2017 Needful Things…Day 6

Day 6- Binding Clips & Pincushion/Clip holder pattern

Well.. we already talked about the correct needle for binding (I hope you have those either on the way or in your cart to purchase when the 12 Days are over) and I thought Joyce’s binding clip pincushion/needle case was awesome that she had shown me at the Ourterbanks retreat….so we have a new pattern for this necessary tool…Joyce said she like how large (5″x 9″ish) it is because it sits nicely on your chair arm and won’t get lost anywhere!!!  The kit is made  from our newest just in Needle & Thread Gatherings line of Moda fabrics…The Kit/Pattern is $18.  The pattern alone is $10…again not to sound repetitive but this would also make a fast easy gift for someone deserving, of course…

We have all sizes of clips and a pattern and kit of this pincushion caddy perfect to keep all your binding tools…the wool flap has a needle keeper for your binding needles..

Can you see how the flaps keep the clips nice and convenient?

We have the mini clips, large clips and the standard size clips on sale as well….and the prices will be on our site…

Click HERE to go to our site to order these items..

We also had a tool to hold your binding, but we will be introducing that in the new year…things just got away from me with Nick and his surgeries and Dr. appointments…and just life, I’m sure you know as it probably happens to you as well…

But I would love to give away a Kit & Pattern and some clips with a comment on this post!!!

Since I already did a binding question lets do a Christmas question…What is your most favorite Christmas candy/cookie or thing to eat this time of year?  You can also tell me about it…like if you get together with family/friends to bake or exchange…it’s alway fun to here what other do…

until tomorrow…LB

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

145 Responses to “2017 Needful Things…Day 6”

1. 1 Kathie Weatherford
    December 19, 2017 at 8:49 am

My favorite cookie is uncontrolled and of course chocolate chip s.

2. 2 Edie Frasier
    December 19, 2017 at 8:50 am

What a cute idea for holding the binding clips! I know the ladies in the retreat brought all kinds of good ideas with them. Have a wonderful Christmas.

3. 3 Marie Beers
    December 19, 2017 at 8:51 am

Every year for Christmas I made Anise cookies that my mother use to make, this year will be the first time I’ll be able to make them with my youngest daughter since I moved close to her this summer.

4. 4 Tammy Sorensen
    December 19, 2017 at 8:51 am

I love sugar cookies.

5. 5 Pam H
    December 19, 2017 at 8:54 am

I’ve always wondered about these binding clips. Lots of people seem to find them useful for all kinds of things. I don’t do a cookie exchange at this time of year but one thing I generally make is peanut brittle. Last year, with everyone watching their sugar intake, I decided to forgo it….big mistake. Once people arrived for the holiday, my daughter told me how disappointed she was and asked if she could make it because it wouldn’t be Christmas without it. Who knew! LOL…getting so close to Christmas now but I’ve got a reprieve because we are celebrating the first week of January…families have such crazy schedules, and this gives us all time to enjoy our individual families and work as needed. I’m sure other families with RN’s can relate. Merry Merry to you!

6. 6 Sarah Paladino
    December 19, 2017 at 8:55 am

I have a new favorite cookie. It’s called the Browniest Cookie on the Smitten Kitchen blog. They are amazing! I will be making them to gift next year.

7. 7 Patty Archuleta
    December 19, 2017 at 8:59 am

My families favorite Christmas treat is chocolate covered peanut butter balls. They are way too time consuming to make all the time so it’s a once a year treat.

8. 8 Rita Nichols
    December 19, 2017 at 9:00 am

I don’t do a lot of baking anymore but my husband likes cutout sugar cookies and I like cutout gingerbread so I do get that made. I haven’t tried the binding clips yet.

9. 9 Jane
    December 19, 2017 at 9:01 am

My favorite cookies are good old decorated sugar cookies. My grandmother and I made them, then my Mom and my children and now me and my grandchildren. Of course the best part was the icing! My son went from piling as much as he could on one cookie to being very careful about getting the design right. Last year my granddaughter chose pink, purple and blue to color all the icing. Every year is an experience of its own. My best memory is the year my dad and I were the decorators. I never knew he was so artistic!

10. 10 Sue
    December 19, 2017 at 9:02 am

Love the clips. the pillow they are on is adorable.

11. 12 Sheila Plock
    December 19, 2017 at 9:02 am

Headed to son’s home and new granddaughter so maybe just the family favorite chocolate chip this year. Love the binding pattern, have to order that.

12. 13 Lynn
    December 19, 2017 at 9:03 am

My grandmother used to make her own fondant chocolates at Christmas and it was the biggest treat to sneak into the boxes in the buffet to take one of the candies sitting in rows of little brown paper cups! So yummy!

13. December 19, 2017 at 9:06 am

My favorite cookie recipe is Neman-Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie, which is often requested by family and friends. Can’t go wrong with a really good chocolate chip cookie-ever, but then my mom requests a pecan pie. Either way-I’m good.

14. 15 Lisa Mikel
    December 19, 2017 at 9:07 am

Your binding clip cushion is very cute and is a great idea. I use those clips when I bind and they work great. I gave my hubby some clips to use when he makes leather muzzle loading bags. They work great to hold leather in place for stitching also. I love making ginger snaps and make them several times every winter. My four year old grandson Jase loves making them with me too, they are easy to make.

15. 16 Chris Thorpe
    December 19, 2017 at 9:08 am

Chocolates, my 4 daughter in laws come to my house & we dip chocolates 60 pounds, 9 different varieties, box and gave as neighbor gifts! It’s a lot of work, but sure enjoy the company! Love the binding clips!!

16. 17 Sue H
    December 19, 2017 at 9:09 am

My daughter flies in just about every year for Christmas and we make loads of cookies to share with others. I think our favorite recipe is for Snickerdoodles. Love them!!

17. 18 Linda Powers
    December 19, 2017 at 9:10 am

My aunt really couldn’t cook or bake at all, but the one thing she did really well was make English Toffee at Christmas time. We LOVED her toffee! A small dish was passed around to a large group of people. Everyone would politely take a small piece while the kids would quietly sneak into the kitchen to try and find the hidden stash.

18. 19 Linda Witherow
    December 19, 2017 at 9:10 am

I have a few wonder clips but have never used them for binding.. maybe I should give them a try because I always seem to stick myself with the pins that are in my binding… and I also need to try some of your binding needles!

19. 20 Marsha
    December 19, 2017 at 9:11 am

My favorite Christmas candy is my husband Steve’s fudge. It’s sooo good and he only makes it during the Christmas season. I tried to make it for years but it never would turn out as good.

20. 21 Judy
    December 19, 2017 at 9:14 am

My favorite candy is peppermint bark. I always went to Geneva, IL to buy the ingredients and then make it to give to family and friends. But this year moved to WI and couldn’t get the ingredients so no peppermint bark – so sad! Maybe next year I will make a special trip…..

21. 22 EllenB
    December 19, 2017 at 9:15 am

I always make cinnamon stars cookies and this year I’m trying gingersnaps and lemon-lime refrigerator cookies.

22. 23 Sue singet
    December 19, 2017 at 9:17 am

Love using clips

23. 24 Gwen DeSeure
    December 19, 2017 at 9:18 am

This looks like such a handy idea! Id love to have it already made for me to use! I have been only collecting Red regular size clips – so far!

• 25 Gwen DeSeure
      December 19, 2017 at 9:23 am

My best cookie is the no-bake chocolate oatmeal; which waa introduced to me as “Dobbies” from a friend/neighbor at Offutt AFB years ago. Now has become a family favorite tradition.

24. December 19, 2017 at 9:21 am

My favorite Christmas cookie is the old fashioned sugar cookie. My mom would always use almond extract at Christmas which made them taste special for the holiday. I love the binder clips and the pattern is just too cute. It’s on my wishlist for the new year if I’m not fortunate enough to win. Too much Christmas spending already done to get it now. See my sad face?

25. 27 Rita
    December 19, 2017 at 9:22 am

Some memories you just carry with you….Grandmaw always had poppyseed kolaches and strudel out for Christmas….its a must!

26. 28 Robin Schlager
    December 19, 2017 at 9:22 am

My quilt group has been meeting every Wednesday night for about 5 years now and our husbands feel left out. So every Christmas we have a dinner, including husbands and do a giant grab bag. We all bring 5 ladies gifts and 5 men gifts. We put them in these giant felt bags I found at the Christmas Tree Shop years ago and we pick gifts, there are practical gifts like socks, scarves , hand cream, always some quiking supplies- Aurifil thread , etc and then some fun stuff like dog my treats for our dogs , etc. We have pot luck and great desserts , like a Buche De Noel and 2 years ago a giant Crochen Buche with spun sugar. This year (it was last Saturday) we had a catered Chinese feast. It’s a fun , fun night.

27. 29 Geri Sherwood
    December 19, 2017 at 9:24 am

My sisters and I usually get together and make my moms nut roll recipe at Judy’s House. Judy has perfected the recipe and we try and give them as gifts. It’s my go to for breakfast and a cup of tea in the morning. My sister Shirley is in Texas this year and told me not to eat hers and leave it in the freezer!
    Geri

28. December 19, 2017 at 9:25 am

I and my husband like Angel Food Candy and usually buy it from Fleet. Our neighbor brought some over for a neighbor gathering and I must say, it’s the best!

29. 31 Maria Zook
    December 19, 2017 at 9:25 am

Our family favorite is a sugar cookie recipe that came from my Grandma. It is so old that it uses Crisco as it’s base, but the texture and flavor is wonderful. Each year I get invited to a cookie exchange party and my cookie of choice to take there is a shortbread with a chocolate drop on top.

30. 32 Cindy Golding
    December 19, 2017 at 9:26 am

I have quite an assortment of goodies that my family expects. Tomorrow a 9 yr old friend is coming over to help bake. Her mother isn’t much on cooking. We will be Making marsh mellows caramel corn dipped pretzels peanut butter balls and a couple cookies of her choice. Oh and maybe fudge.

31. 33 June
    December 19, 2017 at 9:26 am

I always make my mother’s Nut Goodie Candy. It is chocolate & peanut butter plus! Love your binding needles & use the clips all the time. Merry Christmas!

32. 34 Lynn S
    December 19, 2017 at 9:26 am

My favorite cookie is a vanilla Spritz cookie with a candied cherry on top. Hard to find the candied cherries around here this year. Not a top seller! But that binding holder is just too cute! What a neat way of storing clips! Merry Christmas!

33. 35 Harriett Murray
    December 19, 2017 at 9:27 am

I love to bake sugar plank cookies at Christmas. They just melt in your mouth. No one can eat just one! They make great gifts.

34. December 19, 2017 at 9:30 am

My favorites for Christmas are candy cane cookies and peanut blossoms. Both bring back precious memories of baking with my Mom! “Blest be the ties that bind!” seems apropos here! Thanks to you, Lisa, for your generous sharing of patterns and encouragement to your faithful readers.

35. 37 Carolyn
    December 19, 2017 at 9:30 am

I did binding on a large pillow last night and I still pin and I used the needle that was handy…and embroidery needle that I struggled with. These clips and keeper look like they would make such a difference! My favorite cookies are rolled cookies with icing, but I rarely make them, even at Christmas because I will eat all of them now that the kids are grown. My husband’s favorite is chocolate chip…I tell him they’re not Christmas cookies but he doesn’t care, they are to him!

36. 38 Carol B
    December 19, 2017 at 9:33 am

My sister in law is the baker. She makes the most awesome lady locks. I just can’t get enough of them. We will have lots of cookies from now until the new year when all the family gets together for Christmas and the New Year.

37. 39 Debbie Bradley
    December 19, 2017 at 9:36 am

My maternal grandmother loved chocolate covered cherries, so every year we made sure there was a box under the tree. So now enjoying chocolate covered cherries brings back memories of her. I love making fudge and then delivering it to the neighbors. I let them have the sugar rush.

38. 40 Karen Sikes
    December 19, 2017 at 9:36 am

I love fruitcake!!! So this year I am going to try to make Lizzies, which is as close to a fruitcake as you can get. Hope they turn out!!!

39. 41 Carol A. Kuse
    December 19, 2017 at 9:37 am

My favorite desserts at Christmas were made by my Grandmother Hjorth. Her annual: Pork Cake and Suet Pudding. I miss them both so much. I remember Grandma saying nobody liked the fruit in fruit cake so she just removed it. She always made one cake for each family except my Uncle Dean. He got his own small one with no raisins.

40. 42 Karen W
    December 19, 2017 at 9:38 am

Christmas COOKIES!!! 🎄
    Every year I try a new recipe… This year it is Cherry Christmas Slices with red and green candied cherries and chopped walnuts… My new favorite! I would be happy to share! 🎄
    P.S. You are a mind reader…I have been looking for something to hold my binding clips and this will be perfect! ❤️ Thank you!

41. 43 Bonnie Larson
    December 19, 2017 at 9:38 am

Oh, it has to be butter tarts, straight from the freezer. Thanks for sharing. I love this idea

42. 44 Sandi
    December 19, 2017 at 9:40 am

I love a German Rum Stollen. My daughter is coming for this Christmas and we are going to do some baking. Hugs,

43. 45 Donna
    December 19, 2017 at 9:41 am

My mother used to make nut roll every year. Since she can’t do that anymore, I ordered it on line. And, whenever there is a Chergosky gathering, we have to have some nut roll, in honor of my mother.
    I’ve never seen a binding clip holder. That is awesome!

44. 46 Loris Mills
    December 19, 2017 at 9:45 am

I make caramel corn this time of year. My neighbors have started asking for refills 🙂

45. 47 Toni rosinski
    December 19, 2017 at 9:48 am

Our family’s favorite dessert for the holidays is baklava – such deliciousness between layers of filo dough and butter and crushed walnuts – it never lasts very long!

December 19, 2017 at 9:48 am

I usually make a cheesecake for the holidays.

47. 49 Tracy O’Briant
    December 19, 2017 at 9:49 am

Love binding clips, use them for everything, including binding!
    My all time favorite Christmas cookies are Thumbprint w/Raspberry Jam. Our go-to are Magic Squares made with vanilla chips vs. chocolate chips. Quick & easy, look great and everyone loves them!
    One of our family traditions is a our own gingerbread house contest then we make a village with them. Even as our children have grown older (who grumble more) and especially now with a 2 year old grandchild, it’s totally fun!

48. 50 Donna W
    December 19, 2017 at 9:50 am

Wow….my favorite cookie (or cookies)!! I love the black walnut cookies my mom makes, thumbprint cookies only filled with icing not jam and peanut butter kiss cookies. i love all 3 equally. On my side of the family we do gift exchanges. At Thanksgiving we draw names and this year it has to be a homemade gift. This will be cool to see what everyone makes!!

49. 51 Wendy Polsson
    December 19, 2017 at 9:51 am

Two absolute must in our house – chocolate dipped pretzels with crushed candy canes on top and gingerbread cookies.

50. 52 Lynnette
    December 19, 2017 at 9:51 am

Every year I fill my son’s request for sugar cookies that just melt in your mouth. Seems to be everyone’s favorite, too, because they disappear first.

51. 53 Jan
    December 19, 2017 at 9:53 am

My granddaughter ‘s gingersnap cookies. Bought your needles in Houston no longer have sore fingers and hand. Really need the clip kit

December 19, 2017 at 9:55 am

My favourite cookies at Christmas are the ones my mum used to bake. They are called Mrs. Mayne’s cookies. (We never did know who Mrs. Mayne was ha ha) We all try to bake them the same as hers but they just don’t turn out the same. They still taste pretty good though.

53. 55 Kate Wolff
    December 19, 2017 at 9:55 am

For the past five years my cousins and sisters get together to bake cookies. It started with trying to make our grandmother’s sugar cakes. Unfortunately we have yet to perfect them. The taste is right, there is just something not quite right but we try each year. This year we made 11 different kinds of cookies. It is a family reunion since the husbands and kids come for quality control. It is such a great time that we all look forward to every year.

54. 56 Beth Esser
    December 19, 2017 at 9:57 am

Every year I have to make my “famous” Jeweled Pyramid cookies. A recipe my mother always made and I won second place in Cook’s Country Holiday cookie contest! It was published in the January 2015 issue of Cook’s Country magazine, and again in America’s Test Kitchen special collector’s edition Christmas Cookies 2016! How fun is that!!

55. 57 Chris
    December 19, 2017 at 9:58 am

My favorite Christmas treat is Angel Food candy. I used to make it but haven’t done that in many years. My sister still does and it’s a real treat when I go to her house and have a piece or two!

56. December 19, 2017 at 10:06 am

It’s just not Christmas unless I get a little taste of lefse!

57. 59 Pam
    December 19, 2017 at 10:15 am

My favorite would be my mom’s homemade caramels. In addition, I like frosted sugar cookies and 3 layer cookies.😊

58. 60 Barbara F.
    December 19, 2017 at 10:16 am

I LOVE pecan balls (the little round snowball cookies rolled in powdered sugar). I don’t do a lot of Christmas baking anymore, just a little for family and friends.

LOVE the binding clip cushion!

59. 61 Theresa Taylor
    December 19, 2017 at 10:18 am

I miss my mothers almond roca I cannot seem to get it right.

60. 62 Dotty Witt
    December 19, 2017 at 10:21 am

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I am Looking so forward to having most of my family here, grandkids are starting g to move into their own lives as adults which means moving away. It has been wonderful having them close for all these years. My favorite Christmas cookie, that I always mKe is Russian Teacakes, and candy is peanut butter balls. Used to be divinity🙄.. Thanks for these 12 days, really enjoyed them…

61. 63 Joanne
    December 19, 2017 at 10:30 am

I love to make the frosted cookies that my mother-in-law would make. The cookie itself was a plain cookie (from m&m recipe) and then she would make a glazed frosting with egg whites and powdered sugar. I love making them because it reminds me of her and the love she showed me from day one! I miss her dearly but am so thankful God blessed me with the most wonderful mother-in-law ever.

62. 64 Carol Eberhardt
    December 19, 2017 at 10:42 am

I think I like cut outs the best, especially when my sister makes them. Two years ago I was on a highly strict diet, made dinner for 25, and indulged in water, turkey and celery…. so I could save calories for two of her cutouts! It was the only sugar I ate for three months! List 40 pounds but never lost my taste for her cookies!

63. 65 Cheryl
    December 19, 2017 at 11:01 am

I love coconut candy. My mom taught me and I taught my daughter. But now I miss making them. Next year I plan to teach my grand daughters.

64. 66 Lu Ann Leonard
    December 19, 2017 at 11:04 am

I love making Cherry Mash candies with Cherry Chips. I was never able to buy them in Phoenix, so had a friend bring them back from Iowa when he would go to visit family. Now that I live in Wisconsin, they have them in the stores! Uh-oh. I’m in trouble now! Chocolate, peanut butter and cherry. What’s not to like!

65. 67 Cheryl
    December 19, 2017 at 11:04 am

I love coconut candy. My mom taught me and I taught my daughter. I do miss making them. Next year I’ll teach my grand daughters. Love the wonder clip pincushion.

66. 68 Mary Kastner
    December 19, 2017 at 11:10 am

I really like those Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Really easy for me to eat too many of those! Love, love, love the clip cushion. that is awesome! Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you and your family! NO more illness!

67. 69 Christina Altelaar
    December 19, 2017 at 11:15 am

Love baking with my 12 year old granddaughter. Our favorites are ginger snaps and peanut butter squares. Ellie makes our family breakfast every Sunday morning. She is famous for her blueberry pancakes , scrambled eggs and of course bacon.

68. 70 Carol Thomas
    December 19, 2017 at 11:23 am

It is a chocolate chip cinnamon coffee cake. Warm, meting chips. Yummy.

69. 71 Patricia Ludwiczak
    December 19, 2017 at 11:26 am

Love the clip cushion! My favorite Christmas goodie is my sister’s Toffee – we call it Fred’s Toffee because she learned to make it from her friend Fred. I have made it many times, but it just isn’t the same. Of course, I’ll never stop trying…and munching!

70. 72 Pamela Blessman
    December 19, 2017 at 11:33 am

I lover the clip keeper!! What a clever idea! Sure beats a plastic tub sitting in the table while bonding!

It’s not Christmas without a bunch of treats but one of our favorite candies is English toffee. I think the favorite cookie is a melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookie. Not good for detailed icing but the grands live rolling them in all the colored sugars.

Have a blessed and loving Christmas!

71. 73 Kathy Elwood
    December 19, 2017 at 11:50 am

I love baking with my daughter and grandchildren. I especially enjoy our cut out sugar cookies. Love the binding clips and cushion!

72. 74 DebrafromMD
    December 19, 2017 at 11:51 am

My favorite thing to eat this time of year is Christmas cookies.

73. December 19, 2017 at 11:51 am

I loved doing cookie exchanges years ago, but when I discovered I was gluten intolerant that had to change. My favorite treats now are Amaretti Cookies make with almond flour. Yum!

74. 76 Carol Thomas
    December 19, 2017 at 11:52 am

We always do a cookie exchange party with friends but had to miss it this year due to an electricity problem. I know it’s decadent and unsophisticated, but my friend makes these brownies with peppermint patties layered in…I can’t believe I missed them this year!!!!!!

75. 77 Loretta Pederson
    December 19, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Peanut blossoms, peanut butter cookie with a Hershey kiss in the center. As my boys were growing up, it was difficult to keep enough of these around during the holiday. Of course, they liked placing the candy on the warm cookie.

76. 78 Connie
    December 19, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Candy Cane cookies, using 1/2 tsp red dough and 1/2 tsp white dough, then twisted together to form a candy cane. My girls groaned every year because it was so tedious but we did it as a family until the girls could drive! Then they planned to be gone on cookie day!! Now my dear husband helps me!! They are delicious!! I would LOVE to have a binding kit!!!!! They are so cute!

77. 79 Connie
    December 19, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Candy Cane Cookies, using 1/2 tsp white dough & 1/2 tsp red dough, then twisted together to form a candy cane. It was very tedious but oh so delicious. My girls complained every year! I would LOVE to win the binding kit!!

78. 80 Penny Boser
    December 19, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I have been making ginger snaps for years to give away at cookie exchanges. My book club does one and they are sooo fun. We all have our favorites. I always make shortbread from my Mom’s recipe as well as mincemeat tarts shortbread buttons and s fruit cake. We all need sweets like another hole in the head but amazingly enough they never go to waste. I think I like baking them almost mire than eating them.

79. 81 Cindy Shope
    December 19, 2017 at 12:22 pm

We love to make a family favorite called Greble. It is kind of like a deep fried donut only square. German family recipe.

80. 82 PK Binns
    December 19, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I have always loved those soft frosted sugar cookies. My grandmother used to make them (among others) and send them to wherever our family was stationed. They never lasted long!

81. 83 Lj
    December 19, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Gingerbread! The whole family(women) get together every year for a day of baking goodies. Full of good eats and memories!

82. 84 Kim
    December 19, 2017 at 1:05 pm

My favorite candy is toffee. I make toffee, peanut brittle, divinity, fudge, rocky road, and peanut butter fudge. I make so many different varieties everyone has a different favorite candy. I just put my last package in the mail today to my niece who is a missionary and is in Australia right now. I also made 4 types of jam and bagged 50 something bags for friends and family. Now I am making cookie dough for Christmas cookies. Merry Christmas everyone.

83. 85 Donna Widerquist
    December 19, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s kiss in the middle. But, I have to admit any type of Christmas cookie hits the spot.

84. 86 Joni
    December 19, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I love iced sugar cookies!
    I haven’t made them for the last few years as I’m trying not to eat flour or sugar!!

85. 87 Marilyn Hopkins
    December 19, 2017 at 2:12 pm

My favorite is iced sugar cookies. I used to make them by the dozens, but now it seems I end up buying more than I make.
    Really like your binding pillow – great idea.

86. 88 Debbie Metzner
    December 19, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Anything with peanut butter and/or chocolate!! A friend made some fudge with cranberries and coconut that was wonderful, so would like to try that. Love the pillow. Might have to make it for a friend that does my binding.

87. 89 Michelle
    December 19, 2017 at 2:18 pm

My Mom’s cut out cookie recipe, “Kathy’s cut outs”. It brings back childhood memories of the Christmas trees she used to decorate with all edible ornaments including these cut out cookies meticulously decorated. We have always, as long as I can remember, made candy and cookies for the holidays as a family group. The people in the family group has changed over the years, just like all people’s lives change. We keep their memory alive and make new ones by keeping and passing on these type of traditions

88. 90 Lytle Markham
    December 19, 2017 at 2:25 pm

When the grandchildren were small, I always made my favorite cutout cookie recipe—eggnog Christmas cookies. The kids all came to my house and got to decorate them however they liked. I made different colored icings and bought all kinds of candy decorations. They had a ball and then they got to take them home. It as a very good memory for all of them. My youngest daughter always made all the Christmas candies. Chocolate covered cherries, the BEST peanut brittle and other filled chocolates. Those were her gift to the other kids. My husband dressed as Santa (I made his costume) . He always surprised the kids with small gifts, and they got to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted. This lasted until my children’s children were in high school. It was tradition and they just didn’t want to give it up!

89. 91 Pattie Davidson
    December 19, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I always make Ice Box cookies, My mother used to bake them. They are thin and very crispy. I make lots of these during Christmas. I just finished with 13 boxes for my daddy to give his friends and I am working on this many more for my husband to give away plus some for my friends and our family. Everybody Loves these. I also Love your clips I use them for binding and everything else. I can always use more.

90. 92 Kristy
    December 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm

I always make Spiced Pecans. They are great for family members, as they have come to expect them…one year I was too ill to make them and they were sorely missed. They make a nice little gift for the mailman, hairdresser, or others in your life. I like to put them in a little ball jar with a little wool embellishment…I mean seriously you can’t have to much wool in your life! Now Lisa I want you to keep this part secret…they are really easy to make. Kristy

91. 93 Wanda
    December 19, 2017 at 2:59 pm

My favorite cookie is a German cookie called lebkuchen . I take a full day off work every year to do most of the baking ….. it s a major production but it is for things I only make at Christmas

December 19, 2017 at 2:59 pm

I love Candy Cane coolies made with crushed cinnamon candy disks rather than the peppermint flavor.

93. 95 Chris
    December 19, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Love these clips! I have a few but could always use more 😀 One of my most favorite activities during the Christmas season is when our family goes Christmas caroling to widows. This tradition started about 20 years ago. we dress festive, grab some jingle bells and visit 12-16 widows. We start in the morning and visit widows at their homes or assisted-living homes….singing and bringing little gifts, or flowers, or cookies or whatever we decide that year. We have been blessed beyond measure by their happy smiles and seeing them so touched. As our children have grown up we are now taking the grandchildren…..many of them, children and adults, say it is their favorite part of Christmas too.

• 96 Chris O'Dorisio
      December 20, 2017 at 12:49 pm

OOPS somehow I got mixed up and never mentioned cookies!!! That would be Pistachio Thumbprint cookies, I have made them for years and now the “marrieds” come in and first thing they go for is the cookie tin that those particular cookies are always in. 🙂

94. 97 Alice
    December 19, 2017 at 3:57 pm

My favorite cookie is peanut butter chocolate chip and eat them all year round!

95. 98 Felice Gokey
    December 19, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Love the pin cushion pattern!!!!!!!!!!! As a pin cushion collector I will definitely need to add that one to my collection. Very clever:) My favorite Christmas candy is Hershey’s white chocolate peppermint kisses. My favorite cookies are gingerbread…..which I purchase. I don’t really bake that much at Christmas…..that was my late grandmothers job:) Thanks for another chance to win:)

96. 99 Martha C.
    December 19, 2017 at 5:16 pm

I LOVE to make Italian pizzelles. My father always made them and now not only my sons but my grandchildren all make them with Pizzelle Irons I gave each family! Its our favorite family Christmas tradition. Love the clips!

97. 100 LoriL
    December 19, 2017 at 5:24 pm

My favorite to eat are homemade sugar cookies made with lots of butter. Gotta use butter if you are from WI. Unfortunately, I have to make, bake and decorate all by myself. But they are so worth it.

98. 101 Debbie G
    December 19, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Frosted sugar cookies are my favorite. My daughter in law makes the best ones using her great grandmother’s recipe. When we bought this home in the fall of 2015, I started a cookie baking tradition with my mom, now 88, and both of my daughter’s in law. So much fun we have!!

December 19, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I say every year I’m not making cookies, but this year I’ve make fudge, peanut butter balls, Russian tea cakes, orange cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, pecan fingers and I’m not making any more!!!

December 19, 2017 at 6:24 pm

I don’t make too many cookies anymore since they go straight to my hips. I did bake chocolate chips for my adult children and chocolate nuts logs for some gifts. One of my favorites is crescents though- my mom made the best.
    I also like your recipe of the chocolate and peanut butter clusters. So easy and so good.

101. 104 Stephanie Woodward
    December 19, 2017 at 7:00 pm

My favorite are Mexican Wedding cookies, and the best part is I don’t have to wait until then for them.

102. 105 Cathy King
    December 19, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Our family’s favorite cookie is called Mamo cookies named for my husband’s grandmother. It is simply a frosted cookie cutter cookie. Mamo wrote her recipe down for me on a regular envelope, which I still refer to, but have it preserved in a plastic envelope, it is a treasure. My sons and their significant others come over and we make a day of recreating Mamo cookies.

103. December 19, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Thin sugar cookies. My grandmother’s recipe. Time is required to roll, decorate & bake so definitely a labor of love. But so appreciated.

104. 107 Theresa Kettner
    December 19, 2017 at 7:23 pm

My Mom’s seafoam. Of 5 sisters, she is the only one that continues the family tradition. Soon I will have to learn how to make it. Love everything about Primitive Gatherings!

105. 108 Kathy Casavant
    December 19, 2017 at 7:35 pm

I love to make carmel candy.

106. 109 Tami
    December 19, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Can I choose a favorite Christmas drink instead?? Eggnog! I love eggnog with a nice plate of homemade cookies. Every year we get together for a cookie exchange. Each person bakes 120 of the same cookie and packages them in groups of ten. We get together at my sister’s house for dinner and exchange them. We end up going home with 12 different types of cookies and the recipes. It’s a nice Christmas tradition 🙂

107. 110 Maggie Reintges
    December 19, 2017 at 8:13 pm

We always made spritz cookies with a cookie press growing up and those are still my favorite today! And we have a Christmas morning coffee cake recipe that’s been passed down for generations that I love to make too! Family traditions are so special at Christmas ❤️

108. 111 Leigh Ann
    December 19, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Well, my favorite cookie??? I think Linzee tarts- a shortbread with raspberry Jam in the middle. My Mom will be here & we’ll make them together!! I love to bake & this is the time of year that people don’t complain!! Each one of my family members like something special- my spouse- cherry pie & million dollar cookies(upscale chocolate chip), my oldest- Hershey kiss cookies, my daughter- mini Oreo cheesecakes, & the youngest red velvet cake. Now we all like all of it but each hs a favorite!! Happy Holidays!!

109. 112 dotpaulk
    December 19, 2017 at 8:37 pm

When I bound my first quilt, not knowing about clips, I used large paper clips to hold it as I didn’t like poking pins into my fabric. Later, a friend gave me a package of clips; I was so ecstatic. My favorite Christmas cookies are called “rosques”. They’re a mexican cookie and you don’t want to know how many calories they have, but I make them just the same – once a year – it can’t hurt!

110. 113 Laura Benthien
    December 19, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Seriously? Just one favorite cookie or candy! I love Scotch A Roos and Buckeye candy! Unfortunately it loves me back!

111. 114 Dede
    December 19, 2017 at 9:10 pm

I used to love to bake all kinds of Christmas cookies, but my mom retired and likes to do it now, so last year the mood struck and I made oatmeal white chocolate chip, cranberry, walnut cookies. They were a big hit, and not the usual.

112. 115 Joan R
    December 19, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I always use these clips and love the little pin cushion for them. I always forget to use them for binding though! My favorite Christmas food item are the cookies and my favorite is shortbread. So easy to make and so yummy!

113. 116 Susan Rienstra
    December 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm

My first clips I received as part of my Christmas Gift a couple years ago from my husband. They are one of the best little gadgets a quilter could ask for!! Christmas baking….I would have to say one of my favorites is lefsa! The best part was I would roll them out and my son would fry the lefsa on a grill. When all done we would be both covered in flour. Great memories!

114. 117 Michelle K
    December 19, 2017 at 9:33 pm

What a cute idea. I love to bind a quilt….it’s done. And on to a new project. We make this drink called white christmas. It’s so good lots of gin, cream, powered sugar and cream soda.Yum it just reminds me of Christmas.

115. 118 Dana D
    December 19, 2017 at 9:46 pm

My absolute favorite Christmas cookies are the iced sugar cookies you shared the recipe for a couple of years ago. Those are truly the best cookies I have ever had and I look forward to them more than any other cookie or candy I make during the holidays. I really appreciate that you shared that special recipe!

116. 119 Bev F
    December 19, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Love to use these clips for binding! What a cute pillow to hold them!
    Our favorite treat at Christmas is banket. It’s an old family recipe and it is an almond filled pastry stick.
    Thanks for a chance to win!

117. 120 Judyk
    December 19, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Hmm, I have to pick one favorite candy? This year I have added a new one–polar paws. It was a huge hit at the community Christmas party as well as with my grandson. Easy too. Just my kind of candy–doesn’t take too much time away from my quilting.

118. 121 Sharon Bochmann
    December 19, 2017 at 11:36 pm

My children and grandchildren get together and make fudge and decorate sugar cookies. Spending time together watching White Christmas comes after the baking is done!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! Keeping Nick in our prayers💕

119. December 20, 2017 at 12:03 am

It’s Peanut Butter Balls! They have taken over my kitchen and I can’t make enough! Starting my third huge batch and still have neighbors and friends to drop off to.. so we will see how far these go! I think batch number 4 is coming soon… Hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas and that your hubby is doing much better!!

120. 123 Liz Kisielewski
    December 20, 2017 at 12:13 am

My favorite Christmas treat is lemon bars.

December 20, 2017 at 1:16 am

Rocky road candy…….we make quite a few batches every year to share……and save some for us too!!!!! We have done this for many years and have lots of people who would be disappointed if we didn’t!! It’s an easy recipe too!! We also have our annual baking day with my daughter and granddaughter….so much fun!!

122. 125 Karen Beerbower
    December 20, 2017 at 2:06 am

I love Stollen, a Christmas bread. My mother has always made it for breakfast on Xmas day. I am now making it with my daughter-in-law and share it with family and friends.

123. 126 A.J.M. Bouwman
    December 20, 2017 at 3:32 am

I love something with marzipan. And that clip cushion looks very handy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

124. 127 Christi Pike
    December 20, 2017 at 4:38 am

I love to make and EAT caramels!!

125. 128 Suzanne Matula
    December 20, 2017 at 8:17 am

My favorite thing to eat this time of the year, besides everything, are thumbprint cookies. My mom always made them and instead of filling with them with jam, she always used her leftover homemade frosting. As a child, I didn’t really care for them, but now I can’t stop myself from eating them! No one else in my family really cares for them, so I land up gorging on all of them. Treadmill here you come!

126. 129 Sue Schultz
    December 20, 2017 at 8:17 am

Love your pincushion and binding clip cushion. What a great idea. This would be a great thing to have and also a great gift to make for quilting friends.

127. 130 Teresa Woodall
    December 20, 2017 at 8:49 am

When I was in my early elementary school years, my dad would get me to help him make Christmas candy for family. We made divinity, fudge(in a black skillet!!), and my favorite–datenut log. He refused to share that recipe! Fond memories of that tradition.

128. 131 Margaret Mossing
    December 20, 2017 at 10:40 am

My favorite food to eat this time of year is a family tradition for as long as I can remember and I am 67 years old. My mother would make an angel food cake and a topping that would be placed on a slice that consisted of whipped cream, crushed peanut brittle and marshmellows. I loved helping my mother make the cake. It was my job to crush the peanut brittle and whip the cream. Bless my mother.

129. 132 Pat McMullin
    December 20, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Love the binding clip cushion, very clever. One of my favorite traditions to make and eat is homemade candy, English toffee, and a soft buttercream center dipped in chocolate then rolled in chopped almonds – they are amazing!

130. 133 Deborah K.
    December 20, 2017 at 3:27 pm

I love my binding clips……never thought about doing a special pillow for them though! What a great idea!

131. 134 Bobbie Rumler
    December 20, 2017 at 5:13 pm

My favorite cookie is Chocolate oatmeal refrig cookie (even with nuts) if you prefer..and pinwheel chocolate and cream from Betty Crocker cookbook…my sisters (4) and my brothers (2) live in other states so we send Arizona nuts to them….Pecans (Green Valley Pecans) Merry Christmas I love your website

132. 135 Angela Bowling
    December 20, 2017 at 6:47 pm

My husband makes for me each year a cookie called a snowball cookie. It is sometimes called a pecan sandie. He covers them with a big dusting of powdered sugar and they are for me alone. I don’t have to share them anyone else. They are soooooooooooo good.

133. 136 The Meaning of Courage
    December 20, 2017 at 7:36 pm

I am totally addicted to Lindor peppermint truffles! And I would never be able to make them, so my baking takes place at Target where I purchased them a bag at a time! 😉

December 20, 2017 at 9:17 pm

My favourite cookies are frosted sugar cookies.

135. 138 Lola Zographos
    December 21, 2017 at 12:10 am

I loved my Grandmothers sugar cookies when I was a kid. I have tried almost every sugar cookie I found but nothing came close. My then 11 year old granddaughter had just learned to make sugar cookies using her other Grandmothers “very secret” recipe. One bite and I was a 7 year old girl eating her favorite cookie again. She is in college now and has a boyfriend so I don’t get to have them as often. I might have to bake myself some and not tell her.

136. 139 Annette F.
    December 21, 2017 at 12:19 am

I’m not a big sweets eater, but I do make sure I either make or buy caramel apples to have on hand for family and friends. Something about the sweet/sour, its a given.

137. December 21, 2017 at 8:35 am

I ❤️ to bake, and so usually bake @ 15 -20 different kinds of cookies. There are some that are a must have though… decorated sugar cookies, gingerbread people, ladylocks, min cheesecakes, buckeyes, and shortbread.

138. 141 Gail Chandler
    December 21, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I love to cook cakes and pies. I get to share my passion in the process as I give them away.

139. 142 usairdoll
    December 21, 2017 at 7:24 pm

I love big pincushions! I love homemade fudge. Growing up my BFF’s mom used to make me my own tin full at Christmas, hehe. This year as well as these last few months have been crazy and haven’t done any baking. I’m bummed about it but no calories to count either. 😜

Thanks for a chance to play!

usairdoll (at) gmail (dot) com

140. 143 dianne61
    December 21, 2017 at 8:55 pm

My daughter hosts Christmas and I do Thanksgiving. We used to do our baking together but now that she started a small business that won’t happen in the foreseeable future. My favorite holiday candy is homemade peppermint bark. Lots of dark chocolate (health food)! A yule log made with Baileys Irish Cream is a very close runner up. Her husband and son, and my hubby also love all the goodies and treats.

141. 144 Kathy Johnson
    December 21, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Danish butter cookies! I can’t have Christmas without them.

142. 145 see mary quilt
    December 21, 2017 at 11:08 pm

My personal favorite cookie is the Peanut Blossom – peanut butter cookie with the Hershey Kiss in it. My daughter-in-law and I have started to schedule a Christmas Cookie baking day. This year we tried 8 new recipes and a few old favorites. We had a few winners this year – Vanilla Polka Dots and Peppermint Sticks – (both King Arthur Flour recipes if you’re interested.)

I own some of the mini Wonder Clips but look forward to adding some of the jumbo and standard size ones. Love the binding clip cushion.