Hey everyone, welcome back! I hope you’re all having a wonderful week. I know how you’ve been patiently waiting for the details on my upcoming “Twilight Stars Quilt-Along,” so I’m excited to tell you that it’s finally here! Thanks to everyone who was able tune in yesterday for my brief LIVE broadcast where I discussed the initial details and requirements for “Twilight Stars.” For those of you who missed it, you’ve come to the right place!
“Twilight Stars” is a quilt-along that I put together using my recent Rustic Gatherings fabric line combined with Jackie MacDonald’s Halloween-themed collection, Spellbound. Both lines feature color palettes with rusty oranges and rich blacks, along with some nice grey selections from Rustic that go together beautifully. If you haven’t had an opportunity to see the Rustic Gatherings collection yet, here it is!
I realize that not everyone is a Halloween fan and if that includes you, don’t worry. This will be a year-long project with plenty of time to shop for alternative fabrics that will also look nice combined with Rustic Gatherings. In all reality, Spellbound doesn’t really have that heavy of a Halloween presence to be honest. Yes, there are some pumpkins and a few witches and black cats here and there, but there is also a star print, moon print, floral print, and some interesting tracery to choose from. Take a look!
As I mentioned above, “Twilight Stars” will be a year-long quilt-along. It will consist of two block releases per week with a tentative start date of June 1st, 2023 – all depending on when Rustic Gatherings arrives to our warehouse. NOTE: Though not everything is here yet, we have listed all the fabric and supplies that you’re going to need for this quilt-along as “in stock” on our website so that you can order it all at once in advance. This means that you may order what you need ahead of time to avoid having to make separate purchases, but it will not ship until we have received the entire order. We anticipate shipping will start in late May/early June. Excited yet? I know I am! Here is what you are going to need to participate…
WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE:
- Block Info Pages – click the buttons below to download and print!
- Triangle Paper for Charms – click HERE for 3/4″, HERE for 1″, or HERE for 1 1/2″
- Triangle Gatherings Book – SPECIALLY PRICED FOR YOU AT $18 for a LIMITED TIME! – purchase by clicking HERE!
OPTIONAL TO PARTICIPATE:
- 3″ x 7″ Primitive Gatherings Creative Grids Ruler – purchase by clicking HERE!
- 5″ x 15″ Primitive Gatherings Creative Grids Ruler – purchase by clicking HERE!
- Aurifil Thread 50wt #2310 – Cone or Spool – purchase by clicking HERE!
- 22″ Strip Stick – purchase by clicking HERE!
- F8’s or FQ’s of Rustic Gatherings and Spellbound Fabric (or choose your own) depending on what size you choose to make. Click HERE to shop Rustic Gatherings and HERE to shop Spellbound.
- Background Fabric – choose between two options: cream with grey floral print or cream with orange floral print. Click HERE for #49206 14 and HERE for color #49206 12
- NOTE: Yardages on information charts include settings, triangles, and borders.
- Once the fabric arrives (we expected it here by early June, 2023) there will be two block releases each week here on the blog.
- Released blocks can be found in the “Twilight Stars Block Release Archive“ which will be listed in the main menu of links on the blog. You can also find it by clicking HERE.
- We will be using my Triangle Gatherings book but blocks will NOT be released in that order!
- A prize will be given each week to one person who posts a photo of both finished blocks from that week.
- A grand prize of a $200 PG gift card OR having your quilt quilted here at PG (the winner will have a choice between the two), will be awarded at the end of the quilt-along for one lucky winner who submits a photo that includes my Triangle Gatherings book, Primitive Gatherings Triangle Paper, and their finished quilt top.
- We will have videos on “Twilight Stars“ in the beginning but will not be doing one each week. These videos can be found on the “Twilight Stars“ playlist on the STITCH with Lisa Bongean YouTube channel, which you can find by clicking HERE.
One of the things I love most about this quilt-along is that it’s not going to take a ton of time to complete the releases each week. Even if you’re strapped for time, this QAL is still very doable. Heck, just do ONE block a week if that’s all you have time for – it’s not a race! In fact, the last thing I want to do is stress or overwhelm you. QALs are supposed to be fun, enjoyable, and an opportunity to sew along with a group of like-minded people. Relax and join us! As my friends at Moda like to say, keep calm and quilt on!
Alright everyone, I think that’s it for the deets! Now it’s up to you to get the ball rolling on “Twilight Stars.” If you have any questions feel free to check out the replay of my LIVE broadcast from Tuesday where I go a little bit more in depth with the details and show you some of my completed blocks. You can watch by clicking HERE! You can also email email@example.com or call the shop at 920-722-7233 during our regular business hours and they’ll be happy to help you.
Hey! Speaking of business hours, just a quick reminder that starting Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 our spring/summer hours will be in effect so adjust your calls and visits out to the shop accordingly! I also want to remind you to tune into STITCH with Lisa Bongean tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. CST where I’ll have a special guest joining me to talk all about our Primitive Gatherings custom hand-dyed wools. Then immediately following, we’ll be LIVE on Comment SOLD (appx 2:15/2:30 CST) where I’ll have a bunch of great fabrics available for you to purchase on SALE! Trust me… Your wallet will mad if you miss this one. Hope to see you there! ~Lisa