Sep

home now…

It was a busy last 3 days…the same day Nick had his surgery…”little mans” other granddad..(who he lovingly calls  Grumpy) was admitted into a different hospital with a tumor IN his pituitary gland (Nicks was by it)…wow…what is happening here??? I went home after Nick’s surgery at 7pm and took a two hour nap, then proceeded to binge watch on Netflix…til who knows when…I think I may be a still on west coast time…

I picked up the ‘little man on Wednesday and off we went to visit Papa and of course we had to get him a balloon…Nicks room was 50 degrees and dark as night…so lets just say it was very hard to visit long…let alone stitch while keeping him company…I was in and out of there all day…he just wanted to sleep…because they (nurses) were keeping him up every hour to do their jobs…I was there a couple of times but not for long…and he was happy just sleeping in his chill chamber…”Little man” spent the night with Mimi and it was nice to not be home alone…we had lots of fun…I caught a few pics…him and Jeter kissing after the bath…

Then we made popcorn and I could have watched those two together for hours while “little man” shared his popcorn with Jeter.  He hand fed him…one for me and one for Jeter…telling Jeter to “be gentle” while he placed the popcorn in his palm and Jeter then gently ate from it…good thing we made a big bowl…So back to Nick… today we heard from pathology that the tumor was NOT cancerous…I got called at 8 am to come pick him up…We left the hospital at 9:30 and came home…

We got to see what was under his leg bandage were they took muscle and fat to “fix” his nose where they entered to pull the tumor out…ouch!  I said…better on your leg than your head…he agreed.

I went to the pharmacy to get all the meds…I hope I can keep them all straight!!!

He needs to walk 15 minutes 5x a day- I walked with all the time but this time…but I still kept watch..…so while he was walking and I guess he needed to take a break out by the dock…his “happy” place.

I want to THANK ALL of you for all the thoughts, prayers and concern…The doc said the surgery could not have gone any better…hardly no bleeding, no loss of brain fluid…and he’s pretty sure he got it all as it was encapsulated..I think that means all in one piece…I also think this result was because of SO MANY of you all praying for us. Has to be…to have no complications at all??? None

I am sorry if I didn’t answer all the texts, calls or emails..I tried my best…and I know I missed a few…and sometimes I couldn’t remember who I talked to, there were so many…all a good thing…we appreciate it whole heartedly…

Now it is time to put on my “nurse hat” and take care of him…and those of you who know me well know that I’m not a very good nurse…but he said I was doing a good job so far…I’ve made some chicken soup…and went grocery shopping and can’t wait to hang out and make sure he gets better…he keeps asking me if I am going to my sewing room…I told him..”I will when I’m ready”…It has been weird not stitching for so many days…but I’m sure I’ll be back in the swing of things as soon as I get things situated and he is resting…

So please know all is well at the Bongean house…as of now.

Stitchers…I will be posting Triangle Gatherings soon…so get caught up as much as possible..

Thank you God for all these wonderful people you have put in our life…we are grateful beyond words…

all my best…Lisa

96 Responses to “home now…”

1. 1 Robyn Brown
    September 1, 2017 at 7:58 pm

So glad to hear this good news! Will continue to pray for speedy recovery.

2. 2 Tracy Petrykowski
    September 1, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for posting the update. Glad Nick is at home to recuperate. May the other Grandpa make a full recovery also.
    All the prayers Nick received is wonderful. God is Great!

3. 3 Jan Kitchen
    September 1, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Lisa, that is such good news. Thank you for sharing with us. God answered all those prayers!

4. 4 Linda Davis
    September 1, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Thank you for the good news and Gods continued blessings for all of you.

5. 5 Carolyn Boutilier
    September 1, 2017 at 8:05 pm

So glad the surgery went well and no cancer.

September 1, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Lisa~
    So glad to hear the good diagnosis. I’m sure you were so relieved. Continued prayers for you, Nick and your family. Now you have the holiday weekend to get some extra needed rest too.

Life is good! Enjoy it!

7. 7 Linda Elliott
    September 1, 2017 at 8:08 pm

God is so good! Thx for the update, and continue love and prayers for both, the nurse and the patient!🙏💕

8. 8 Alberta Bailie
    September 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm

How thankful we all are to the Lord for Nick’s so successful surgery. I agree all the prayers made a big difference. Loved reading your blog. It’s hard to be a guy’s nurse!! Sit near him and stitch -it really will settle you down!! Glad you had “little man”. We have forgotten his real name!! So cute!! Tell Nick we are still praying for his recovery to be quick.

9. 9 gijane279-Liz
    September 1, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Praise God!!! Thank you for the update!

10. 10 Frances McGuinn
    September 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Prayers for you and your family.

11. 11 Patty
    September 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Xxso very happy for you two! Good wishes for “Grumpy” now… Little man is adorable!

12. 12 Sara Rhodes
    September 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm

So happy to hear the good news.

13. 13 Pam H
    September 1, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Happy tears for this news….thank you for updating us all. Praising God for His healing hands on Nick and continuing to pray that each day will bring steps in healing, strength and energy. 💕

14. 14 Leanne Mal
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Great news! Sending more prayers for fast healing.

15. 15 Michelle
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Great news, I will keep you both in my prayers. Michelle

16. 16 Beth Norris
    September 1, 2017 at 8:15 pm

So very thankful all went well! Thanks for letting us know. You all will remain in my thoughts

17. 17 Janan
    September 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

What a wonderful share! Glad to hear the good news. Praises be to God for healing for Nick. Continued prayers for all of you!

18. 18 Linda Smith
    September 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Thanks so much for the update! Best possible news!! Benign! Beautiful word!! Looks like getting him to follow orders may be challenging. Not a bad thing. We will continue to pray for healing and strength.

19. 19 Denise W
    September 1, 2017 at 8:21 pm

Wonderful News! Hope you both will be able to take it easy and enjoy the long weekend! Take Care!

20. 20 lorraine bujnowski
    September 1, 2017 at 8:21 pm

So happy to hear that everything went so well! My prayers and thoughts will continue for fast healing.
    Thank you for taking the time to update us.

21. 21 Carol joswick
    September 1, 2017 at 8:25 pm

God bless you and Nick! Xoxo…..Jace is adorable…..

22. 22 Donna J Brewster
    September 1, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Thankful.

23. September 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Hugs from Southern Illinois,Nick get well soon, God is good, all the time, God is good. Getting caught up on my Triangle Gatherings and SBOW. Looking forward to my finishing kits. Take it easy and Lisa enjoy your down time at home, I’m sure that many of us have projects to fill in with while we patiently wait for the next TG blocks. I know I do for sure. Appreciate all that you do, will be visiting your booth in Paducah in a couple of weeks!!!

24. 24 Sharon Gregorczyk
    September 1, 2017 at 8:30 pm

So happy things have gone well. Thank you for sharing a very personal time with us. Wishing only good things to come.

25. 25 Kathleen Matusek
    September 1, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Lisa so happy to hear about Nick. I will still hold you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how he is doing. We care for you both.

Grandkids sure are a gift from God, especially during the stressful times in our lives.

26. 26 Glenna D.
    September 1, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Thank you for the update, I am glad NIck’s surgery went well. Do NOT I repeat do NOT worry about triangle gatherings, we can catch up and wait and pray for both you and Nick. Just do what you need to do. Hugs

27. September 1, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Great to hear the good news! Don’t worry about triangles……..just find some peace with all that has happened. Wishing you and yours all the best. Happy Sewing Lisa

28. 28 Kathy h
    September 1, 2017 at 8:42 pm

So glad to hear your good news.

29. 29 Barbara G.
    September 1, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Wonderful good news. Wishing Nick a speedy recovery . Prayers still coming!!

30. 30 Elaine Hotra
    September 1, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing this happy news.

Sent from my iPhone

31. 31 Jamie
    September 1, 2017 at 9:15 pm

So glad for the good report.

32. 32 Fran Meyers
    September 1, 2017 at 9:19 pm

I prayed for Nick & your family, I loved your post about how after 20 years you still ” want him”
    It was inspirational to me in so many ways, God is good & I am so happy for you 😍

33. 33 Susan doe
    September 1, 2017 at 9:26 pm

So glad it was a good report and looks like a good recovery! Prayers answered the way we wanted!

34. 34 Maureen
    September 1, 2017 at 9:28 pm

So glad to hear that all went well.Prayers for “little man’s” other grandfather.

35. 35 Tina
    September 1, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Excellent, excellent news!!!! Hugs to you all!

36. 36 Susan Mattoon
    September 1, 2017 at 9:39 pm

So very glad to hear from you! How absolutely wonderful that things went so well. As one who nursed her husband off and on for 24 years you never are really the same after a scare like this. He will need some alone time to deal with his mortality and as most men don’t talk about things it is actually very helpful to encourage him to share how he’s feeling about all of this. It does bring you closer. Take all the time you need to return to stitching! I was happy to meet you when you taught at the Buggy Barn in Reardan, WA. Still love your stuff! Here’s to stitching! ❤️ Susan

September 1, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Glad to hear that Nick’s surgery went well. Both of you take time to recuperate. How did “little man’s” other granpa’s surgery go? Pray it went as well as Nick’s

September 1, 2017 at 9:51 pm

Well, reading this brought tears to my eyes. Tears of happiness for you and tears after reading the last sentence. All is well now. Hugs to you both.

September 1, 2017 at 9:53 pm

I kept checking your blog for an update. So glad to hear the good news.

40. 41 stephanie Woodward
    September 1, 2017 at 9:57 pm

I’m so happy for you. God is indeed the great healer.

41. September 1, 2017 at 10:02 pm

SUCH good news! I’m glad you didn’t have to be alone. What good company you had!
    All the best for you, nurse Lisa, as you care for your patient. Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

42. 43 Kathy Czuprynski
    September 1, 2017 at 10:05 pm

“Well encapsulated”. Such great news! Thoughts and prayers northward bound!

43. 44 Patricia Rosenbaum
    September 1, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Have been anxious to hear that all is well after Nick’s surgery. Thank God for His goodness in watching over all of you. Many prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

44. 45 Jacque
    September 1, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Wonderful news. God speed for a fast recovery.

45. 46 Stacy McDaniel
    September 1, 2017 at 10:18 pm

So glad the news was good and the big guy is home!! I’m sure everyone will feel better quicker at home!! Thanks for sharing the good news. Take care,
    Stacy

46. 47 suejean1
    September 1, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Thank you Lisa for the update. So thankful that it is a good one. Love the photo of the little man and Jeter. So precious. Continued prayers for complete healing for Nick.

47. 48 Kathy Santo
    September 1, 2017 at 10:42 pm

God Bless, from one Mimi to another

48. 49 Kyla Wilson
    September 1, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Thank you for the update! So thankful the surgery went well and Nick is home. Praying for a speedy recovery!

49. 50 Leigh Ann
    September 1, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Thank God!! Keep up that great nurse work- it comes from the heart & its obvious you love him!! Get better fast Nick!!

50. 51 Peggy Hazell
    September 1, 2017 at 11:32 pm

So happy that Nick is doing well and is resting at home. I will keep you both in my prayers! Thanks for all you do, Lisa!

51. 52 Charmaine
    September 1, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Praise God for answering so many prayers! Now we’ll pray for Grumpy to have a good outcome too. Little man is just adorable! Thank you for sharing your good news with us😊

52. 53 wendy held
    September 2, 2017 at 12:08 am

So glad everything turned out so good for Nick!!! See you guys at the next show!!!!

September 2, 2017 at 12:12 am

Hi Lisa, so glad Nick is up and walking, and that all went well. I will hope the same for little man’s other grandpa too. Nursing is challenging… just ask Nurse Ratchet… you’ll be fine, just breathe and stitch. Hugs, Jakey

54. 55 Pris Phillips
    September 2, 2017 at 12:13 am

Thank you for the update Lisa! What a wonderful report!! Thanking God for Nick’s surgery outcome being so perfect… wow! Thank you Jesus! Blessings to you all! Oh and the pictures of lil man sharing with your dog are precious!! ❤️

55. September 2, 2017 at 2:05 am

So good to read this, so happy for you that it all went they way it did. Now for the healing. TLC and time. And chicken soup, oh yes. Best wishes from The Netherlands.

56. 57 Kathleen Winslow
    September 2, 2017 at 4:39 am

Thanks for keeping us posted. Seems as if you are a part of my day even though it is just thru tthe stitches on my quilts and the magic of this thing I hold in my hands. Still praying. Rehab is not always easy. You do for Nick and yours. I’ll wait forever for those quilt blocks. I could make a beautiful quilt right now if you said “I’m done” or next block in six months when I’m done traveling and my mind settles. You don’t have to be superwoman! Hugs
    Kathleen in ohio

57. 58 quilter44
    September 2, 2017 at 5:26 am

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. I have never met Nick but can tell from what you post that he is a great guy. Healing hugs for Nick sent your way.

58. September 2, 2017 at 5:49 am

We are sooooo happy all went well. God has worked his miracle! Now… it’s also important for the “care-giver” to get some rest also and to NOT feel GUILTY about taking it easy with your man! All will be good. Remember…. all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call! Hugs…. Gloria, Vicky & Heather

59. 60 Sue H
    September 2, 2017 at 5:49 am

Great news! There are a lot of us out here that have thinking about your family and praying for them. So glad all is going so well. Hang in there because he’s going to need rest … and so do you! Peace!

60. 61 Ethelann Wood
    September 2, 2017 at 5:52 am

So grateful for wonderful news!!!

61. 62 Nancy pleimann
    September 2, 2017 at 6:16 am

Thanks for letting us know. Best thing is great news.

62. 63 Judy Davis
    September 2, 2017 at 6:43 am

Great news! Happy to hear he is doing well. hang in there!

63. 64 Sharon Bochmann
    September 2, 2017 at 6:45 am

Praising God for answered prayers! So much love to you and your family 💕

64. 65 Julie Green
    September 2, 2017 at 6:47 am

So happy all is going well for Nick and yourself !

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

> lisabongean posted: “It was a busy last 3 days…the same day Nick had his > surgery…”little mans” other granddad..(who he lovingly calls Grumpy) was > admitted into a different hospital with a tumor IN his pituitary gland > (Nicks was by it)…wow…what is happening here??? I ” >

65. 66 Sandie
    September 2, 2017 at 7:01 am

So very glad to wake up to this update! I know there were many of us sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

66. 67 crowcabincreations
    September 2, 2017 at 7:22 am

So glad to hear your hubby is on the mend. Continued prayers for his full recovery.

67. 68 Pat Oster
    September 2, 2017 at 7:32 am

Great news! Prayers continuing.

68. 69 Barbara F.
    September 2, 2017 at 8:16 am

Happy to hear all is well. Continuing to send prayers for Nick’s recovery.

69. 70 Judith Ebbert
    September 2, 2017 at 8:29 am

Great news. Prayer helps. On another note, wanted the recipe for Pene Rosa and there it was in your blog. Thank you. One of our favorites!

70. 71 Joan Harding
    September 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

God is good!

71. 72 Tracey
    September 2, 2017 at 8:58 am

Awesome to hear that things went well and that Nick is on the mend.

72. 73 Brenda Huffman
    September 2, 2017 at 9:06 am

So happy to hear the good news about Nick and I’m so happy the surgery went well! Thanks for the update.
    Take a deep breath!!

73. 74 Elizabeth Jonas
    September 2, 2017 at 9:07 am

Looks like Gods hands were all over this! Happy recovery!

74. 75 Donna Tirpak
    September 2, 2017 at 9:22 am

PRAISE GOD! Will continue to Pray for smooth, uncomplicated healing. Thank you for taking time to give us updates.

Sent from my iPad

75. 76 Claire
    September 2, 2017 at 9:58 am

Well isn’t that just the best news! I am sure you are so relieved to have this behind you. Hope his recovery goes just as smoothly and also hoping for good results for Grumpy. That is so strange to have this happen to both of them at the same time. I am glad you had your little guy with you to help. Sending wishes for good health to all of you!

76. 77 Hildy
    September 2, 2017 at 11:01 am

I’m glad the surgery went well and it wasn’t the big C. All the best for Grumpy.

77. 78 Jackie Roisler
    September 2, 2017 at 11:17 am

Appreciate your Nick update, my thoughts and prayers will continue. Please take care of you, too. {{Hug}}

78. 79 Paula
    September 2, 2017 at 11:21 am

Great news! Continued prayers for you, Nick, the little man’s other grandfather and the whole Bongean family.

79. 80 Lissa Rogers
    September 2, 2017 at 11:40 am

Great news! Prayers are heard and answered! Your little guy is too cute!!!

80. September 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for updating us! I was thinking about you guys all week. So glad he is on the mend!

81. 82 Patricia Wiggs
    September 2, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Hope healing & recovery continues great- for both -scary process but a good outcome! Thoughts & prayers continue.

82. 83 Valerie Geib
    September 2, 2017 at 1:21 pm

So thankful Nick is doing well! Prayers continuing for you both!

83. 84 krismichk9
    September 2, 2017 at 1:35 pm

So glad everything went well!

84. 85 Colleen Coffman
    September 2, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Thank the Lord! Been praying for you all. So relieved to hear that Nick is okay. You two are such amazing people, thank you for all you do for us!

85. 86 Janet maly
    September 2, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Hugs and prayers and love !! To the whole family and Nick !!

86. September 2, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Our God is so Good, I will keep both of you in my prayers!

87. 89 dianne61
    September 2, 2017 at 5:33 pm

God does wonderful things when we allow Him to work in our lives. Blessings to y’all. We all appreciate the to.e you give us and the patience we gained will be worth the wait Lisa. God first, family next, and the rest will be taken care of…called priorities.😘

88. 90 Sandra Wilcox
    September 2, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Lisa, so glad to hear all of this. It seems that Nick has had the best possible outcome! I’m so happy for all of you that I’m actually a little teary! Be well, take care of each other, and take time to cherish each other as well.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

89. 91 kshackabq
    September 2, 2017 at 7:39 pm

So glad for this wonderful outcome. Thank God!

90. 92 Elizabeth Armstrong
    September 2, 2017 at 8:22 pm

You and Nick have given so much to the quilting world you deserve every bit of gratitude and prayers from all of us who have been followers of the Primitive Gathering family. Yes the power of prayer is true and the receiver and giver seem to both have that feeling of someone watching overall and caring. Thanks for being the kind and nice people you are. God’s blessings upon your family. Fondly, Liz A.

91. 93 claude horton
    September 3, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Peace,Pray&Love………NancyH😍

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Lisa Bongean’s Weblog wrote:

92. 94 Cathy
    September 3, 2017 at 4:42 pm

So glad to see him up & about and even better yet that his tumor was benign. So strange the coincidence with little mans other Grampa. Prayers and blessings going out to him also.

93. 95 Brenda Kowalski
    September 4, 2017 at 10:00 am

Wow Lisa, so sorry to hear all that’s going on in your family. So happy to hear that everything went well for Nick. How scary. And how strange that “little mans” other grandad has a tumor in his pituitary gland as well. Praying that all goes well for him too.

94. 96 Ann Wendinger
    September 6, 2017 at 7:35 am

Thoughts and prayers continue for Nick and hIs caregiver. Difficult journey. Stay strong. Sincerely, Ann Wendinger Sewing Seeds Quilt Co., New Ulm, MN