2017 Needful Things…Day 11

Fabric… Fabric… Fabric

One never can have enough…

Today’s post is about these cute little fabric bundles…these make the perfect stash builders, little gifts for that someone who does something special for you, I could go on and on about who you can give them too and for many reasons…Try this… at your guild meeting or quilt group or class… just go up and introduce yourself to someone new and hand them a little fabric bundle…they may turn out to be lifetime quilting friends…and after this last month with the amount of Quilter’s I have had the privilege to spend time with…they are all blessings…we get each other, we have basically the same problems and you can never have enough friends…but back to the fabric…

We have bundled together some fabric….Fat 1/8 Bundles consist of 6- 9″x21″ fabrics. Bundles are reg. $9.00 on sale for $7.00!!!!

Each Bundle will be a variety of colors or a color theme…but most have assorted…

We have three different categories of bundles for you to choose from…

1-Reproduction

2-Modern- In this category you have a choice of…. Prints, Solids & Grunge using the website drop down choices.

3-Primitive Gatherings fabric…

As you can see we have endless possibilities, but the point to all this is..convenience and sometimes we need a little bit of fresh new fabric to add to the collection!

Jess sent me a little blurb from the shop girls who bundles and pick your bundle for shipping….While we know that you would love to pick your colors, all of our bundles are different!  Trust us, when we pick them out for you, you won’t be disappointed.  Sometimes you may get colors you don’t normally gravitate to, which is awesome because then your fabric collection isn’t just blues or greens, you might now get some reds thrown in there or yellows.  There is not a bad bundle in the bunch!  but….f you have a preference you can add it to the comment section on your order  and we will try out best to get you something you request.

Click HERE to go to the Day 11 Bundles on our site…

After reading this…I decided the bundles Jess sent me to photograph will now be given a new home in my collection!!! Dilly Dilly…lol sorry couldn’t help myself there…

I will be giving away some fabric bundles…Comment and tell me about you quilting friend(s) whether a special one or a group…or if you do not have one but hoping to someday- if this is you…maybe state where you are from and ask if there is a group, guild or maybe just a person might contact you because they are close…chat and see if you have something in common…

Until tomorrow…Lisa

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

201 Responses to “2017 Needful Things…Day 11”

1. 1 Sheri Lesh
    December 14, 2017 at 9:11 am

I belong to a small quilt group called Cabin Fever……..we have been together for over 30 years. They are wonderful friends and we always have a great time when we are together.

2. 2 Carolyn Fox
    December 14, 2017 at 9:11 am

I belong to a great group called The Harmony Quilters; there are 12 of us. And we make charity quilts. Love this great group of friends!

3. 3 Kd Brown
    December 14, 2017 at 9:12 am

I have lots of quilty friends at church in the quilting group and the quilting store where I used to work. I’m surrounded by great quilting gals!

4. 4 Mary Colley
    December 14, 2017 at 9:13 am

You can never have enough fabric and all of these look great

5. 5 Brenda Jeffers
    December 14, 2017 at 9:14 am

I sew with 5 other friends. We sew in the basement of one of the lady’s home. We have retreats where we stay over night at her house since she lives in a wooded area in the country. Because we sew in the basement, we call ourselves the BFFs – Basement Fabric Fantitics! We even have matching t-shirts that say BFFs! It’s so much fun.

6. 6 Camilla L Barringer
    December 14, 2017 at 9:15 am

I don’t have a group or belong to a guild… I work too many hours and they all seem to meet at 2:00 on Thursdays! But I’m looking forward to retirement and will join several groups then. 20 more years!!!

7. 7 Kathy Erdmans
    December 14, 2017 at 9:15 am

I sew with a group called the Sometimes Friday Bee. Because sometimes we can sew on Friday! Thanks again for the chance to win!

December 14, 2017 at 9:16 am

I am 500 miles away from my quilting buddies. We get together once a year to catch up, like we have never been apart. Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

9. 9 Dottie Alexander
    December 14, 2017 at 9:16 am

I moved from my hometown to Edmond two years ago. I immediately joined the local quilt guild. Through an email to this guild I was introduced to Sue and Wendy who have taken me into their quilt world. What special friends they have become. I am so grateful.

10. 10 Bonnie Larson
    December 14, 2017 at 9:17 am

I be;long to a large guild, 100+ members, but tend to sew with 1-2 close friends. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas

11. 11 Donna W
    December 14, 2017 at 9:17 am

My special quilty friend is my mom. The interesting thing is I was the one who got her quilting! My mom is a beautiful seamstress making beautiful clothes but not quilts. Now she has made quilts for all her grandchildren!

12. 12 Joan R
    December 14, 2017 at 9:18 am

One of my best friends started quilting when she retired. I think seeing what I was doing may have inspired her. I t may very well have been her mother. Either way she is as deep in it as you can go and I’m pleased to see the joy it brings her. She will always be getting quilting goodies for Christmas from me now! A true partner in crime!

13. 13 Kathy S
    December 14, 2017 at 9:19 am

My Bestie Karen Brion got me started quilting several years ago. I didn’t think I could possibly do it but she believed in me. She taught me everything I know and I LOVE quilting. We have taken several trips to different quilt shops and 2 years ago it was yours. I love quilting and my friend for believing in me when I didn’t!

14. 14 Robin McGuire
    December 14, 2017 at 9:19 am

My quilt friends are those I’ve made through an online group. One lives close enough to meet for shopping and lunch every few months. I did get to travel to a retreat last September to meet some others. We share projects and support each other just like any other group of quilters!

15. 15 Elaine Sanders
    December 14, 2017 at 9:19 am

I have a special quilting group with my mother and 2 close friends. Not only do we share the common interest of quilting, we are also close friends and stay connected through email several times a week. We have all said that we would not be who we are without the others. We are thankful for each other.

December 14, 2017 at 9:20 am

We had a group of 6-8 women who met once a month for several years. One girl, Debbie, offered her home. She was an amazing quilter. We were lucky if we forgot to bring something because she had it all. 2 years ago Debbie passed away from Cancer. Our group has fallen apart. One woman I was closest to and I still try and get together and sew. We have the same taste in patterns and fabrics. We are more into reproduction prints and we’ve used Primitive Gathering fabrics mixed in.

17. 17 Sheila
    December 14, 2017 at 9:20 am

Just moved South from a home up North we lived in for 23 years so hoping to make some new quilting friends here as well as trying to keep in touch long distance with the ones I left behind.

18. 18 Cheryl Adam
    December 14, 2017 at 9:20 am

I am in a group called the “Old Crows”. We officially get together once a month but often more. We have this problem-one of us decides a project is cute and then we all do it. Don’t get me wrong, we enjoy doing these projects and always have lots of fun but we don’t always get as much done on our individual projects as we would like. Having told you this, we will never stop getting together and doing these projects-. We are like sisters, love each other andch cherish our time together.

19. 19 Janet Sopa
    December 14, 2017 at 9:22 am

I am lucky to have a special group of friends to quilt with. I have met some very nice quilting friends thru this journey and at quilt retreat at the Gathering. Some of us have been friends for years, others I’ve met from all over the state and out of state at retreat. We always come back the same time twice a year so we can all be together. It’s so much fun and it is so true, quilting people are just NICE people.

20. 20 Pat McMullin
    December 14, 2017 at 9:25 am

I met my best quilting friends at a couple of quilt store Block of the Month classes. It has been fun to join a guild together and Shop Hop, and of course inspire and encourage each other.

21. 21 Rebecca Hoffmann
    December 14, 2017 at 9:27 am

I sew with a group of 6 friends, we have been together for about 12 years, we meet once a week and take turns meeting at each other’s home. I also have a BFF who lives far away, but we keep in touch and do sew-a-longs together. Thanks for the chance to win fabric.

22. 22 Cheryl
    December 14, 2017 at 9:27 am

I have a small group of friends that get together once a monthjust to quilt . It’s not the one thing it’s the million little thing we do together that makes it very special.

23. 23 Chris Thorpe
    December 14, 2017 at 9:28 am

I have many groups of quilting friends, quilt shops gals, high school friends, neighborhood groups, church groups, love them all!! Try to do one retreat a year! Love the times we’re together & learning new quilting ideas!!

24. 24 Deborah
    December 14, 2017 at 9:28 am

All quilters are my friends! But I met my best quilting friend on the internet – sounds silly and awfully dangerous – afterall quilters carry scissors, but we like the same fabrics, stores and projects. We inspire each other!

25. 25 Jill McCaughey. From Calgary, Alberta, CANADA and Phoenix, AZ
    December 14, 2017 at 9:29 am

I have the great privilege of being able to quilt with groups both here, in Arizona, and in Calgary when I return in the spring. We do a lot of “caring quilting” to donate, and I find that I really enjoy knowing these women (and men) in both places. We recently sold a large home, and I donated a couple large bags of fabrics to a lady who is new to quilting. It was good to share, and keep her going, and to think I was shrinking my stash—NOT! When I go back and find another house I will open boxes of fabric and wonder why I kept it all! Merry Christmas/Hanukkah to everyone.

26. 26 Ginger Jackson
    December 14, 2017 at 9:29 am

Hi Lisa! First met you on a quilting cruise a few years ago, loved learning more about wool from you. I am a longstanding member of a small group, WINOS, (women in need of stitching), we all quilt, embroider, and love working with wool as well. Some of us belong to a quilt guild, others belong to two guilds. We also, as a group, attend two retreats each year. We quilt, we visit, we shop, we drink wine and laugh, a lot! Love your site, your shops and your booth at Houston Quilt Festival!

27. 27 Martha
    December 14, 2017 at 9:30 am

My sister and I quilt together (or get each other in trouble shopping for fabric online). She lives in Texas and I live in Alabama… Alot if FaceTime on the computer 😀. She has taught me a lot and has been very patient in teaching me

28. 28 Marilyn Pearlman
    December 14, 2017 at 9:31 am

I met my BFF at a Friday night Stitch n Bitch, at a local quilt shop. She turned out to be more than a friend. She is a sister, from a different mother. We found a life long friendship, over fabric. I think you know who she is. She has more fabric than anyone I know, but when you need something, she has it. She is a wonderful friend, great mom, and super person, to all. You just have to know her, to know what I am talking about. I cant believe we are back together in the same state. Quilting brought us together.

29. 29 Stacy McDaniel
    December 14, 2017 at 9:32 am

Lisa
    How fun!! What a neat idea. I have a quilt pack, there are 6 of us who travel in a pack and see you in many places. Hopefully you don’t consider us stalkers since we all think of you as a friend!! Thanks for keeping up my favorite tradition- 12 Needful Things! I look forward to this every year!!🎄😀

30. 30 June
    December 14, 2017 at 9:32 am

I have many friends through quilting. Always positive & encouraging.

31. 31 Sue Schultz
    December 14, 2017 at 9:34 am

There is a group of 6 of us from our guild that have a running text message going. We talk every day. One of the ladies named us the 6 pack. We are getting together tomorrow for lunch and I have a quilty gift for them. These little fabric bundles would have been perfect. Quilt friends are the best!!

32. 32 Kris Hebbring
    December 14, 2017 at 9:34 am

My sister introduced me to quilting. We have gone on several weekend quilt retreats- perfect for getting away from everyday life with time to sew and reconnect.

33. 33 Kelly Schrammeck
    December 14, 2017 at 9:36 am

Quilting is such a great conversation starter, I find that once you discover your “common thread of quilting” you have a new friend. It’s fun to hear what project they are working on. It’s also a great motivation for myself.

34. 34 Susan doe
    December 14, 2017 at 9:38 am

Just joined the Irving Quilt Guild. Looking forward to new friends and learning lots!

35. 35 Caryn
    December 14, 2017 at 9:40 am

I have a quilting group that I belong to in Cedar Falls, Iowa and another group of friends who have gotten together a couple times to quilt in my hometown. Always fun to share ideas and encouragement!

36. 36 Rita
    December 14, 2017 at 9:41 am

I’m a member of a large quilt guild and also belong to two small groups. The small groups are my favorites!

37. 37 mary h
    December 14, 2017 at 9:41 am

I have quilted w/ a group for over 20 years. We are fast friends and go by the name QT’s.

38. 38 Jonnie Nottingham
    December 14, 2017 at 9:41 am

I have a special quilty friend – we go to Houston Festival and sit together at Guild. We sometimes get together and quilt or hang out and talk about quilting 🙂

December 14, 2017 at 9:42 am

I’m kind of without a quilting buddy right now. Sure do miss that in my life.

40. 40 Grams
    December 14, 2017 at 9:42 am

I belong to a group that has been meeting since 1994, a few faces have come and gone but a couple of the original ones are still here. We have gotten each other through laughter over dumb things and tears through the sad times……what would quilting be without friends. Hope everyone has a friend to quilt with often in the new year.

41. 41 Mary Z
    December 14, 2017 at 9:42 am

I have a couple of groups I quilt with – – one meets monthly and we do 2 retreats together every year. The other group consists of 6 ladies who met in a quilt shop (which unfortunately is now closed) and we get together 2-3 times a year to sew and chat. I have met so many neat people through this quilting obsession of mine!

42. 42 Brenda Capps
    December 14, 2017 at 9:43 am

Im just getting back into planning retreats for a small group. A brain anuerism in my sewing room in 2014. It was a real challenge to get back to sewing, but Ive succeeded and finishing UFO from then, and new projects. Love the Block Heads!! Thanks!!

43. 43 Pat Braun
    December 14, 2017 at 9:43 am

I have a group of quilting friends that I meet with monthly for the past 15 years. Sometimes we do projects but mostly we talk and laugh!

44. 44 JoAnn Borges
    December 14, 2017 at 9:45 am

Hi Lisa,
    I’m retired and 6 of my quilting bffs are also. We meet at a senior center every Tuesday for 3 hours. We do mostly wool work and your projects are being worked on quite often. Recently purchased the snowman quilt kit which will be a fun quilt to make. Other projects are group has made are Fresh cut daisies, Old St. Nick tabletopper, Ginger Boys, numerous pincushions, 3 of us have made the flower garden quilt with the scrappy sashings, songbird tabletopper, these are just what I can remember. Happy holidays, Merry Christmas.
    JoAnn Borges

45. 45 Marsha
    December 14, 2017 at 9:45 am

I quilt with my niece…. Nice to have the next generation interested.

46. 46 Toni Anne zpotter
    December 14, 2017 at 9:47 am

Back when I belonged to a quilt guild many years ago a new member came in a sat beside me, her name was Rene. After talking a while I offered her a quilting catalog that I had an extra of and we said our friendly goodbye’s. At the next meeting Rene came over to me and asked if my last name was “Valentine”, I told her my maiden name was and asked how she knew? The catalog I’d given her had my maiden name on it, she then said that’s my maiden name also. We’re not related but, we have so, so much in common we should be. We’ve known each other for over 20 years (I can’t believe it’s been that long). We’re both short with (at times) long brown hair and the same skin tone, people ask if we’re related. MERRY, MERRY! Have a wonderful holiday!

47. 47 Debbie G
    December 14, 2017 at 9:48 am

I am happy to tell you about my quilty friends!!! There are 3 who are the best quilty friends I could ever have. 2017 was a tough year for me, as I lost my husband in February. My quilty friends have been a great support team and have helped me get through this year. We have done many group projects/challenges together, and have had so much fun, we are doing more in 2018. We even traveled to PG in WI and took a BIG Stitch quilting class with you, Lisa. On New Year’s Day, we are getting together at my house to make our wool feather trees. We have had the kits for a year, and haven’t put them together. What better way to spend the first day of the new year than with quilty friends that mean the world to me!!! I ordered each of them a tube of binding needles from PG for just a little something for them.

48. 48 Kathleen Elwood
    December 14, 2017 at 9:48 am

I took my first quilting class in 1986 and met 3 women there who have become my lifelong friends. We have a small bee that continues to meet and support/love each other through good times and bad.

49. 49 patibeck2013
    December 14, 2017 at 9:49 am

25 years ago I moved to Utah having lived in a small Wyoming town all my life. I was so unhappy, did not make friends and lonely. One day while in a fabric shop a lady asked me if I quilted and invited me to her quilt guild. I didn’t quilt but made garments but finally somebody talked to me. I went to that meeting and 4 ladies welcomed me and all these years later are dear friends. They shared their quilting talents, my friendship circle has grown. I believe these ladies and the many quilters who have shared their lifes with me saved my life. I try to go out of my way to welcome new people because I know how much each of us need each other.

50. December 14, 2017 at 9:49 am

Chris is my quilting/gal pal. Occasionally we make the same pattern together-pushing each other to get ‘er done. Chris is a purple fanatic and I go towards “slime” green. It’s amazing how the same pattern looks totally different in two color ways. Also have a quilting friend Erika who leans towards blues. If everyone liked the same thing (particularly fabric), life would be pretty boring. Not with these two gals! The last time we took a class together-it was a riot.

51. 51 Kay U McAllister
    December 14, 2017 at 9:50 am

My best quilting buddy moved away about 4 yrs ago but we still converse every day via FB messenger. She sends pictures of things she is working on and asks for advice. I do the same thing, and we are also sending fabrics back and forth all the time. We have the same tastes and it is scary how alike we really are. I miss her but she is what keeps my mojo going!

52. 52 Vickie Olsen
    December 14, 2017 at 9:50 am

I live in Oldsmar Florida and belong to a smallish mini group of 20 or so wonderful women friends. We have been meeting for about 20 years. S now you know how old we all are getting to be! We meet every Tuesday to quilt, eat and gab of course. My friends are always their for me whenever I need them, so I am very blessed.

53. 53 candee
    December 14, 2017 at 9:51 am

I miss my quilty group. We’ve been getting together monthly for 15+ years. My family relocated, but when I visit it’s just like I never left. Since relocating I’ve made wonderful friends through an online quilt group & have gotten to meet them for retreats. Quilty friends are the best.

54. 54 Carol Kuse
    December 14, 2017 at 9:52 am

We are a foursome. We have traveled and quilted together for years. Unfortunately one of us has had to quit traveling with us because of age, and I think this may be my last trip to Paducah for the same reason. We have sure had lots of good years with lots of good quilting advice. Especially picking out fabric! LOL Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

55. 55 Barbara Lotthammer
    December 14, 2017 at 9:55 am

We have had group of six gals and have been meeting every month for thirteen years. We call our group Thimble Therapy. My husband says my therapy isn’t working but I just say ‘that’s why I have to keep going’.

56. December 14, 2017 at 9:55 am

One of the groups I sew with meets every first and third Friday. We do hand stitching and solve the problems of the world–lol!

57. 57 Karen juckem
    December 14, 2017 at 9:56 am

6 of my sit and sew peeps have been together 36 yrs. Even though I retired to crivitz for 12 years, we were always in touch. When I returned to chilton after husband passed my peeps were there for me. Could not do it without them, bless them

58. 58 Terri Hauge
    December 14, 2017 at 9:59 am

This past summer our hometown quilt shop closed. Lots of sadness and where will we get together to sew and share? A month ago, a group of 16 of us made the commitment to rent a spot for a year so that we could back to our get-togethers of quilting and sharing. So far, so good. Quilting with friends just gives me so much inspiration and warms my heart. Quilters are special people!

59. 59 Debbie Bradley
    December 14, 2017 at 10:00 am

My Grandmother quilted for most of her 107 year life. My aunt Doris is the only one of her eight kids to quilt, or even sew. I am one of the very few of the 32 grandchildren that sews. Doris talked me into going to quilt meetings and told me that I needed to keep up the tradition. Doris is my mentor and sewing buddy.

60. 60 Maureen Fry
    December 14, 2017 at 10:02 am

My quilting buddy is my granddaughter. She is my joy!

61. 61 Nancy Zimmerman
    December 14, 2017 at 10:04 am

I belong to a couple of quilt groups. The larger group meets once a month for food, fun and show & tell, and we have a retreat each November. The other group is just 3 of us and we like to visit quilt shops and we sew together every couple of months. Thanks for the giveaway.

62. 62 Heather G
    December 14, 2017 at 10:06 am

I love my quilt guild…and my Sew Day group, in particular. We have so much fun together!

63. 63 Cheryl
    December 14, 2017 at 10:14 am

After years of debating all the cute and funny names for a quilt group we became the Boardroom quilters after seeing US listed this way on a facility rental form. We sew together, eat and diet together, laugh together and cry together. Over twenty years strong. We are family. That is what the quilt community is. Cheryl

64. 64 Donna W
    December 14, 2017 at 10:15 am

I have a very special quilting buddy. Whether it be quilting or just talking (we do a lot of that!), we always have a good time. She is a fabulous quilter and such an inspiration to me.

65. 65 Cindy Strauss
    December 14, 2017 at 10:16 am

I am privileged to belong to a group of fabulous quilters that have become sisters. We have been together 20 years and meet at least once a month. We have traveled together over the years, cried with each other at trying times, hugged and rejoiced together during good times. We know each other’s deepest darkest secrets and still love each other. We enjoy a quilting retreat at a secluded place it the beautiful Ozarks each year in late winter. I live in Little Rock, Ar and we call ourselves the Little Rocketts. I love, love my quilt sisters.

66. 66 donnawt
    December 14, 2017 at 10:19 am

I have a very special quilting buddy. We spend time quilting, talking, laughing, and just being there for each other. She is a fabulous quilter and such an inspiration.

67. 67 laurel huyvaert
    December 14, 2017 at 10:21 am

I have a group of three women that I couldn’t live without. Not only are they quilting buds, but they are friends and confidants. We have shared many good and bad times together.
    Your bundles are great.

68. 68 Kathy J
    December 14, 2017 at 10:25 am

I belong to a Bee called The Ladies of the Night (we meet in the evening). I’ve been in the group almost 20 years and we really are like family. We have so much fun together but also prop each other up when the hard times come. Love the Ladies! Quilting wouldn’t be the same without them.

69. 69 Shirley
    December 14, 2017 at 10:26 am

I have a group of quilting friends we go on retreat, sometimes i dont see them until the next retreat, but time and distance doesnt matter. Friends who quilt are the best. Love fat 1/8, sometimes thats all you need for a project. Minnesota my home state.

70. 70 Patty Archuleta
    December 14, 2017 at 10:31 am

I get my inspiration from two different quilting friends. One is long distance and the other is someone I work with.

71. 71 Sarah Dostal
    December 14, 2017 at 10:32 am

My quilting friend is Terry. We started quilting together in 2006. She’s always ready for a road trip or just get together and stitch. I’m motivated by spending time with her. Love the bundles

72. 72 Laurie Shain
    December 14, 2017 at 10:34 am

I ordered the little bundles for my two special quilting buddies that trek to “ducal” with me every year …for more than 20 years!!! They are a gift 🎁 !! I put the bundle inside of the candy cane pottery mug. They will LOvE it. Somehow I ordered enough mugs for one for ME. Hmmmm…no fabric in mine!

73. 73 Barb K.
    December 14, 2017 at 10:36 am

I belong to a quilting group called Sandhills Quilt Guild–we have a lot of fun together.
    bjkaup@abbnebraska.com

74. 74 Joleen
    December 14, 2017 at 10:38 am

Our group doesn’t have a name and we don’t meet on a regular basis, but when we do it’s like we never left each other! There are guaranteed 4, more often 7 and sometimes we even have 10! So I guess you could say we are a small but mighty group! And as we all know, it isn’t always about how much you get done but just being together catching up!

75. 75 Michelle K
    December 14, 2017 at 10:39 am

I belong to a small group with Jan K. I just received my candy cane mug and I Love It! Thanks for all that you do.

76. 76 Dotty Witt
    December 14, 2017 at 10:41 am

I do have a quilting buddy, my BFF, unfortunately she lives 5 hours away but when she comes to visit we put it in high gear.. The other times we are not together we talk a good talk..hah!

77. 77 Penny Boser
    December 14, 2017 at 10:42 am

Nice bundles! I do belong to a couple of intersecting quilting groups: a big quilt guild, our small group called the Old Crows andMagic Neeles . they keep me sane, involved and sewing and are a great source of inspiration. What one doesn’t think of the other does. Our guild really enjoyed your visit last year.

78. 78 Janet Dickson
    December 14, 2017 at 10:43 am

My SIL and I love to get together when it’s possible. It’s so nice to have someone to work with and share ideas.

79. 79 lcdds217
    December 14, 2017 at 10:47 am

I tend to quilt alone but love to show and share with AWESOME women at my awesome local quilt shop clubs. Nothing like getting other quilters input!

80. 80 Judy
    December 14, 2017 at 10:48 am

I am lucky to belong to the Primative Gatherings scrappy quilt group. We are small but mighty. Would love yo win some fabric instead of drooling all over the beautiful fabrics that don’t fit into my budget.

81. 81 Christina Altelaar
    December 14, 2017 at 10:50 am

We had a new lady join our guild in Lindsay last year. She always came and sat by herself as she didn’t know anyone. I always went over and spoke then I talked her into taking a bus trip . After the bus then talked her into a quilt retreat a few weeks ago. Well I have made such great friends with Jane. My advice to everyone is if you see someone alone please take the time and say hi. Make them feel welcome.

82. December 14, 2017 at 10:53 am

I sew with a friend many Wednesdays. It’s an excuse for both of us to not get interrupted 🙂
    Love the fabric bundles. I purchased a fat eighth bundle from you earlier in the year and love it!

83. 83 Laura baumgardner
    December 14, 2017 at 10:54 am

We have a great group of friends that do retreats many times a year and have the best time. Then there is a core group of about six of us that are very close and are each other’s support, cheering section, brutally honest and all around best gal pals. I don’t know what I would do without them

84. 84 sandy Lowery
    December 14, 2017 at 10:56 am

I belong to a Guild and I also am a member of a “Wooy Group” …we call ourselves “Five Bags Full”..such fun and our meetings always include lunch out.

85. 85 Pam Uhan
    December 14, 2017 at 11:05 am

I unfortunately do not have anyone who even knows how to sew!!! When I retire next year, I hope to explore my area for guilds and sewing groups to meet new friends!

86. 86 Joni
    December 14, 2017 at 11:08 am

I lost my Mom this year & even though we didn’t see eye to eye it hit me pretty hard! She had a good friend Carol who is also my friend & we like the same projects- So if I haven’t started mine yet & she sends me a picture of hers started – bam mine is suddenly done!!

87. 87 Loretta Pederson
    December 14, 2017 at 11:11 am

Loretta, from Mn .. I am part of a group of quilters who meet 2 times a year for a three day retreat. We call ourselves the Crazy Eights after a topper pattern we did together.

88. 88 Kathie Weatherford
    December 14, 2017 at 11:14 am

I belong to two quilt guilds and many quilting friends. But my best quilting friend was my mom. I still miss her.

89. 89 LolaN
    December 14, 2017 at 11:31 am

I used to belong to a great guild in CA but since have moved to OH. I miss all of the wonderful visitors we would have there and the exposure to sooo many types of quilting. Hoping to soon get inspired and back to quilting and find someone to share that with.

90. 90 Ann Wissbaum
    December 14, 2017 at 11:31 am

My special quilting friends are my sister Linda Klauer and my neighbor Jill Wedig that I have been teaching how to quilt. I don’t belong to a guild but I do get invited to my sisters quilting retreats with her group of friends.

91. December 14, 2017 at 11:35 am

I have a group of special internet friends. Some of us are able to get together and sew together once a year, and some I have never met. We enjoy our connection and often do ‘group’ projects. Thanks for the fun!

92. 92 Janice Hill
    December 14, 2017 at 11:36 am

I have a couple of co-workers that I get together with to quilt. I taught one of them and we have been making a cute tea pot quilt.

93. 93 Maryella Rawnsley
    December 14, 2017 at 11:37 am

Maryella from Maine. There are 6 of us that gather together once a month. We have been together for many years. It’s wonderful to have friends that love what you do and support one another through thick or thin. We make heart pillows for the local hospitals heart and breast cancer patients. We have also made place mats for Meals on Wheels people. It makes us feel good when we do that. Happy holidays to one and all.

94. 94 Maggie Reintges
    December 14, 2017 at 11:50 am

They’re all so pretty it’s hard to choose just one!! When we came to Florida for the winter I was really sad to leave my quilting friends behind. But to my surprise I’ve made a lot of new quilting friends here! It goes to your point Lisa that we’re more alike than we know even if we’re not all from the same place ❤️

95. 95 Linda Williams
    December 14, 2017 at 11:50 am

I’m reasonably new to this quilting thing…Still remember the day I called my sister-in-law Paula (my best friend, sister and tutor) and asked her “What is a Batik”. Couple of years ago I purchased a pattern on Sanibel Island and thought I would start cutting….Oops! Another call to Paula….What in the world is “Paper Piecing”. Big silence on the phone and finally she said, “You will either love it or hate it”. We do not live close, but she is my inspiration. Now I have a “Stash”.

96. 96 Kristy
    December 14, 2017 at 12:00 pm

I have a dear quilting friend named Joyce who lives in a different city 7 or so hours away. We have been like minded since we met around 40 years ago. We designed and published together for years until she had to move away with her family. Thank goodness for Facetime, so we can work on projects together and share input on one another’s projects. My quilty friends are a daily blessing in my live…..they get me!!

97. 97 Fran Bianchi
    December 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm

I’m in 4 friendship groups and also belong to my local quilt guild. Needless to say, I have many quilting buddies, some I have known for 25 years and some as recent as 2 years. One of my groups meet on a Saturday and we stitch together from 9-3 and the hostess provides lunch. I can’t think of a better way to spend time with friends.

98. 98 Karen Keeler
    December 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm

My favorite quilting buddies live far far away now that I moved. I miss sewing with them yet in my new home ,I have another group of great gals to sew with. Quilters are everywhere…you just have to say hello.

99. 99 Jody Randall
    December 14, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I have several quilting friends but my best quilt friend is also a co-worker, plus we share the same birthday! How fun is that! We always make each other a mini quilt for our birthdays and Christmas. Rule is to make out of our stash and not buy if possible 🙂

100. 100 P mckenna
    December 14, 2017 at 12:03 pm

I quilt with my best friend Brenda. Every time that I think that I might have too much fabric I look at her stash and realize I hat I have Room to grow. She inspires me to be creative and helps me keep sane.

101. 101 Deborah koetter
    December 14, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Love that you couldn’t resist the Dilly dilly. Our group of friends say the same thing. Merry Christmas to you and your family

102. 102 carol
    December 14, 2017 at 12:13 pm

I do not have quilting friends. Work is overwhelming at this point in my life. Sometime in the near future I would enjoy friends that quilt, love fabric, ….I hope my skills will be good enough to be a friend.

103. 103 Wendy Polsson
    December 14, 2017 at 12:14 pm

I belonged to a group that kind of fell apart. Would love to find a new group of quilting buddies.

104. 104 Hildy
    December 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm

I don’t have quilty frineds in real life only on IG and they are all great there. I wish to meet some of them in person one day and if I ever have a real quilty buddy I hope she is like my IG friends … fun, creative and supportive.

105. December 14, 2017 at 12:31 pm

I have a wonderful group of ladies that I get to sew with. I work out of town a lot and they welcome me back each time as if I hadn’t been gone for several months at a stretch. Love them all very much. All are very supportive and we have the best time gathering together to sew, talk, and of course, enjoy food! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

106. December 14, 2017 at 12:39 pm

I have many quilting friends as I belong to a guild in our area where we share our love for all things quilting.

107. 107 Marie Beers
    December 14, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I miss my 2 Oregon quilting groups, but have some new friends here in Alabama that I meet with twice a month.

108. 108 Patti V
    December 14, 2017 at 12:58 pm

I belong to a group of about 12 ladies that meet once a month on a Friday. It’s called $5 Friday and was started at my store for those ladies that worked. We started at 4pm and went until 9pm. Since I retired, this group now meets at a friend’s studio. We still donate $5 each and it’s a potluck. Good friends and good food, you can’t beat that.

109. 109 Geri Sherwood
    December 14, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Love the fabric bundles!! I am blessed with a great group of quilting friends and family members. We take field trips and do retreats together. I am sew thankful for them
    Geri

December 14, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Joe and Skooter are my quilting friends; they are both still working full time while I am retired so our get togethers are usually weekends. We have a ball on outings to our local quilt shops – always including a lunch stop! Lots of laughs

111. 111 Robin Caruso
    December 14, 2017 at 1:42 pm

My two best friends are also my quilting friends
    Even when one of us moved away we still make sure we get together. Friendships are special but it is important to take time and spend time with each other.

December 14, 2017 at 1:45 pm

I belong to a group of14.which has been together for nearly 20 years . It started with a group of 8 called the Ppl which was Potter’s(that’s me) perfect pieces, we grew to become TT ,which was a take on Thimble berries and man as trouble. Many of them have gone to the light side. A few of us have stayed dark. I’m the only one who has gone to wool every piece I do has abit of wool on it

December 14, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Hi Lisa, what a lovely comment you made about us quilters, thank you. My quilting friends… in CA is my friendship group the Threadheads who are like family and tho we are all alphas we get along, laugh, and love each other, I miss them. There is also the Second Saturday Quilters who adopted me into their Temecula retreats, a fun group of ladies I think I corrupted. Let’s not forget Dru at your CA PG store, who always gives me sass, lol, love her humor! Then there’s my Wisconsin PG retreat friends, some are local like you, your mom, Amy, and the PG shop girls, and some travel from various states, like Jan, 2 Michelle’s, Edith, Peg, and 2 newcomers Laura, and Cassey, whom I just saw 2 Wks ago. We were missing Stacey & Mary this year, tho I saw Mary enjoying herself in an NC pic which was awesome! We are all crazy quilt shoppers, story tellers, and quilters, and as you said “we get each other!” You all bring me great joy. In Co, where I am now, I have yet to join the local Arapahoe Quilt Guild and a friendship group, maybe next year once I finish school in March. I am so fortunate to have such lovely quilting friends. Thanks for the opportunity to share. Hugs, Jakey

114. 115 Yvonne Craig
    December 14, 2017 at 1:54 pm

There is a group of us that meet on different day than our guild because you have us addicted to wool. Ha ha

115. 116 Kandy Kuhr
    December 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Best Sewing group I was in was Sewlsisters… great group of women and I had so much fun…. everyone at sometime needs to have a group to sew with…

116. 117 Charmaine
    December 14, 2017 at 2:12 pm

I have one close quilting buddy but neither of us has much time for quilting (we’re both school teachers). I belong to Beach Cities Quilters Guild in Southern California. It’s amazing, but again, never any time to get really involved. Can’t wait to retire so I can “get my Quilt on”!!

117. 118 Anne Thate
    December 14, 2017 at 2:12 pm

I have two special quilt friends! First of all… my mom… who influenced my love of quilting and now we share our guilty pleasure of shopping for quilt fabrics:)
    Leanne has also been a great quilt chum… taking classes with me and going to shows…. makes it all more fun when you share your obsessions💕

118. 119 Nyla Dominguez
    December 14, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I have some dear quilting friends but my best is my sweet sister Rene, such a joy to create with her and share the joy of quilting!

119. 120 Joanne
    December 14, 2017 at 2:18 pm

My quilting buddies are my sister and my sister-in-law … unfortunately we all live in different states … Ohio, Arizona & California 😦 But we try to get together every few years and this year we went to Quilt Festival in Houston and hit The Primitive Gathering booth quite a few times.

120. 121 Pattie Davidson
    December 14, 2017 at 2:24 pm

I Do not belong to a quilt guild, I do love going to my local quilt shop and working once a month on donation quilts for our Abused women’s home.

121. 122 Albeerta Bailie
    December 14, 2017 at 2:24 pm

One of my week’s joys come from meeting with my quilting group on Monday’s. When I joined a friend told me this may not be the group of friends you might choose–there is not one that wouldn’t do anything in the world for you. I love every one of them. We only have 7 regularly-some leave for the summer–who can blame them living in Houston. We had SNOW!!! it stayed on the rooftops and bushes and trees for at least 12-14 hours. May get more next week YAH!!

122. 123 Marcia McLaughlin
    December 14, 2017 at 2:36 pm

My best quilting friend is my long time friend Judy, who lives in Texas while I love in NH.

123. 124 Cindy Golding
    December 14, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I have a wonderful quilting community. I belong to 2 guilds and 2 small sewing groups. Plus I’ve found a great community of quilters on IG Quilters are great people!!

124. 125 Jan calvert
    December 14, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Love the bundles….my good quilting buddy is someone that is a new friend as of last March! We love to go to local quilt shops, Antigue malls…. and really enjoy our time together!

125. 126 Judyk
    December 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm

I don’t have a quilting group that I sew with, but there is a group of us that do shop hops. Primitive Gatherings was one of the first shops we traveled to. BTW we are from Missouri so you definitely were a destination shop for us! Wish you were closer (my husband might disagree)!

126. 127 Laura Lynch of Orange, CA
    December 14, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Hi have a couple of quilty friend groups I’m involved in. One is a group of 6 of us who live in 3 different states … but get together once a year for a week to sew together & catch up on each others lives … we have been meeting for about 25 years … love these Godly ladies … they are my treasures! The other group is my best friend & several wonderful women from my local quilt guild. We gather to quilt for charity … Quilts for Kids & Quilts for Vets … Yesterday we distributed over 100 quilts, over 120 pillowcases & 165 new toys to our County’s Social Services workers for the children & teens in their care. They serve foster children, abused children, handicapped children & low-income/homeless families! What a privilege it is to sew for these wonderful children & families … and a great way to honor our brave & selfless veterans and their families … honoring their sacrifice for all of us!! Blessing to Lisa, her family & each of her quilting followers!! Laura in Orange, CA

127. 128 nannette lunger
    December 14, 2017 at 3:44 pm

There are 7 gals in our group, each with their own talents & gifts! But one special gal documents (in photos) our year & travels in quilting. She writes wonderful poems about things that were said or things that we do-she scrapbooks all through the year and at Christmas she wraps up our year with a pretty little bow & gives each of us the most wonderful little book that includes recipes from retreats, our workshop with you & our projects too. We meet every Tuesday, work on our projects, eat & laugh until we can laugh no more. I love these gals like sisters! We are from OHIO!

128. December 14, 2017 at 3:59 pm

I met some quilters at a guild who have become my bffs. In addition to guild meetings and activities we meet occasionally for our own ‘meetings’

129. 130 Chris
    December 14, 2017 at 4:06 pm

I meet with 8 friends at least once a month, mostly for hand sewing and sharing ideas and laughing … lots of laughing.

130. 131 Mary Smith
    December 14, 2017 at 4:07 pm

I have lots of quilting friends from the two guilds I belong to. I try to welcome new members when they join. I like the idea of giving some fabric as an introduction or way to make them feel special.

131. 132 Pris Phillips
    December 14, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I have a dear quilty friend named Clara. She is a widow, with sole care of her disabled adult son. We met in a fb quilt group several years ago. I had offered to share from my stash with quilters who wanted to participate in the BOM that year but couldn’t afford to buy fabric. Clara was one of those who responded, and has since become a dear friend! We have never met in person, but we chat almost daily via fb or text messages with an occasional phone call. We live several states away and may never meet in person (this side of heaven) but she is very dear to me and I’m grateful for her friendship!! Quilters are a special bunch! ❤️

132. 133 Edie Frasier
    December 14, 2017 at 4:17 pm

I have been quilting for years and have been a part of various groups along the way. Beginning in the new year, I will be teaching some new members in our church how to sew. I am so looking forward to this opportunity to share some sewing knowledge.

133. 134 Bev F
    December 14, 2017 at 4:20 pm

I belong to an awesome quilt guild. However, my best quilting buddies are my two daughters and now my new daughter in law! So fun to share my love of sewing/quilting with them!
    I hope that some day I can say the same of my granddaughters (I have two very young ones so far!)

• 135 Rita Nichols
      December 14, 2017 at 4:34 pm

My daughters, their friends, my friends, my aunt and now my grand daughters get together at each other’s homes for informal sewing days. It’s very relaxed. Whoever can come comes and if they can’t they can catch the next one. We have so much fun and lots of laughter.

134. 136 Ruth Ann
    December 14, 2017 at 4:37 pm

My best quilting buddy is my mom and my sister (my mom Bev F comment is above so I guess the feeling is mutual). Some day I hope to pass on to my daughter and any future daughters the love of quilting, creating, and seeing patterns and come to life (currently my daughter is 11 months old). Quilting buddies are the best!

135. 137 Jackie
    December 14, 2017 at 4:50 pm

I and my two neighbors work together on the wool and fabric projects. Its lots of fun. I have sewed for 30 years but they just started a year ago, with me teaching them. They are doing great.

136. 138 Sandra Davis
    December 14, 2017 at 4:50 pm

My best quilt buddies are friend I made through a local quilt store. Time with them is priceless! Doing what we love makes it even more special.

137. 139 Tami
    December 14, 2017 at 4:54 pm

I just started making quilting/stitching friends though my local quilt shop. I am so thankful to have them because I am learning so much from them!

138. December 14, 2017 at 5:07 pm

My favorite quilting friend is my husband. For years he has been supportive and encouraging, but now he has asked me to teach him! (He also wants to learn to dye his own fabrics, so I will be teaching him that too!) He will have to get his own stash though because I won’t share my PG, and reproductions and my early stash is definitely “too girly” for him.

139. 141 Kyra Franz
    December 14, 2017 at 5:13 pm

My best quilting buddy lives in Nebraska, and I live in Arkansas! We share ideas, pictures, fabric, and patterns constantly. Twice a year we try to spend a week together for sewing and shopping.

140. 142 Toni Rosinski
    December 14, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Hi Lisa – a shout out to the Mohawk Valley Quilt Club in central NY! An awesome group of quilters!!!

141. 143 Virginia (Dee) Cox
    December 14, 2017 at 5:34 pm

We have a wonderful quilt group who meet each week at our rec. hall in our senior Mobil home park in Naples Florida. Being from Ohio it is great to exchange ideas to make “ Florida style” quilts.

142. 144 Beth Esser
    December 14, 2017 at 5:46 pm

I belong to two quilt guilds, one has 130 members, the other has 28! They are both different and both very fun. And I quite often give out little things to my quilty friends. Little fabric bundles work great. It is so fun to see how happy it makes them!

143. December 14, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I host weekend quilting retreats and have met so many great people and made so many life long friends.

144. 146 Becky McMahon
    December 14, 2017 at 6:02 pm

A few years back I started a group at a Quilt stop. It was Beckys challenge, now we call it the Tuesday group. We have 6-9 ladies show up, others drop in for only a few minutes. We have even started doing quilt retreats together. It a great group of ladies that help each other grow.

145. 147 Debby
    December 14, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I do belong to a large quilt guild and while I do enjoy that group, my favorite group of quilter’s is the small group from my church that I have taught the basics to. We have a lot of fun making group quilts and visiting quilt shops together. Merry Christmas!

December 14, 2017 at 6:26 pm

I would love a quilting friend but no one I know really loves to quilt.

147. 149 Patricia Rosenbaum
    December 14, 2017 at 6:33 pm

I am blessed to belong to three separate bees. One is small, just 6 of us, and we meet monthly. Another group is larger and we meet in the Fellowship Hall of a local church, also monthly. I also belong to a group of longarmets that also meets monthly. We meet at our local fabric store and do show and tell as well as discuss and share any ideas or diffucultues we might encounter. I love them all!!!

148. 150 Lytle Markham
    December 14, 2017 at 6:34 pm

I belong to LeTort Quiters in Carlisle, Pa. we have a wonderful and diversified group of ladies. We are fortunate enough to have a very well know quilter in our group, Karen Kay Buckley! I’m proud to say I knew her when. I belong to a small off shoot group of crazy quilters. We meet once a month and go on a yearly retreat. I also have four very special friends who love to get together for road trips. I have loved quilting since my mother and I watched quilt as you go on public TV in 1978!

149. 151 Elaine Morgan
    December 14, 2017 at 6:45 pm

I belong to a a bee called The Pine Neeedlers that meet twice a month and good friend and I meet on Wednesday at a local coffee shop to sew!!!

150. December 14, 2017 at 7:33 pm

I belong to a great quilting guild, we call ourselves ” the best quilting guild in the world”, good friends, fun sew alongs and wonderful community projects. Thanks for the chance to win and thanks for your generous sew alongs and giveaways. Merry Christmas.

151. 153 Robin T
    December 14, 2017 at 8:19 pm

I have a great mini group with 9 other ladies. After my husband they are my best friends.

152. 154 Patti J
    December 14, 2017 at 8:23 pm

My special friend is an AMAZING quilter. She has an unbelievable, natural talent. I bet you would like her work. She is also a natural at choosing fabric combinations. I’m always envious of her work. She pushes me to do better in all that I do.

153. 155 Carmen N.
    December 14, 2017 at 8:37 pm

I enjoy being a part of two quilt guilds as well as a group of frieds that get together once a month to quilt. It’s great to have friend to encourage and inspire!

154. 156 Janet Friedrich
    December 14, 2017 at 8:38 pm

I have a great workshop that’s become a friendship group for me – it’s the first Saturday of the month and we have a great time making small things (all blocks must finish to less than 7″, altho most of us do 4 or 5″). It’s the one thing I just don’t miss!

155. 157 Sarah
    December 14, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I could use some quilting friends. I have some older ladies in my church that we share what we make but nobody to have a quilting day with.

156. 158 Brenda King
    December 14, 2017 at 8:50 pm

My best friend/quilting buddy, of 36 yrs., Mo, moved from Or. to Idaho, about ten yrs. ago. I was devastated. We shopped, sewed, and did every thing together! Still miss her daily. My sweet Sister, Gwen, has stepped up to be my quilting friend. We have fun, and have made some quilts together. I love quilting, and would be so happy to win the reproduction stack you are offering! Thanks so much! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Brenda King

157. 159 Suzette harris
    December 14, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I have a wonderful group of ladies I meet with two Friday evenings every month. I have gotten very close to many of them.

December 14, 2017 at 9:20 pm

I belong to a small group of ladies that meet every Tuesday evening for supper and sewing. Whoever can make it comes and we take turns bringing supper. We share ideas and help each other out.

159. 161 Pam
    December 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Belonged to a large group, but then move back to my hometown of Oshkosh, WI after being gone for 9 years. Still working full time, but will be looking for opportunities here.

160. 162 Debra Reber
    December 14, 2017 at 9:34 pm

My best quilting buddy’s name is Linda. We both belong to a local quilting guild

December 14, 2017 at 9:35 pm

I am originally from IL, but now live in Murrieta, CA. Lucky me for having such a great quilt shop in town. I belong to a small group in Murrieta and we meet twice a month. We share quilting ideas and help each other with our quilting concerns and any other problems we might have. I quilted, when I lived in IL so I have quilting friends in other states (some moved from IL) and these women I email and we share photos of our projects . In the past, we have done retreats together. I truly value all of these ladies friendships.

162. 164 sewncreations
    December 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm

I’m unable to attend quilting groups and don’t have any close friends that quilt or sew but I get great inspiration from blogs like yours.

163. 165 Rose Jeter
    December 14, 2017 at 9:47 pm

My sewl sister, Sara and I met at a quilt class, the universe was gracious enough to put us next to each other, we are contagious, we both are brimming with ideas, and see inspiration every where, we both struggle for time to do it all. We both belong to two local guilds, 3 sewing bees, and sew together whenever we possibly can. I agree there is nothing better than quilting buddies.

164. 166 Susan Gimpel
    December 14, 2017 at 10:05 pm

I belong to a group of quilters called the Together Quilters. There is 6 of us and we sew together, share patterns, and go on road trips to different quilt shops.

165. 167 Karen Dianda
    December 14, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Your note about special friendships built thru quilting is so true. Our group has been together close to 20 years… sadly we lost a dear friend on Monday and today we heard the news another has cancer. Quilting friends are our family too.

166. 168 Sharon Bochmann
    December 14, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I am blessed with the best quilting friends. For a small town we have 3 very nice quilt shops, several quilting guilds, and so many classes, open see times, and friends that just get together to quilt, go out to dinner, or do a Book Club together that we practically live together ! Lol!! I may be in heaven!!

167. 169 Karen Seitz
    December 14, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I have great quilty friends. One group is called Tangled Threads. I also sew with one of my best friends who was inspired to start quilting by me!

December 14, 2017 at 11:05 pm

My sisters are my people, I have taught both of them quilting techniques and skills, they are at different levels but everyone works together to help each other progress. The best way to learn is to teach…I’m learning, too!

169. 171 Kristy W
    December 14, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Lisa- What darling bundles. Perfect for scrap quilting! My quilting buddy lives next door. I call her all the time for advice and help. She lets me come over and share my projects and then she shares her projects. We share fabric sometimes too. She likes to limit her palate and I, well, I like to use as many different fabrics as I can in one quilt! We both design our own quilts but we also like to share patterns. It is such a blessing. She is close to 80 years old now but she still hikes a few days a week! She is really the best friend I could have next door! Love her lots. K-

170. December 14, 2017 at 11:32 pm

I don’t belong to any guilds, except our state guild, that sponsored the event where I last took a class from you. I do have a quilt retreat buddy. We met at the first class I took from you, almost 5 years ago now. We live about 20 minutes away from each other, but we only get together to attend retreats, about once a year. Have one coming up in a month–can’t wait!
    The fabric bundles a re a fun idea.

171. 173 A.J.M. Bouwman
    December 15, 2017 at 3:00 am

Lovely fabric bundles, I do not belong to a quilt group, but have many internet quilt friends. And my best quilt friend is my mother with whom I share the love for quilts

172. 174 Martha C
    December 15, 2017 at 5:28 am

I have a new group I am getting to know. Nothing better than quilting friends!

173. 175 Cathy
    December 15, 2017 at 5:35 am

I sew with a great group of ladies on Mondays at our favorite fabric store…Calico Point. Love the help and encouragement we give to each other.

174. 176 Michelle
    December 15, 2017 at 5:57 am

My Mom, sisters, sister in law and nieces. Every other Thursday my Mom hosts “craft night”. She even makes supper for whoever makes it.

175. 177 Robin Crittenden
    December 15, 2017 at 6:23 am

I have a wonderful friend who owned our local quilt shop. We met when she opened it and have been friends ever since. She can do everything and really inspires me.

176. 178 JennyM
    December 15, 2017 at 6:27 am

I have a small group of quilting buddies that gather three times a year for long weekends of sewing, chatting, eating and companionship. All have different approaches to quilting yet blend into a wonderful group of friends who sew.

177. 179 Judy
    December 15, 2017 at 6:52 am

Some of my best friends are in my quilt guild here in Missouri. I have been a member over 10 years and spend many enjoyable days with them. I also have a group that I only see about 3 Times a year but they are besties too.

178. 180 Sue
    December 15, 2017 at 7:08 am

I moved away from my quilting buddies. My husbands job moved us. So now it is mainly online talk and photos. I don’t have anyone in my new area. But have a very nice online sewing group

179. 181 Lisa Mikel
    December 15, 2017 at 9:47 am

I gave my sewing friend her first sewing machine about 5 years ago and have been helping and teaching her new sewing skills. (I quilt and sew clothing, stuffed toys, pillow cases ect.) We get together when we can and always have tea and a special lunch in my home, along with sewing projects together. We enjoy going to quilt shows and quilt shops together. I love all the cute little fabric bundles you photographed, especially your lines and the repro lines. Happy Holidays!

180. 182 Karen L Chaudoin
    December 15, 2017 at 10:03 am

I am in Greenville NC and belong to the local guild. Several members get together at our local library one night a week. It is a come if you want and I like to go and sit and learn!

181. 183 Cheryl
    December 15, 2017 at 12:07 pm

We are called Loose Threads “ and have been quilting together for ab 8 years. We meet monthly.

182. December 15, 2017 at 12:15 pm

My sister sends me pics of her finished blocks as she lives crosstown & frequents a diff quilt shop then the ones in my area. A favorite shop just closed so now all the class & Seminar buddies that traveled distances are spread apart. So this past year I joined Village Quilt Guild but as a newbie still finding my way.

183. 185 Julie Green
    December 15, 2017 at 1:21 pm

I started a sewing group about 2 years ago and we have had such a good time together. We get together each week on Wednesdays, and we all try very hard to be there !!! It’s a small group only 6 of us, but we like it that way and have become very good friends ! Four of us came and visited your shop this last November, we visited it 3 times in 2 days !!!!!!!! Loved it, I new what to expect they didn’t and it was fun watching them all shop there !!! We also try to do a retreat at least once a year and it just gets longer each time !!! Love my group, love the groups I’m on facebook with and I love being friends with you !!!

184. 186 Janet
    December 15, 2017 at 1:54 pm

I do not belong to a sewing group….mainly due to time. That’s is on my bucket list…..jmh

185. 187 Cathy C
    December 15, 2017 at 4:13 pm

My mom is my best quilting pal. She’s been my “Grandma Moses” inspiration for 30 years. Unfortunately she is fading into an Alzheimer’s fog. She can still sew squares together if I cut them out. And I love quilting with her.

186. 188 Denise Gosselin
    December 15, 2017 at 6:43 pm

I belong to a guild of approximately 80 women with varying skills. It is so nice to be a part of a group of talented women. There are three very special women that I have a close friendship with. We share the passion of quilting, creativity and love of stitching. They have been my support and ‘therapists’ and we’re always there for each other. I don’t know what I would do without these women in my life.

187. 189 Dee
    December 15, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I am so lucky, I belong to three guilds, but my best luck is I have a sew date weekly with a group of gals, only costs $5 a day for the room for much inspiration and friendship.

188. 190 Bev F
    December 15, 2017 at 10:57 pm

I’ve never made one. I have done some pennies around the outer edge on tongues. I’d love to try one with your per cuts! Thanks for the chance to win some.

189. 191 usairdoll
    December 16, 2017 at 12:20 am

All those bundles are yummy! I have a BFF and we met about 8 years ago in a quilting class. We got to talking, her husband is retired USMC and my son was just starting his career in the USMC. We hit it off and have been great buds since. We also have two other friends from classes and we started our own sewing group. They are Awesome ladies!

usairdoll (at) gmail (dot) com

190. 192 usairdoll
    December 16, 2017 at 12:20 am

Super giveaway! Fingers crossed!

usairdoll (at) gmail (dot) com

191. 193 Mary Durham
    December 16, 2017 at 10:34 am

Quilting friends are THE BEST! I belong to a guild and do lots of things with guild members as well as some others. It’s so nice to have other people “get you”. Non-quilting people just always understand what it’s all about.

192. 194 Chris O'Dorisio
    December 16, 2017 at 11:25 am

My love for all things sewing came form my mom. She learned to quilt the old fashioned way with templates and lots of hand stitching. She and I and a dear long time friend have attended the Mid Atlantic Quilt show here in Hamptonn Virginia several years . We signed up for one of your classes and LOVED it! My mom is 78 and had a blast…we laughed, stitched, visited and learned new skills together. Sewing /quilting together will always be a very special memory for me.

193. 195 Mary Lou Ripper
    December 16, 2017 at 12:18 pm

I have used and gave many fabric bundles threw the years. I belong to three guilds and three friendship groups and have used them as gifts or just to share. My quilting buddies are the best.
    As you get older, your friends are always there for you and you for them. I am so glad my quilting communities are filled with wonderful people I love to share my time with. GRATEFUL!!!!

194. 196 see mary quilt
    December 16, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I have a number of quilting buddies from a quilt group I belonged to for over ten years. That group has disbanded but a number of us joined a local guild. Our old group also has a Facebook page that we post our recent quilty projects on. Quilting friends are the best. I had invited a # of friends over to help bind a quilt I needed as a gift for someone the next day. That was also the day my son and daughter-in-law gave birth to our first grandchild. My friends sat at my dining room table and took care of the binding while my hubby and I went off to meet our grandson!

195. 197 LoriL
    December 16, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I belong to 3 different groups of quilters. My BFF moved away and became a grandma, so it is hard to get much stiching time with her.

196. 198 Carol Nelms
    December 17, 2017 at 10:28 am

I enjoy quilt guild but really like the members who come to retreat as I get to know them best.

197. 199 Lj
    December 17, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Had a wonderful group of ladies that I met with every sat. Between moving, relocating to heaven, etc there are just 2 of us left and time is treasured when we now get together at retreats!

198. 200 Annette F.
    December 17, 2017 at 5:17 pm

I belong to a small quilting group that meets twice a month. We all live within a half mile of one another. I am so fortunate to know two wonderfully creative ladies that share a common passion. They get it!

199. 201 Kathy Decker
    December 18, 2017 at 9:15 am

I like my Sit and Stitch group! My other quilt friends are far away, so we meet halfway to shop a few times a year. We always pick up right where we left off.