Sep

home now…

It was a busy last 3 days…the same day Nick had his surgery…”little mans” other granddad..(who he lovingly calls  Grumpy) was admitted into a different hospital with a tumor IN his pituitary gland (Nicks was by it)…wow…what is happening here??? I went home after Nick’s surgery at 7pm and took a two hour nap, then proceeded to binge watch on Netflix…til who knows when…I think I may be a still on west coast time…

I picked up the ‘little man on Wednesday and off we went to visit Papa and of course we had to get him a balloon…Nicks room was 50 degrees and dark as night…so lets just say it was very hard to visit long…let alone stitch while keeping him company…I was in and out of there all day…he just wanted to sleep…because they (nurses) were keeping him up every hour to do their jobs…I was there a couple of times but not for long…and he was happy just sleeping in his chill chamber…”Little man” spent the night with Mimi and it was nice to not be home alone…we had lots of fun…I caught a few pics…him and Jeter kissing after the bath…

Then we made popcorn and I could have watched those two together for hours while “little man” shared his popcorn with Jeter.  He hand fed him…one for me and one for Jeter…telling Jeter to “be gentle” while he placed the popcorn in his palm and Jeter then gently ate from it…good thing we made a big bowl…So back to Nick… today we heard from pathology that the tumor was NOT cancerous…I got called at 8 am to come pick him up…We left the hospital at 9:30 and came home…

We got to see what was under his leg bandage were they took muscle and fat to “fix” his nose where they entered to pull the tumor out…ouch!  I said…better on your leg than your head…he agreed.

I went to the pharmacy to get all the meds…I hope I can keep them all straight!!!

He needs to walk 15 minutes 5x a day- I walked with all the time but this time…but I still kept watch..…so while he was walking and I guess he needed to take a break out by the dock…his “happy” place.

I want to THANK ALL of you for all the thoughts, prayers and concern…The doc said the surgery could not have gone any better…hardly no bleeding, no loss of brain fluid…and he’s pretty sure he got it all as it was encapsulated..I think that means all in one piece…I also think this result was because of SO MANY of you all praying for us. Has to be…to have no complications at all??? None

I am sorry if I didn’t answer all the texts, calls or emails..I tried my best…and I know I missed a few…and sometimes I couldn’t remember who I talked to, there were so many…all a good thing…we appreciate it whole heartedly…

Now it is time to put on my “nurse hat” and take care of him…and those of you who know me well know that I’m not a very good nurse…but he said I was doing a good job so far…I’ve made some chicken soup…and went grocery shopping and can’t wait to hang out and make sure he gets better…he keeps asking me if I am going to my sewing room…I told him..”I will when I’m ready”…It has been weird not stitching for so many days…but I’m sure I’ll be back in the swing of things as soon as I get things situated and he is resting…

So please know all is well at the Bongean house…as of now.

Stitchers…I will be posting Triangle Gatherings soon…so get caught up as much as possible..

Thank you God for all these wonderful people you have put in our life…we are grateful beyond words…

all my best…Lisa

148 Responses to “home now…”

1. 1 Robyn Brown
    September 1, 2017 at 7:58 pm

So glad to hear this good news! Will continue to pray for speedy recovery.

2. 2 Tracy Petrykowski
    September 1, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for posting the update. Glad Nick is at home to recuperate. May the other Grandpa make a full recovery also.
    All the prayers Nick received is wonderful. God is Great!

3. 3 Jan Kitchen
    September 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Lisa, that is such good news. Thank you for sharing with us. God answered all those prayers!

4. 4 Penny A L Prichard
    September 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Thank God the tumor was benign. What a relief.

Love the pictures of your little guy and pup. It think maybe that kiss was the pup telling you that you’d missed a spit during the bath. Not to worry, Nanny pup took care of it.

Hope you are able to stitch soon. Take care of yourself too.

Penny

5. 5 Linda Davis
    September 1, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Thank you for the good news and Gods continued blessings for all of you.

6. 6 Carolyn Boutilier
    September 1, 2017 at 8:05 pm

So glad the surgery went well and no cancer.

September 1, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Lisa~
    So glad to hear the good diagnosis. I’m sure you were so relieved. Continued prayers for you, Nick and your family. Now you have the holiday weekend to get some extra needed rest too.

Life is good! Enjoy it!

8. 8 Linda Elliott
    September 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

God is so good! Thx for the update, and continue love and prayers for both, the nurse and the patient!🙏💕

9. 9 Alberta Bailie
    September 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm

How thankful we all are to the Lord for Nick’s so successful surgery. I agree all the prayers made a big difference. Loved reading your blog. It’s hard to be a guy’s nurse!! Sit near him and stitch -it really will settle you down!! Glad you had “little man”. We have forgotten his real name!! So cute!! Tell Nick we are still praying for his recovery to be quick.

10. 10 Joanne O
    September 1, 2017 at 8:10 pm

What great news! This has to be a huge relief for all of you. Good to see Nick up and walking around!

11. 11 gijane279-Liz
    September 1, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Praise God!!! Thank you for the update!

12. 12 Frances McGuinn
    September 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Prayers for you and your family.

13. 13 Patty
    September 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Xxso very happy for you two! Good wishes for “Grumpy” now… Little man is adorable!

14. 14 Sandi
    September 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

The entire quilting world has been praying for you and your family . as a cancer survivor I feel blessed by this news.

15. 15 Sara Rhodes
    September 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

So happy to hear the good news.

16. 16 Pam H
    September 1, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Happy tears for this news….thank you for updating us all. Praising God for His healing hands on Nick and continuing to pray that each day will bring steps in healing, strength and energy. 💕

17. 17 Leanne Mal
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Great news! Sending more prayers for fast healing.

18. 18 Michelle
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Great news, I will keep you both in my prayers. Michelle

19. 19 Beth Norris
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

So very thankful all went well! Thanks for letting us know. You all will remain in my thoughts

20. 20 Janan
    September 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

What a wonderful share! Glad to hear the good news. Praises be to God for healing for Nick. Continued prayers for all of you!

21. 21 Linda Smith
    September 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Thanks so much for the update! Best possible news!! Benign! Beautiful word!! Looks like getting him to follow orders may be challenging. Not a bad thing. We will continue to pray for healing and strength.

22. 22 Elaine Mirehouse Hoffarth
    September 1, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Take your time to take care of your hubby and yourself. We will wait patiently for our turn.

23. 23 Robin
    September 1, 2017 at 8:20 pm

So very glad to hear your good news! What a huge relief. I hope his recovery goes well and that he is back to his normal self soon!

Thanks for letting us know.

24. 24 Denise W
    September 1, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Wonderful News! Hope you both will be able to take it easy and enjoy the long weekend! Take Care!

25. 25 lorraine bujnowski
    September 1, 2017 at 8:21 pm

So happy to hear that everything went so well! My prayers and thoughts will continue for fast healing.
    Thank you for taking the time to update us.

26. September 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

So glad to hear all went well. I, too, have a “shadow” on my pituitary gland. Only being watched for now. No symptoms so maybe it really is “just a shadow”. Something tells me this type of tumor is more common than we realize. I’m sure he’ll be back to his old self soon and you’ll be back stitching up a storm. Just don’t call it “Harvey”. Hope to see you both during Fall Market and Festival in Houston. Again, glad everything is good.

27. 27 Carol joswick
    September 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

God bless you and Nick! Xoxo…..Jace is adorable…..

28. 28 Donna J Brewster
    September 1, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Thankful.

29. September 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Hugs from Southern Illinois,Nick get well soon, God is good, all the time, God is good. Getting caught up on my Triangle Gatherings and SBOW. Looking forward to my finishing kits. Take it easy and Lisa enjoy your down time at home, I’m sure that many of us have projects to fill in with while we patiently wait for the next TG blocks. I know I do for sure. Appreciate all that you do, will be visiting your booth in Paducah in a couple of weeks!!!

30. 30 Carol morrison
    September 1, 2017 at 8:29 pm

So good to hear, thanks for sharing….

31. 31 Sharon Gregorczyk
    September 1, 2017 at 8:30 pm

So happy things have gone well. Thank you for sharing a very personal time with us. Wishing only good things to come.

32. 32 Kathleen Matusek
    September 1, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Lisa so happy to hear about Nick. I will still hold you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how he is doing. We care for you both.

Grandkids sure are a gift from God, especially during the stressful times in our lives.

33. 33 Glenna D.
    September 1, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Thank you for the update, I am glad NIck’s surgery went well. Do NOT I repeat do NOT worry about triangle gatherings, we can catch up and wait and pray for both you and Nick. Just do what you need to do. Hugs

34. 34 Edith Gorzo
    September 1, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Glad things are going well. It takes us caregivers time to adjust when taking care of our loved ones, so we tend to “hover” until we are sure they are going to be good, and then we go to our sewing. Sending more prayers your way.

35. September 1, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Great to hear the good news! Don’t worry about triangles……..just find some peace with all that has happened. Wishing you and yours all the best. Happy Sewing Lisa

36. 36 Kathy h
    September 1, 2017 at 8:42 pm

So glad to hear your good news.

37. 37 Barbara G.
    September 1, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Wonderful good news. Wishing Nick a speedy recovery . Prayers still coming!!

38. 39 Sandi Andersen
    September 1, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Just knowing folks are praying for you can bring such peace and comfort. Been there, know that so well. I’m glad that the procedure went so smoothly. You all are blessed. Prayers of thanks for the doctors and nurses who took care of big man so the little man can enjoy time with his grandpa!

39. 40 Edie F
    September 1, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Lisa, thank you for the update on Nick. So grateful he is on the mend. God answers prayers. Don’t even think about the Triangle Gatherings right now. You have to be nursemaid so don’t worry about all of us. We are still praying for you and Nick and Grumpy. Hope Little Man’s other grandpa is doing well.

40. 41 Audrey Lamers
    September 1, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Such a scary few days, not just for you, but Nick too.
    Now, off to healing stitching and Fishing again!

41. 42 Candee Ferris
    September 1, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Thank you foir the update. Hugs to you both. I’ll keep praying for you and Grumpy, too. GOD has blessed you. Loved you lots!

42. 43 Elaine Hotra
    September 1, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing this happy news.

Sent from my iPhone

43. 44 Jamie
    September 1, 2017 at 9:15 pm

So glad for the good report.

44. 45 Laura Clever
    September 1, 2017 at 9:17 pm

God is good!

45. 46 Fran Meyers
    September 1, 2017 at 9:19 pm

I prayed for Nick & your family, I loved your post about how after 20 years you still ” want him”
    It was inspirational to me in so many ways, God is good & I am so happy for you 😍

46. September 1, 2017 at 9:21 pm

So glad to hear the good news. Let the healing begin.

47. 48 Mary Etherington
    September 1, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Tell Nick ‘hi’ from Country Threads! Tell him to rest and follow his nurse’s orders!

48. 49 Chris
    September 1, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Truly thankful all went well. Continuing to say a prayer for speedy recovery.

49. 50 Susan doe
    September 1, 2017 at 9:26 pm

So glad it was a good report and looks like a good recovery! Prayers answered the way we wanted!

50. 51 Maureen
    September 1, 2017 at 9:28 pm

So glad to hear that all went well.Prayers for “little man’s” other grandfather.

51. 52 Tina
    September 1, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Excellent, excellent news!!!! Hugs to you all!

52. 53 Susan Mattoon
    September 1, 2017 at 9:39 pm

So very glad to hear from you! How absolutely wonderful that things went so well. As one who nursed her husband off and on for 24 years you never are really the same after a scare like this. He will need some alone time to deal with his mortality and as most men don’t talk about things it is actually very helpful to encourage him to share how he’s feeling about all of this. It does bring you closer. Take all the time you need to return to stitching! I was happy to meet you when you taught at the Buggy Barn in Reardan, WA. Still love your stuff! Here’s to stitching! ❤️ Susan

September 1, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Glad to hear that Nick’s surgery went well. Both of you take time to recuperate. How did “little man’s” other granpa’s surgery go? Pray it went as well as Nick’s

September 1, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Well, reading this brought tears to my eyes. Tears of happiness for you and tears after reading the last sentence. All is well now. Hugs to you both.

September 1, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I kept checking your blog for an update. So glad to hear the good news.

56. 58 stephanie Woodward
    September 1, 2017 at 9:57 pm

I’m so happy for you. God is indeed the great healer.

57. September 1, 2017 at 10:02 pm

SUCH good news! I’m glad you didn’t have to be alone. What good company you had!
    All the best for you, nurse Lisa, as you care for your patient. Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

58. 60 Kathy Czuprynski
    September 1, 2017 at 10:05 pm

“Well encapsulated”. Such great news! Thoughts and prayers northward bound!

59. 61 Patricia Rosenbaum
    September 1, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Have been anxious to hear that all is well after Nick’s surgery. Thank God for His goodness in watching over all of you. Many prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

60. 62 see mary quilt
    September 1, 2017 at 10:14 pm

What wonderful news. Sending continued prayers for a quick recovery!

61. 63 Jacque
    September 1, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Wonderful news. God speed for a fast recovery.

62. 64 Stacy McDaniel
    September 1, 2017 at 10:18 pm

So glad the news was good and the big guy is home!! I’m sure everyone will feel better quicker at home!! Thanks for sharing the good news. Take care,
    Stacy

63. 65 LeAnn Keenan
    September 1, 2017 at 10:29 pm

So happy for your great results!! Be sure to take care of yourself as well.

64. 66 suejean1
    September 1, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Thank you Lisa for the update. So thankful that it is a good one. Love the photo of the little man and Jeter. So precious. Continued prayers for complete healing for Nick.

65. 67 Kathy Santo
    September 1, 2017 at 10:42 pm

God Bless, from one Mimi to another

66. 68 Kyla Wilson
    September 1, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for the update! So thankful the surgery went well and Nick is home. Praying for a speedy recovery!

67. 69 Leigh Ann
    September 1, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Thank God!! Keep up that great nurse work- it comes from the heart & its obvious you love him!! Get better fast Nick!!

68. 70 Frsn
    September 1, 2017 at 11:01 pm

I think we’ve all been waiting for this update. I’m so happy to hear such good news
    Take your time and take good care of Nick. We will all be waiting and standing by until you’re ready to resume triangles and blockheads.
    Right now he should be your first priority.
    God bless you both.

69. September 1, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Oh Lisa! What an ordeal! I was grinding my teeth while reading! Thank God everything has turned out well. I am so happy.

Love,
    Mary in Texas

70. 72 Diane Schroedrr
    September 1, 2017 at 11:08 pm

Encapsulated does mean all together, and it also means no spreading outside of the capsule. Fantastic best news, not cancerous and no other signs of growth or spreading. Does not get any better than that! Life is good, God is great! Continued prayers for speedy, uneventful recovery!

71. 73 Shannon White
    September 1, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Oh Lisa so glad things went so well. You have a beautiful place for walking it looks like and the chicken soup sounds delish. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I just want you to know how much I enjoyed hanging out with you last weekend and sharing your trunk show and opening up and telling us the story of your son, Lance. He sounds like the best son a mom could ever had. I had no idea that you had gone through something so difficult. Yours and his story is my story too now. On Saturday morning I got the word that my little sister had overdosed on a combination of medications. A subject we were just talking about on Thursday evening. You just never know what one is going through. We have kind of felt there have been something’s that just didn’t seem right with her. She is in critical condition breathing with the help of a vent and well sedated. She doesn’t know when we are there. While she was in her deep, deep sleep she vomited and aspirated it all in her lungs. They figure she had gone without oxegyen for about 2 1/2 hours which has affected her kidneys and liver. She started kidney dialysis yesterday but the lungs to it the hardest. That acid has just burned. Hopefully they will start seeing some improvement. QWe found out today she definately has brain damage. Her recovery is going to be a very long process, but we know she is not out of the woods either. And there is that possibility of death. We will take one day at a time. Once again thank you for helping me to understand just how much is out there. You really opened my eyes to see that there are the same problem in every family. Thanks for listing to me vent. I hope everything continues go well for you and Nick. He has one of the cutest nurses taking care of him! Love, Shannon White

Sent from my iPad

72. 74 Kathryn L Casavant
    September 1, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Will keep you both in my prayers! So glad all is going so well.

73. 75 Peggy Hazell
    September 1, 2017 at 11:32 pm

So happy that Nick is doing well and is resting at home. I will keep you both in my prayers! Thanks for all you do, Lisa!

74. 76 Charmaine
    September 1, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Praise God for answering so many prayers! Now we’ll pray for Grumpy to have a good outcome too. Little man is just adorable! Thank you for sharing your good news with us😊

75. 77 wendy held
    September 2, 2017 at 12:08 am

So glad everything turned out so good for Nick!!! See you guys at the next show!!!!

September 2, 2017 at 12:12 am

Hi Lisa, so glad Nick is up and walking, and that all went well. I will hope the same for little man’s other grandpa too. Nursing is challenging… just ask Nurse Ratchet… you’ll be fine, just breathe and stitch. Hugs, Jakey

77. 79 Pris Phillips
    September 2, 2017 at 12:13 am

Thank you for the update Lisa! What a wonderful report!! Thanking God for Nick’s surgery outcome being so perfect… wow! Thank you Jesus! Blessings to you all! Oh and the pictures of lil man sharing with your dog are precious!! ❤️

78. September 2, 2017 at 1:05 am

I was thinking of you and glad to get this update! May God grant a full recovery!!! and give you peace in the process!

79. 81 Gean Armour
    September 2, 2017 at 1:59 am

I’m glad every thing went well.? My brother went in for his physical and had labs done. Later that day his dr called and said the dr wants to go over his labs. So they went back and was told his liver enzymes were elevated and they wanted to know what was going on so he went and had an ultrasound. Th dr. Said they saw something so he went to have Ct scan and it showed a tumor 8cm on his right kidney. They scheduled an MRI 2 days later and it showed a 4mm nodule on his right lung. He got 3 opinions his Dr. said just take the tumor out. His surgeon said no take your whole kidney out. He had a different opinion at a completely different hospital and he said take the whole kidney out. You can life fine with one so they scheduled surgery Nov 8 I guess it’s a slow growing tumor and he’ll be fine. I told him to try and get it done sooner. Go in fine and come out screwed up. I’m glad Nicks turned out ok. ok.

80. September 2, 2017 at 2:05 am

So good to read this, so happy for you that it all went they way it did. Now for the healing. TLC and time. And chicken soup, oh yes. Best wishes from The Netherlands.

81. 83 Mary Wright
    September 2, 2017 at 3:29 am

Wonderful that he is home and it is over!

82. 84 Judith Nuno
    September 2, 2017 at 3:47 am

Sending prayers – glad you are home! thanks for all you do for us quilters “out here.”

83. 85 Kathleen Winslow
    September 2, 2017 at 4:39 am

Thanks for keeping us posted. Seems as if you are a part of my day even though it is just thru tthe stitches on my quilts and the magic of this thing I hold in my hands. Still praying. Rehab is not always easy. You do for Nick and yours. I’ll wait forever for those quilt blocks. I could make a beautiful quilt right now if you said “I’m done” or next block in six months when I’m done traveling and my mind settles. You don’t have to be superwoman! Hugs
    Kathleen in ohio

84. 86 Susan Denardo
    September 2, 2017 at 5:05 am

So glad to hear all is well. Prsyers.

85. 87 quilter44
    September 2, 2017 at 5:26 am

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. I have never met Nick but can tell from what you post that he is a great guy. Healing hugs for Nick sent your way.

86. September 2, 2017 at 5:49 am

We are sooooo happy all went well. God has worked his miracle! Now… it’s also important for the “care-giver” to get some rest also and to NOT feel GUILTY about taking it easy with your man! All will be good. Remember…. all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call! Hugs…. Gloria, Vicky & Heather

87. 89 Sue H
    September 2, 2017 at 5:49 am

Great news! There are a lot of us out here that have thinking about your family and praying for them. So glad all is going so well. Hang in there because he’s going to need rest … and so do you! Peace!

88. 90 Ethelann Wood
    September 2, 2017 at 5:52 am

So grateful for wonderful news!!!

89. 91 Nancy pleimann
    September 2, 2017 at 6:16 am

Thanks for letting us know. Best thing is great news.

90. 92 Rose Dillon
    September 2, 2017 at 6:36 am

You both have been on my mind and in my prayers! God bless you and I pray for continued healing!🙏😇

91. 93 Judy Davis
    September 2, 2017 at 6:43 am

Great news! Happy to hear he is doing well. hang in there!

92. 94 Sharon Bochmann
    September 2, 2017 at 6:45 am

Praising God for answered prayers! So much love to you and your family 💕

93. 95 Julie Green
    September 2, 2017 at 6:47 am

So happy all is going well for Nick and yourself !

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

> lisabongean posted: “It was a busy last 3 days…the same day Nick had his > surgery…”little mans” other granddad..(who he lovingly calls Grumpy) was > admitted into a different hospital with a tumor IN his pituitary gland > (Nicks was by it)…wow…what is happening here??? I ” >

94. 96 Sharon Simmons
    September 2, 2017 at 6:48 am

What a blessing from God! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    So happy for your family!

95. 97 Sandie
    September 2, 2017 at 7:01 am

So very glad to wake up to this update! I know there were many of us sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

96. 98 crowcabincreations
    September 2, 2017 at 7:22 am

So glad to hear your hubby is on the mend. Continued prayers for his full recovery.

97. 99 Pat Oster
    September 2, 2017 at 7:32 am

Great news! Prayers continuing.

98. 100 Barbara Bee
    September 2, 2017 at 7:43 am

Thinking and praying for you and your family!

99. 101 Barbara F.
    September 2, 2017 at 8:16 am

Happy to hear all is well. Continuing to send prayers for Nick’s recovery.

100. 102 Judith Ebbert
    September 2, 2017 at 8:29 am

Great news. Prayer helps. On another note, wanted the recipe for Pene Rosa and there it was in your blog. Thank you. One of our favorites!

• 103 Lou Ann Johnston
      September 2, 2017 at 8:46 am

Thank you for letting us know how you r family is doing. So thankful for the good outcome of Nick’s surgery and continued prayers during his recovery.

101. September 2, 2017 at 8:56 am

What a blessing! happy Recovery time ! Your quilting will be there and we can wait

102. 105 Joan Harding
    September 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

God is good!

103. 106 Tracey
    September 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

Awesome to hear that things went well and that Nick is on the mend.

104. 107 Brenda Huffman
    September 2, 2017 at 9:06 am

So happy to hear the good news about Nick and I’m so happy the surgery went well! Thanks for the update.
    Take a deep breath!!

105. 108 Elizabeth Jonas
    September 2, 2017 at 9:07 am

Looks like Gods hands were all over this! Happy recovery!

106. 109 Donna Tirpak
    September 2, 2017 at 9:22 am

PRAISE GOD! Will continue to Pray for smooth, uncomplicated healing. Thank you for taking time to give us updates.

Sent from my iPad

107. 110 Pat Spurgeon
    September 2, 2017 at 9:28 am

Good news! Here’s to a speedy recovery.

108. 111 Rita
    September 2, 2017 at 9:40 am

That is so AWESOME!!! Prayers for you both!!!

109. 112 Pat Clark
    September 2, 2017 at 9:53 am

I was praying for you both. So glad things are looking good. Stay well. Pat Clark

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

110. 113 Claire
    September 2, 2017 at 9:58 am

Well isn’t that just the best news! I am sure you are so relieved to have this behind you. Hope his recovery goes just as smoothly and also hoping for good results for Grumpy. That is so strange to have this happen to both of them at the same time. I am glad you had your little guy with you to help. Sending wishes for good health to all of you!

111. 114 Diane Poirier
    September 2, 2017 at 9:59 am

So glad to hear all went well. Make sure to take care of yourself.

112. 115 pegvoluntr@aol.com
    September 2, 2017 at 10:23 am

So pleased to hear it is all going well.

Peg Larson

pegvoluntr@aol.com

920-231-3005 (home)

920-420-1482 (cell)

113. 116 Hildy
    September 2, 2017 at 11:01 am

I’m glad the surgery went well and it wasn’t the big C. All the best for Grumpy.

114. 117 Jackie Roisler
    September 2, 2017 at 11:17 am

Appreciate your Nick update, my thoughts and prayers will continue. Please take care of you, too. {{Hug}}

115. 118 Trish Madrid
    September 2, 2017 at 11:17 am

so happy all went well and God heard all the wonderful prayers, all my best for you and your family….

116. 119 Paula
    September 2, 2017 at 11:21 am

Great news! Continued prayers for you, Nick, the little man’s other grandfather and the whole Bongean family.

117. 120 Lissa Rogers
    September 2, 2017 at 11:40 am

Great news! Prayers are heard and answered! Your little guy is too cute!!!

118. 121 hilary field
    September 2, 2017 at 12:00 pm

So happy all went well ,Hilary

Sent from my iPhone

119. 122 Anita Tuttle
    September 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm

So happy about your good news! You & Nick will still be in our prayers until all is well. Good job!🦋🌺🌸👍

120. September 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for updating us! I was thinking about you guys all week. So glad he is on the mend!

121. 124 Dennis
    September 2, 2017 at 12:13 pm

This is very good news. Prayers will continue until all is well.

Sent from my iPad

122. 125 Patricia Wiggs
    September 2, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Hope healing & recovery continues great- for both -scary process but a good outcome! Thoughts & prayers continue.

123. 126 Valerie Geib
    September 2, 2017 at 1:21 pm

So thankful Nick is doing well! Prayers continuing for you both!

124. 127 Janice Behn
    September 2, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Praise the Lord for the good news!

125. 128 krismichk9
    September 2, 2017 at 1:35 pm

So glad everything went well!

126. 129 Sandy D'Angelo
    September 2, 2017 at 1:35 pm

I am so relieved that he can now get back to normal. We were all so worried. Now you can relax a bit.

127. 130 Dixie M
    September 2, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Happy to hear all went well … pray the results are the same for the other grandpa! Just goes to show we need to practice thanks, kindness as well as appreciation for all we have ….. life is full of curves & things can quickly change. Thoughts & prayers continue for all of you & yours.

128. 131 Colleen Coffman
    September 2, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Thank the Lord! Been praying for you all. So relieved to hear that Nick is okay. You two are such amazing people, thank you for all you do for us!

129. 132 Janet maly
    September 2, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Hugs and prayers and love !! To the whole family and Nick !!

130. September 2, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Our God is so Good, I will keep both of you in my prayers!

131. 135 dianne61
    September 2, 2017 at 5:33 pm

God does wonderful things when we allow Him to work in our lives. Blessings to y’all. We all appreciate the to.e you give us and the patience we gained will be worth the wait Lisa. God first, family next, and the rest will be taken care of…called priorities.😘

132. 136 Sandra Wilcox
    September 2, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Lisa, so glad to hear all of this. It seems that Nick has had the best possible outcome! I’m so happy for all of you that I’m actually a little teary! Be well, take care of each other, and take time to cherish each other as well.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

133. 137 Lisa Smith
    September 2, 2017 at 6:51 pm

So happy for you and Nick! I’m doing the same thing – playing nurse to my partner after her lumbar spine fusion on Wednesday!

134. 138 Lori Albrechtsen
    September 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Lisa, I love love love this post! Thanks for the update and telling us all the wonderful good things that are happening. There are so many blessings in trials and it looks like this one has been best case scenario. You two are very blessed and you have so many people that love you guys. Keep us all posted and relax and just enjoy being together. 💕

135. 139 kshackabq
    September 2, 2017 at 7:39 pm

So glad for this wonderful outcome. Thank God!

136. 140 Elizabeth Armstrong
    September 2, 2017 at 8:22 pm

You and Nick have given so much to the quilting world you deserve every bit of gratitude and prayers from all of us who have been followers of the Primitive Gathering family. Yes the power of prayer is true and the receiver and giver seem to both have that feeling of someone watching overall and caring. Thanks for being the kind and nice people you are. God’s blessings upon your family. Fondly, Liz A.

137. 141 Gwen Wehner
    September 3, 2017 at 10:10 am

Great news! Prayers will continue…make a spreadsheet to track meds if necessary!

138. 142 claude horton
    September 3, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Peace,Pray&Love………NancyH😍

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

139. 143 Cathy
    September 3, 2017 at 4:42 pm

So glad to see him up & about and even better yet that his tumor was benign. So strange the coincidence with little mans other Grampa. Prayers and blessings going out to him also.

140. 144 Joan Lesmeister
    September 3, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Thank you for sharing, I believe it’s important to be aware of what can be happening to our bodies, seems like always when we least expect it! Prayers continue for your family. Love your work, soon you’ll feel like your old self too!

141. 145 Brenda Kowalski
    September 4, 2017 at 10:00 am

Wow Lisa, so sorry to hear all that’s going on in your family. So happy to hear that everything went well for Nick. How scary. And how strange that “little mans” other grandad has a tumor in his pituitary gland as well. Praying that all goes well for him too.

142. 146 Cathy
    September 5, 2017 at 1:08 am

Wonderful results! Wishing him a speedy recovery so that his nurse can maintain her sanity!

143. 147 Ann Wendinger
    September 6, 2017 at 7:35 am

Thoughts and prayers continue for Nick and hIs caregiver. Difficult journey. Stay strong. Sincerely, Ann Wendinger Sewing Seeds Quilt Co., New Ulm, MN