10:17 am

Prayers going up….

90. 91 PK Binns
    August 29, 2017 at 10:17 am

So heartwarming to read about all the positive energy, love and prayers that are going to you, Nick, and the surgical team.
    Waiting for results is difficult, and I am sending more healing thoughts, prayers to your family, the doctors and the hospital staff from Gig Harbor, WA. I think you have prayers coming from every direction, which is a good thing.

91. 92 Cathy Weatherford
    August 29, 2017 at 10:19 am

prayers for you and Nick. Such a really hard time, for you folks and for the hurricane folks too. I am going thru treatments for throat cancer, and could not do it without my loving Lord and and my special loving husband. Thank you so much Lord for those who care for us.

92. 93 Marilyn Pearlman
    August 29, 2017 at 10:19 am

My prayers are with you both. Speedy recovery for Nick ( you need to get back to fishing) and strength to Lisa to take care of him. Thinking of both of you on this day, and best wishes everyday.

93. 94 Janey B
    August 29, 2017 at 10:21 am

May you feel arms wrapped around you, Nick and your family today. Bless the surgeons as they share their gifts of knowledge and skill.

94. 96 Deb
    August 29, 2017 at 10:26 am

Thoughts and prays to your husband and family sending our thoughts and good recovery.

95. 97 Pat sparks
    August 29, 2017 at 10:27 am

Prayers to you my husband had the same surgery. After a few complication and now on medicine he is doing just fine. The key is a good endroconologist.

96. 98 De De Benson
    August 29, 2017 at 10:30 am

Prayers to you and your families. May he recover quickly.

97. 99 Maureen
    August 29, 2017 at 10:31 am

Lisa, prayers for you, Nick and all the medical team.

98. 100 Verna
    August 29, 2017 at 10:32 am

Thinking of you and your family, Lisa. Definitely have you on the prayer list. Here’s to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

99. 101 lapd12301
    August 29, 2017 at 10:32 am

Prayingβ™‘

On Aug 29, 2017 7:02 AM, “Lisa Bongean’s Weblog” wrote:

> lisabongean posted: ” I have kind of given you a scrap of info that we are > going through something “big” and today is the day…Nick is going to be > having “brain” surgery for a 3cm tumor that is attached to the pituitary > gland and causing all kinds of issues that we have b” >

100. 102 Aggiequilter
    August 29, 2017 at 10:32 am

Lisa,
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way for Nick today and his recovery!
    We are hanging in, day 4 of Harvey rains here and hoping for the best. The Brazos River will decide what happens next. So many thousands have lost everything here, it is truly beyond comprehension.

101. 103 Cindy S
    August 29, 2017 at 10:32 am

Praying for good results with the surgery and a return to better health! Also prayers for you and the family to be strong through this. πŸ™πŸ»

102. 104 joke dingemans
    August 29, 2017 at 10:34 am

Lisa I will burn a candle today as a prair for you and your husband, with love joke dingemansj

103. 105 Cathy
    August 29, 2017 at 10:39 am

God’s blessings to Nick, you and your family. Nick… we love seeing you in all the photos (your bike, fishing, with the kids & grandkids) and with Lisa’s smiling face. You are apart of our quilt family. Get well. Jeter misses you too!

104. 106 Barbara F.
    August 29, 2017 at 10:41 am

We live in Northwest LA and so all is well here. Will be praying for Nick and sending best wishes for his speedy recovery. Big hugs!

105. 107 Kyla Wilson
    August 29, 2017 at 10:44 am

Praying for Nick and you, Lisa! Also will pray for guidance for the doctors and surgeons.

106. 108 Eileen Moss
    August 29, 2017 at 10:44 am

I’ll be sending prayers for Nick’s quick recovery. Also prayers to those Quilter’s in Texas affected by Harvey!

107. 109 Fran B
    August 29, 2017 at 10:49 am

Sending hugs your way and well wishes nor a successful surgery and speedy recovery for Nick. You two make a great team in business and in life. I wish you all the best. God bless.

108. 110 Pat Bley
    August 29, 2017 at 10:49 am

So sorry to hear about Nick. We will keep him and you in our prayers, and also all the people down in TX .

109. 111 Beth
    August 29, 2017 at 10:51 am

Prayers coming your way. Please keep us updated !

110. 112 Marie McDonald
    August 29, 2017 at 10:51 am

I will be praying for Nick and for you!

111. 113 travelingro
    August 29, 2017 at 10:53 am

Thoughts will be with you today and to all the people in Texas affected by this terrible storm.

112. 114 Denise Gosselin
    August 29, 2017 at 10:53 am

Lisa and Nick – I am so sad to hear this news but also overjoyed that they have found the issue and it can be fixed. I understand about “need” and “want”. Sometimes guys think we just want them for their helpfulness around the house, etc. I tell my husband I can hire that person, it’s you I want around to share my life with. I will be thinking of you both and saying a prayer for Nick.

113. 115 Kristy
    August 29, 2017 at 10:55 am

Prayers being offered and will be continued, you both need to be well and spend time with your little man who we can see loves you dearly!

114. 116 Marilyn Hopkins
    August 29, 2017 at 10:56 am

Praying for Nick , you and your family. Also for guidance for his doctors. I live in Corpus Christi, and we missed the worst of Harvey. However, I have friends and family in Rockport, Tx that weren’t so lucky. Please keep all those affected by Harvey in your prayers. There is so much devastation that it is hard to comprehend. I have a quilting friend that just moved to Houston and her house is under water. Please pray for the Smith family. We are strong, compassionate people here in Texas, and we will get through this – it will just take some time.

115. 117 Jan Kitchen
    August 29, 2017 at 10:58 am

Lisa,
    You and Nick are in my prayers. Have faith in the Lord. He is the great physician.
    Jan

116. 118 Suzanne Kuhns
    August 29, 2017 at 10:59 am

definitely sending prayers for Nick and for you!

117. August 29, 2017 at 11:00 am

Prayers and love from Texas to the two most hard-working, generous people we all admire.

118. 120 Diane Ziegler
    August 29, 2017 at 11:00 am

Prayers for all to go well and a speedy recovery!

119. 121 Alice
    August 29, 2017 at 11:02 am

It is a priviledge to pray for you, Nick, and your entire family.

120. 122 Dana
    August 29, 2017 at 11:03 am

Sending prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

121. 123 Deliena Chell
    August 29, 2017 at 11:04 am

Lisa-
    Sending love, prayers and good thoughts to you and Nick. Be patient with yourself and with Nick during the recovery period. There may be no big scar to show after the surgery but it takes a while for your body to reset and feel human again. Love you lots!!

122. 125 Denise Wilcox
    August 29, 2017 at 11:07 am

Lisa I’m sending my prayers for the skilled Doctors to guide them in the surgery and for Nicks speedy healing and for you and your family patiently waiting. Hugs!

123. 126 Hildy
    August 29, 2017 at 11:10 am

I wishing you two all of the best and thinking of you and hope the surgery will go as smooth as possible. And I hope everybody is safe in Texas and stays this way. Hugs to all of you.

124. 127 Pris Phillips
    August 29, 2017 at 11:11 am

Father God… guide the hands of the surgeons as they remove this tumor from Nick’s body. Comfort Lisa and the family with Your overwhelming peace. Give Nick the best outcome possible and restore health to his body. Provide financially, emotionally and physically for every need they might have. And let his recovery be faster and smoother than expected. Give them the gift of Your Presence today and in the days ahead. Bless them with all they need to navigate a full and complete recovery.

And we pray for Texas… send angels (big strong ones) to hold up the levees that are in jeapordy of breaking… hold them up… and keep the people in harm’s way safe. Help the resources and supplies to get through to those who need them. Encourage and strengthen the first responders… give them wisdom… and comfort those who are so very afraid, including my daughter’s in-laws in Sugar Land. Comfort their fearful hearts and minds. Keep them safe. In Jesus’ name. Amen

125. 128 Bmudge
    August 29, 2017 at 11:13 am

Aw Lisa, prayers for Nick, his surgeons, you, and the victims of Harvey. Sending you love and support from Indiana.

126. 129 Sharon Z.
    August 29, 2017 at 11:14 am

Lisa…
    Prayers, for sure…for Nick and you too! How do you deal with it ALL? Might be a sign to just slow down a bit and enjoy life! My thought & prayers.
    Sharon

127. 130 valerie geib
    August 29, 2017 at 11:15 am

Oh my gosh, Lisa, praying for both you and Nick. I don’t know how you have gotten through all the classes and traveling you have done with this looming over you. Praying for Nicks health and a successful surgery and for you for God’s precious peace.

128. 131 Natalie Rogers
    August 29, 2017 at 11:21 am

Praying for you and Nick and your family today. I met him last year in Augusta Maine, and he was so nice and patient helping me because I have a hard time making up my mind. Praying that all goes well, and Nick is feeling more himself soon.

129. August 29, 2017 at 11:22 am

scary stuff…prayers for you both. Peace be with you while you wait for the news.

130. 133 Robin McGuire
    August 29, 2017 at 11:24 am

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

131. 134 suejean1
    August 29, 2017 at 11:25 am

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear that you and Nick have been going through this. Praying real hard Lisa for complete success with this surgery. Lifting up Nick’s surgeons for their best work. Praying that God gives you peace as you wait that all will be well. Hugs.

132. 135 Donna Pace
    August 29, 2017 at 11:25 am

Oh, Lisa, what shocking news! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Nick, his medical team and surgeons for their expertise in performing a successful surgery and recovery! May God Bless!

August 29, 2017 at 11:27 am

Hi Lisa, my prayers are with you and Nick. I will be hoping for a safe and successful surgery, and speedy recovery!

To all those impacted by hurricane Harvey my thoughts and prayers are with you too.

Hugs, Jakey

134. 137 anita fitzsimmons
    August 29, 2017 at 11:28 am

Prayers for ur husband you and all the doctors and nurses. And all quilters and people in Huston and all in the path of Harvey. Take care Anita

135. 138 Nancy Mastrianni
    August 29, 2017 at 11:30 am

Thoughts and prayers for you, Nick and everyone in Texas

August 29, 2017 at 11:33 am

Prayers for Nick, you and your family…….

137. 140 Sarah Stroede
    August 29, 2017 at 11:35 am

Praying for the doctors to have steady hands, the nurses to speed up the recovery and Nick to through in flying colors. Asking a God to watch over you, family and friends.

138. August 29, 2017 at 11:35 am

I’ve been keeping you both in my thoughts all morning and am sending healing thoughts your way.

139. 142 gijane279-Liz
    August 29, 2017 at 11:37 am

Lisa I’m praying for Nick, you, and your family as you go thru this… your in my heart always and you have my number if you need anything.. love hugs and lots of prayers Liz

140. 143 lynnrodby
    August 29, 2017 at 11:38 am

Best of all to you and your family!!!
    Sorry that you are going through this!

141. 144 Barbara Acchino
    August 29, 2017 at 11:38 am

Prayers and positive thoughts!

142. August 29, 2017 at 11:40 am

Lisa. You and Nick are absolutely in my thoughts and prayers as you both go through this little storm. Moving to China in the morning but will be watching fb for updates as he comes through this and will stood be back by your side making magic together.

Blessings and prayers. Susan

Sent from my iPhone

143. 146 Jackie
    August 29, 2017 at 11:43 am

Prayers and thoughts are with you both!

144. 147 Kristi
    August 29, 2017 at 11:45 am

Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Washington state!

145. 148 Marcy
    August 29, 2017 at 11:48 am

Prayers for both of you and Texas too.

146. 149 Debra Reber
    August 29, 2017 at 11:49 am

Prayers for you & your family

August 29, 2017 at 11:50 am

When you gave a hint, I thought it might be about Nick. It’s 1 hour past surgery time here in the East and I’m just reading your blog since hubby was doing some preop this morning also. I said my prayer for both of you and for a full recovery for your Sweetie. I’ll have to try and find you on FB for an update.

148. 151 Mimi Hall
    August 29, 2017 at 11:50 am

Prayers to you and your family Lisa! You do so much good and good comes back I am sure! Our nephew has the same type tumor and it also took a few years to diagnosis. His is controlled by a medication that reduces it in size. You will have your Nick for a long time!! Hang in there today. =)

149. 152 Kim
    August 29, 2017 at 11:51 am

My prayers are with you Nick and Lisa and all the victims of Harvey. Will continue to pray for you all.

150. 153 Sylvia Corbin
    August 29, 2017 at 11:52 am

Praying for you from Greece.

Sent from my iPhone

151. 154 Marilyn Boerger
    August 29, 2017 at 11:52 am

Prayers for him and all of you!

152. 155 Susan
    August 29, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Praying for you, Nick and your family. Also the medical team.

153. 156 Sharron
    August 29, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Our prayers are certainly with you, your family and all the people dealing with Harvey. We will think positive and know everything will be okay!

154. 157 Brenda Huffman
    August 29, 2017 at 12:02 pm

My thoughts and prayers and with you and Nick and all who are touched by Hurricane Harvey! Looking forward to a positive update on Facebook!

155. 158 Mary Furlong
    August 29, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Praying for Nick and your family as you trudge through this medical crisisπŸ™

156. 160 Julie Scott
    August 29, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Sending prayers your way!

157. August 29, 2017 at 12:20 pm

God is THE great Physicisn, and He has a plan for you and Nick. Praying for strength and acute senses for the doctors during the surgery, for compassion and alertness for the nurses, and the Peace that passes all understanding for you as you wait. Hugs to you!

158. 162 Cindi P
    August 29, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Prayers being lifted up.

159. 163 Nicole
    August 29, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Prayers to Nick and you and your family!

160. 164 Dottie Raab
    August 29, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Prayers coming your way

161. 165 Pam Walton
    August 29, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Prayers from Canada.
    xo

162. 166 Marty Toale
    August 29, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Prayers for Nick that all will be well and prayers for you as well because the hardest thing to be is a caregiver who wants so much to have your loved one back and enjoy the “best that’s yet to come”. God bless you both and hold you in his handπŸ™πŸ™

163. 167 Julie Green
    August 29, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Sending positive thoughts, prayers and hoping for a speedy recovery when it’s all done ! Just wished I lived closer so I could be cooking for you when needed !!!

164. August 29, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Sending you healing thoughts and best wishes from NZ

165. 169 Kathy Holmertz
    August 29, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Prayers for successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

166. 170 Kim Mueller
    August 29, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Prayers from Campbellsport, Wi. Although we’ve never met, I feel like I know you from following you on email. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hoping someday to get to your store. God Bless.

167. 171 crowcabincreations
    August 29, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Prayers for your husband, you, and your entire family!!

168. 172 Albeerta Bailie
    August 29, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Oh my! I missed Nick at the Houston Quilt Show!! Please know that so many many of us really care about you and Nick and your families. Praying that God will give the Dr’s skill in removing this tumor and that all of the problems involved will be solved. God is the Great Physician and only He can give you the peace and calm during this time. Just ask him!! Please keep us updated. Nick is so cute, funny, kind and even remembers when I revisit your booth!! I pray that you will have him around for many more years. Our 54 wedding anniversary is on Thurs. I know I still want Jack around for a long long time.

Please everyone pray for Houston. The 9000 at the convention center where we enjoy the quilt show is only a portion of the people evacuated. It is truly a phenomenal disaster of huge proportions. We have had 33″ of rain -my husband loves his new digital rain gauge! we have had no water in our neighborhood and even the streets haven’t flooded. We feel blessed. Like a minister at our church said–ok -those of us who are high and dry need to get ready to put on our boots and help those who weren’t. True!! Houston is a terrific city where neighbor always helps neighbor!!

Praying for you and Nick and for an amazing recovery!!

169. 173 Gail Miller
    August 29, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Prayers being sent for s sucessful surgery and for you.

170. 174 sharon crandall
    August 29, 2017 at 1:27 pm

My Dear Lisa and Nick, i will pray for you and your family. I can’t imagine but I know its times like these our faith must be strong. Prayers for you all

I am also praying for everyone in Harveys path.

171. 175 Stella
    August 29, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Praying for you and your husband that the surgery goes well and his recovery is speedy and his symptoms are resolved.

172. August 29, 2017 at 1:30 pm

My thoughts are prayers are with all of you today!

173. 177 Ethelann Wood
    August 29, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Please know that you ,Nick and the family are in my thoughts and heart. This must be so hard but together you will get through it. We just celebrated our 45th anniversary and even though day to day may not seem so, as you say, we want to be together always. You guys are not done yet. This will be a big bump in the road and make you both stronger than ever! Think how crazy you can drive each other when he is well and you are on teaching break!!! .love,ethelann

174. 178 Margie
    August 29, 2017 at 1:32 pm

Praying for you, your husband and everyone in Texas. We are holding you all close to our hearts.

175. 179 Maggie Reintges
    August 29, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I’m praying that his surgery goes well and he starts feeling better very soon!! Hugs to you too ❀️

176. 180 Maddy McCaslin
    August 29, 2017 at 1:39 pm

My prayers are with you and Nick. God is the Great Physican.

177. August 29, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Continued prayers for Nick, for you, and for everyone that could use some peace of mind during troubles.

178. 183 Edith
    August 29, 2017 at 1:51 pm

I just read your blog. By now I hope the surgery is over or almost over and Nick can start his recovery. Always in my prayers. Hugs to you both.

179. 184 Kris Hebbring
    August 29, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Thinking and praying for you and your family today from the Big Island of Hawaii.

180. 185 Pam Knight
    August 29, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Lisa, I too just read your post and am praying that the surgery went well and Nick is in recovery. Thoughts and prayers coming to you both. Remember to take care of yourself too, as you are as important to Nick as he is to you. I am also sending prayers to the effected areas of Texas. Hugs to you and Nick from Michigan.

181. 186 Judy Davis
    August 29, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Prayers for Nick!!!

182. 187 Linda
    August 29, 2017 at 2:03 pm

I met your son once in Daytona. I only hope
    To come to one of your retreats. I’ve had 2 back surgeries but this is a bit much for anyone. As long as you have the best docs and prognosis is good he will be in gods hands. Long road ahead but know that all of us who know and adore you can only hope for the best and my thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
    With warmest regards
    Linda Franklin.

183. 188 Joyce Gregory
    August 29, 2017 at 2:06 pm

Prayers for a successful surgery and for a complete and wonderful recovery.

184. 189 Kathy h
    August 29, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Many prayers for nick and you both. Hope the surgery is done and a very speedy recovery.

185. 190 Teri
    August 29, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Thoughts and prayers with you.

186. 191 Sue mills
    August 29, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Praying for you and Nick! I do believe in the power of prayer and as an operating room nurse my prayers are very specific for you all!!! God I thank you for your great love for us, your children. I thank you for excellent doctors and surgeons, and nurses taking care of Nick right now!! I am reminded of your faithfulness to us and using all things, the good and the bad to draw us closer to your side!! Continue to wrap your arms around Lisa and her family right now–let her know she is not forgotten or alone. That you’ve guided the hands of her surgeon and will continue to bring health and healing back to Nicks body!! Let her know people from all over that she doesn’t know well re lifting her up in prayer because of your great love for her!! Thank you Lord for Lisa and Nick–thank you for your care over them! I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus who gives us the authority to ask and who loves us so!! Amen. I will be keeping you in my prayers Lisa, I know you’ve had a lot that you’ve had to walk thru–He is faithful! –Sue Mills (MI)

187. 192 Vicki Beckner
    August 29, 2017 at 2:17 pm

I am praying for you both.

188. 193 Anne Thate
    August 29, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Prayers to you Nick and all the people in Houston πŸ™πŸ˜‡πŸ’•

189. August 29, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Prayers and hugs for both you and Nick. May God wrap his loving hands around you and let you know he is with you.

190. 195 Jody Dickey
    August 29, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Positive energy to both of you today and through the recovery. Thankful for skilled surgeons hands and knowledge.

191. 197 Mary DePue
    August 29, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I will definitely be praying..πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

192. 198 Sandy Wilcox
    August 29, 2017 at 2:58 pm

My love to both of you. I read FB first so I know things are going well. I appreciate your comments about wanting/needing someone; yours is one of those special relationships. Thank you for sharing so much of it with us in these posts. Respect for your comforting remarks to Houston as you are going through this yourself.

193. 199 masonmarlene
    August 29, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Loving you and Nick and asking God to keep you both in His caring arms and lift you up to Him who has the power to do a complete healing. Also, praying for the people affected by Harvey. We can thank Him for all things because He has his reasons for doing what he does and don’t think satan doesn’t get in there and try to side track us – he usually does his best when we are vulnerable. God bless you and know you are loved.

194. 200 Jane Lemley
    August 29, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I had surgery last April for the same kind of tumor… attached to both optic nerves and pituitary gland and right carotid artery it was about the same size but there must not have been as much involvement of Pituitary as I didn’t have all the growth issues. Will pray for your husband. I lost 25 % of vision in my right eye and issues with forgetting words, but no complaints here. Maybe we can do some kind of donations to quilters that lost their sewing rooms. Not sure how that would be organized but that’s for later. Prayer Warriors today. Thank you for letting us know. Jane

195. 201 Terry Rupple
    August 29, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Prayers for Nick, you and the rest of your family. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

196. 202 Betty Forester
    August 29, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Prayers for you and Nick

197. 203 Diann
    August 29, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

198. 204 Paula Key
    August 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm

My Husband had a Stroke in his Intestines 2 years ago and I know a lot of what you are feeling Just put it in Gods Hands and except what he says It will all be OK By the way God wasn’t ready for my husband so he may not be ready for Nick to come his way either Praying for you all

199. 205 Donna Tirpak
    August 29, 2017 at 3:57 pm

On it! Putting you and Nick on our world wide Church Prayer list! Blessings dear ones. Donna Tirpak

Sent from my iPad

200. August 29, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Prayers sent out for Nick, you, and your family.

201. 207 Ann Post
    August 29, 2017 at 4:05 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. You are both in my prayers. You tell Nick I can’t wait till he is better so I can see him at some of the quilt shows. He always appreciates that I use my husband’s Cabelas’s visa for the purchases. Take care.

202. 208 Kathleen Matusek
    August 29, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Lisa you and Nick have my thoughts and prayers, today and the days to follow Nick’s surgery.

203. 209 Patricia Rosenbaum
    August 29, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family during this time, as well as for those in Texas. I’m sure there are a lot of us out here standing with you and for you and Nick. We will be anxious to hear that all is well.

204. 210 Judith Ebbert
    August 29, 2017 at 4:47 pm

You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

205. 211 Pat
    August 29, 2017 at 4:52 pm

I will pray for you n your hubby. This is a very difficult time for you n I do understand your “want” of him. May God keep him n you safe. May the nurses n doctors do their very best to help him n you. Pat Simington. Fellow quilter

Sent from my iPhone

206. 212 Peggy Hostetler
    August 29, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Lisa, my thoughts and prayers are with both you
    and Nick. Please God watch over you all and
    guide the surgeons as they do their best in
    surgery.
    I have been around Nick very little only at quilt shows but he is delightful and very helpful.
    He will come through this with flying colors and
    all husbands say these things at times if only for
    our attention!! Little boys need approval and
    nurturing at times- they surely Do Not Mean
    It! Hugs and prayers.

207. 213 Joyce Scribner
    August 29, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Praying fervently… Both of you take care!

August 29, 2017 at 5:22 pm

By the time I read this, the surgery was over and hopefully 100% successful.. I will add you and Nick to my prayer list for a speedy recovery. Glad to hear that the dr. found the cause of his symptoms.

209. 215 Joanne
    August 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Prayers from Massachusetts

210. August 29, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Prayers being sent to the both of you from Bigfork, Montana.

211. 217 Bonnie B Quigley
    August 29, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Lots of prayers coming your way — for today and for the upcoming few weeks of recovery. My son’s father-in-law went through this exact surgery 5 years ago – with a 5cm tumor – benign and he has been SOOOOOO healthy every since. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Nick will feel so much better, have his strength and his body back ! Sending big hugs and lots of love to you both —- I believe in miracles and know God still sends them daily!

212. 218 Connie
    August 29, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Prayers for you and Nick today, and for all caring for him, the drs. Peace to you, Lisa, today and in the days to come.

213. August 29, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Prayers, hope all went well. How scary, but glad they found the problem.

214. 220 stephanie Woodward
    August 29, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Prayers for you and your family, especially your husband. From one who also feels especially blessed to have come through the Houston floods. God is good

215. August 29, 2017 at 6:43 pm

There are so many comments…showing how much you are loved!!! I wanted to tell you that I will be praying, not to a “who or what”, but the One Who created all of us (His so needy “dust people”) because of His need to express a love that we aren’t able to comprehend the depth of. Praying for wisdom and skillfulness for the medical staff and His strength and peace for you (and your family). He just waits ready to pour His best into our lives. Sending uber hugs your way……….

216. 222 katleen1
    August 29, 2017 at 6:44 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

August 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Prayers for a successful surgery and a safe and speedy recovery. For both of you. Seeing a loved one go through something like this is very hard on the body and the spirit. Both of you take care.

218. 224 Elaine Hotra
    August 29, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Lisa and Nick My good wishes and prayers for a successful and speedy recovery. πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Sent from my iPhone

219. 225 Diann Selke
    August 29, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Prayers coming your way, Nick and Lisa and your family coming from Florida……..

220. 226 Lisa Angel
    August 29, 2017 at 7:37 pm

πŸ™πŸ™ God speed for a full recovery. May God give you strength as you nurse Nick back to health. ❀️❀️

221. 227 Carolyn Boutilier
    August 29, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Praying the surgery goes well.

222. 228 Linette Anne Stewart
    August 29, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Praying that everything will turn out well. Thank you for sharing this with us.

223. 229 Debbie Goad
    August 29, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Praying really hard for you and Nick. And you are right about the needing him vs wanting him. You see, I lost my husband 7 months ago. Although I am finding I am strong and can do all this on my own, I still would want him to be by my side to enjoy all the things we worked for through our time together! He will pull through and will recover better than ever and your wish will come true! The whole quilting world is pulling for you. ❀️

224. 230 Sandy K
    August 29, 2017 at 8:43 pm

I’m reading my email later and pray everything went well with hubby’s surgery. Hugs and prayers from Ohio!

225. 231 bobcandy61@yahoo.com
    August 29, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Lisa, I so wish you and your husband the best with his surgery. What a difficult time you have been going through, but still kept the creative juices flowing. You are one amazing lady. I pray your husband recovers well and returns to the man you have loved your whole life. My husband had a very scary illness that took him away from me for months. But he worked hard with doctors and he is once again the man I fell in love with. I wish you goodness and hope you will take each day with the strength you have always shown. Also find some quality time for Lisa!will watch for your updates!πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Sent from my iPad

226. 232 mimisanta
    August 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm

prayers to you and your family Lisa we love you.

227. 233 Linda
    August 29, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Sending prayers to you and Nick. I know he will come through this and be in the road to recovery in no time.
    Positive thoughts!β™₯️

228. 234 Dee
    August 29, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Prayers and positive thought winging your way! God is good !

229. 235 Carrie
    August 29, 2017 at 9:35 pm

It goes without saying that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Nick. Many of us need and want both of you to be happy, healthy and “around” for a very, very long time.

230. 236 Connie Tesene
    August 29, 2017 at 9:46 pm

Thoughts, prayers, and hugs for Nick, yourself and your family.

231. 238 kshackabq
    August 29, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Lisa – Praying for you, Nick and the medical team, that all goes well and Nick heals quickly. You’re an important pair to many of us!

232. 239 janet maly
    August 29, 2017 at 10:06 pm

We can pray and pray for Nick !!
    And Houston gets more prayers too !!

233. 240 Charmaine
    August 29, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Sending prayers for quick healing from Southern California. Hope the surgery went well❀️

234. 241 dianne61
    August 29, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Praying for you both. Trust surgery went well and God has everything under control. Blessings for speedy recovery on both surgeries. Glad you finally know what the problem was.

235. 242 Robin Lynn
    August 29, 2017 at 10:43 pm

I pray that God keeps Nick in his care and blesses him with a speedy recovery and road to good health. I also pray that God keeps you strong Lisa. Love to you from Lakewood, CA

236. 243 Lytle Markham
    August 29, 2017 at 11:15 pm

My heart and my prayers go out to you at this time. Praying for a safe recovery and for everything to be back to normal.

237. 244 Judy
    August 29, 2017 at 11:40 pm

My thoughts and prayers are for both you and Nick.

238. 245 David Schulz
    August 29, 2017 at 11:58 pm

Thinking of you guys.

August 30, 2017 at 3:02 am

I hope all went well. ! You are both in my prayers.

240. 247 Paulette
    August 30, 2017 at 4:38 am

You are both in my prayers. God will be with you. Please let us know how it goes.

241. 248 Germaine
    August 30, 2017 at 6:54 am

Oh my goodness. You certainly have grace under fire. I wouldn’t be able to function. All the best to you, Nic, and your family. Prayers for the best possible recovery and some relief from the stress. Your faith in God will see you through, along with all these prayers!

242. 249 Sandy D
    August 30, 2017 at 7:54 am

Prayers and good wishes are being sent out to your hubby and yourself.

243. 250 Elizabeth Jonas
    August 30, 2017 at 8:44 am

Praying that God heals him completely with the aid of excellent doctors and the love of his family and friends. Lisa, you have a bazillion friends that you have touched through the years, know that we will be praying for you too! β™₯️πŸͺβ™₯οΈπŸ•

244. 251 Margaret Mossing
    August 30, 2017 at 8:46 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

245. 252 Sharon Laurin
    August 30, 2017 at 8:58 am

Lisa and Nick…Dale and I hope all of your prayers were answered yesterday and that Nick is on his way to a complete recovery today. Hugs and continuing prayers!

246. 253 Theresa Waite
    August 30, 2017 at 9:09 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Nick and the entire family for a successful surgery and recovery.

247. August 30, 2017 at 9:48 am

I had that same kind of tumor over 30 years ago and at the time had to go to Stanford to have it removed. They used fiber optics to see it and knocked it off leaving it for my body to absorb. The pressure on my pitutary gland was causing all sorts of hormonal problems like not having my period for one and within one year after the surgery I got pregnant. Yay! I remember that it took about a month to fully recover, but I still have numbness in my mouth and a dead tooth where they entered with the tool that removed it. Quit remarkable how such a small thing can affect your body. Get well quick Nick!

248. 255 Joan
    August 30, 2017 at 10:28 am

Most definitely he is in our prayers. And I know how you want and need him. Lost my hubby a year ago after 48 years of marriage and five years of dating before that and the loss still hurts today. I miss him so. I am claiming victory over Nick and anxiously awaiting the good news that he is fine. Lisa and Little Man need you, as well as the whole family. Nick. A speedy recovery to you.

Also I have a brother-in-law and his family in Houston. This is the third time in a couple years he has been hit. This is by far the worse one……..not sure what if anything they will go home to. Prayers and donations to one of the many agencies helping the cause is important.

249. 256 Angelia L.
    August 30, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Hugs and best wishes for NIck, you and your family!

250. 257 Cindy Bohnsack
    August 30, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Prayers for all of your families: both biological and quilting families in Texas.

August 30, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Prayers going out to you & yours!

252. August 30, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Thoughts and d prayers heading your way. Good luck!

253. 260 Becky
    August 30, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Now I know why your name keeps popping in my head on Sunday mornings during prayers for the people. I will step it up in that department.

254. 261 Joyce Miller
    August 30, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Best Wishes!!!

255. 262 Leigh Ann
    August 31, 2017 at 2:53 am

Thoughts & prayers are with you guys!! Hope all went well!!

256. 263 Diana North
    August 31, 2017 at 8:14 am

Jackie

I keep waiting for Lisa to post something after the surgery. Have you seen any updates?

I made it into the quilt retreat. Looks like 32 are signed up. Details are to come Friday or Saturday. Talk about efficient. I mailed my form Tuesday and I know Thursday. WOW

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

August 31, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Prayers for Nick to come through healthy and whole. Prayers for you and your family too.

258. 265 Jamie
    August 31, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Keeping you both in prayer.

259. 266 Joan Hetzel
    August 31, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Just wondering how your husband is doing. Prayers for him and the family.

Joan

260. 267 Diedre Rahn
    September 1, 2017 at 6:08 am

Lisa and family,
    Prayers from Minnesota that all goes well for you and Nick.
    Diedre

September 1, 2017 at 7:48 am

Hi Lisa, I checked your FB last night, and I was so glad to read that Nick is doing well. Big Hugs, Jakey

262. September 1, 2017 at 8:15 am

Praying for a great recovery! Sounds like he did ok with the surgery. My daughter has a tumor in same spot. After she had been married a couple of years, wanting to get pregnant they discovered it. Hormones are way out of whack. No surgery option for her, maybe it is still too small to bother with? Similar situation with weight gain etc. Hard as she works out, the weight just keeps climbing. 😦 I know how hard this is. Praying for you both.

263. 270 Becki Pender
    September 1, 2017 at 11:26 am

Lisa and Nick, prayers for you and the surgery and wishes for non complicated recovery. Becki from Mn

Sent from my iPhone